S1000XR parts compatibility with RR and R - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibridger View Post
I have both now, a 2015 RR and a 2017 XR, I am waiting for the 2019 RR to come in September.

I'm still torn on whether to put the full Akrapovic system on from my RR on to my XR, I have an HP can on there now and it's a nice sound without being too loud, but I would like to liberate the extra horses with a full system.

My Akra dealer says the RR system will not fit, but I think it's just the mid pipe that I need, the header and collector looks the same to me.

I'll probably sell the RR system when the time comes to trade my 15 for the 19, it's a full titanium evo system, so it would be a shame to break it in half and it's worth more to sell complete than the cost of an XR header/collector (stainless steel).
Correct, the difference is in the mid-pipe, but finding one of those(even new) is like finding hen's teeth, and then there is the cost!! I was going to go down this route, but I ended up selling my R/RR system and buying a new XR system(Akrapovic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

All the angst brought on when I think about changing mine ( I have 2 2016 RR systems hanging in the shed) is just too much. I've just left it stock, after all I can't see it when I ride so it's fine as is.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Haha, well Iíll be removing my Titanium Akrapovic before I trade the Ď15 RR and I will sell mine, I probably will get the Akropovic header for my XR but I need to plan to get the ECU mapping done as well, I found a couple of people who can map Euro 4 bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 PM

I just signed up on the forum, but had some other questions concerning part swaps.

I really wanted a single R, but I am trying to sell off my touring bike for a XR and wanted to know how hard it would be to make a R out of a XR. The XR is longer, so the chassis would stay the same. I am looking at replacing bars, headlight, fairing and probably rearsets for tracking the bike. My buddy has the single R but I haven't sold my streetglide yet to be able to compare the 2 bikes next to each other.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:37 AM

Hi,
I ended up buying a hardly used Stainless header, collector and mid pipe for my XR, it had hardly done any miles, I also have the Akrapovic Titanium end can.

I still have the Titanium full Akrapovic system on my '15 RR, because my 2019 has STILL not arrived yet, November now, Maybe.

I would have liked a full Titanium system, but none were available used at the time and I did not want to pay the new price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in