Yamaha R1M vs BMW HP4 - S1000RR - ZX10 - R1 - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outspokentiger View Post
Yep we in Dallas tell him to bring it out. I have the same name on IG, he can hit meet up we meeting again.

Its no different from tracking, stunting, or straight line racing everyone has their fun way of enjoying motorcycle.

Useless wang waiving is the point. A poodle can ride a bike in a straight line.
Motorcycle riders kill me with that pointless statement.

Lol, well strap that turbo on and lets go.[/QUOTE]

I donít ride the street anymore, too many crazy cars. You live in Dallas, if you come track that thing let me know. I am always down to ride with other Bimmers on the track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 12:04 AM

These types of videos do nothing for me. All I see is a bunch of riders taking huge risks - sport riding is one thing - high speed runs like these - sooner or later - the odds will not be in their favor.

We have all ridden fast and still ride fast - that is the point of these machines and I get it - but when doing 150 mph/220 feet per second on a highway - time after time like these guys - well their odds of not getting creamed are going to the curb rather quickly.

Trust me I like spirited rides - which never involves the highway by the way - hitting terminal speeds does absolutely nothing for me - now coming out of a corner perfectly riding fast to the next corner and doing it again - well that gets my attention.

And certainly I ride my RR all the time where I hit 150 mph or more (at the track) - I just don't do it where it involves unsuspecting motorist driving cars or tractor trailers.

I must be old - I can remember way back when doing some very crazy stuff on the street - really glad I'm still here to write about it - these days I don't have it in me to do it.

Okay I'm done and I know I should sell my RR and buy a scooter and move into a senior citizens neighborhood.
the_gooch, A B, skapan and 5 others like this.

Bruce
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:25 PM
z00

My version of a high speed pull on a stock R1 giving it without lube to euro bikes (my first time at COTA)
Passing at 176mph.

A B, Xtremsiege2 and gmten like this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceV View Post
These types of videos do nothing for me. All I see is a bunch of riders taking huge risks - sport riding is one thing - high speed runs like these - sooner or later - the odds will not be in their favor.

We have all ridden fast and still ride fast - that is the point of these machines and I get it - but when doing 150 mph/220 feet per second on a highway - time after time like these guys - well their odds of not getting creamed are going to the curb rather quickly.

Trust me I like spirited rides - which never involves the highway by the way - hitting terminal speeds does absolutely nothing for me - now coming out of a corner perfectly riding fast to the next corner and doing it again - well that gets my attention.

And certainly I ride my RR all the time where I hit 150 mph or more (at the track) - I just don't do it where it involves unsuspecting motorist driving cars or tractor trailers.

I must be old - I can remember way back when doing some very crazy stuff on the street - really glad I'm still here to write about it - these days I don't have it in me to do it.

Okay I'm done and I know I should sell my RR and buy a scooter and move into a senior citizens neighborhood.
Scooters r dangerous, ok?

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM

Location: My new house (La Villa Strangiato!) in Rio Rancho NM, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuel View Post
Where'd you get that video of BruceV on his scooter? Terrorizing his neighborhood I see......
BruceV likes this.

Making America Great Again, one melted snowflake at a time......

"Madness": 2015 Motorrad S1000RR with the DDC and "Forgies".
'01 Suzuki Gixxer 1k Blu/Wht (Sold - 79k miles).
'91 Kawasaki KX500 (Still got it).
'86 Suzuki Gixxer 1100 Blu/Wht (Sold - 68k miles).
'83 Suzuki GS1100ES Red/Blk (Sold - 60k miles).
'82 Yamaha 650 Maxim (Sold - 50k miles).

"Hangin's too good for 'im.....BURNIN'S too good for 'im.......he should be torn into little-bitsy pieces and BURIED ALIVE!"
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Garage
Lmao.

I'd smoke all of them with my 155lbs fully geared up...

Good things come in small packages.

2019 BMW S1000R
2016 BMW S1000RR [SOLD]
2017 KTM Duke 690 [SOLD]
2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 [SOLD]
2012 KTM Duke 125 [SOLD]
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
Where'd you get that video of BruceV on his scooter? Terrorizing his neighborhood I see......
Hey I said I used to do some crazy stuff - this scooter video just supports what I was saying - taking risks like that - sooner or later you are going to have a bad day.

Again I'm not saying I don't go out for a very spirited ride and push a few boundaries because I do - but I pick and choose when and where I do it - to lower the risk in doing so.

What I did when I was 30-40 years old - just not happening today.

Truth be told I'm way too afraid of getting mucked up because of me going out and riding like a madman on the street.

You guys know my story - I have a very large need for speed - I go to the track a lot - so when I take my street bikes out - that need is not there.
skapan, wfo439 and CYCLE_MONKEY like this.

Bruce

Last edited by BruceV; 03-01-2018 at 10:47 PM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceV View Post

What I did when I was 30-40 years old - just not happening today.
Oh my. After a 28 year layoff (returned to riding in 2014) I was sure I'd lose my license within 6 months. Fortunately I restrained myself. The first ride I went on that resembled what I did in my 30's, I was riding over my head on roads I had never seen and had 2 moments/ saves. It wasn't enjoyable. Since then I've had 3 similar rides and I loved them! I did 5 track days in'16, 30+ in'17 and my itch still isn't being scratched. I'm close to breaking the promise I made to myself when I bought the HP4. And that was to never race again. Purchased my AFM license and have to go through "new racer school" which make me laugh. I have no illusions of winning a championship or even placing. I've just never felt more alive or had more purpose than when the flag dropped. I need to feel that at least one more time. And by my old friends standards and my current friends standards, that makes me crazy. I've admitted to that since I was 17. Not all of us grow up.
BruceV likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 02:19 AM
A B

Garage
good to see those riders practicing ATGATT...oh wait, they're just squids...

1990 Carrera 4 | 2016 S1000RR | 2010 S1000RR (gone)
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 AM
BTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
My version of a high speed pull on a stock R1 giving it without lube to euro bikes (my first time at COTA)
Passing at 176mph.

Thereís a guy who passes you on the right that looks like heís going for a Sunday ride. Iím about to buy an R1 should I be worried?
A B and Xtremsiege2 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode