BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Is AIM Solo 2 DL compatible with the S1000RR 2020 ?

11K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  bmwbadboy 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase a AIM Solo 2 DL. However, I dont clear answers on whether it will be compatible with the new S1000RR 2020.

There are some of the links I have:

https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/products/solo2-solo2dl/index.htm
https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/pr...-kits/bmw/kit-solo2-solo2dl-bmw-s-1000-rr.htm
https://www.aimshop.com/products/bmw-s1000rr-s1000rr-hp4-br-solo-2-dl-plug-play-kit

This is what I got on further digging with AIM's support:

Right please see below email from the tech guys regarding your bike it will all work just not sure if we will get all the channels for from the ecu . I will supply you with both the Can connection and the OBD11

What you could try with this is to use the same BMW S1000RR 2015 protocol connecting into the CAN wires of the bike which you can pick from the OBDII (6 and 14) or from different locations like under the dashboard referring to the following documentation for its wires color code https://www.aim-sportline.com/download/ecu/stock/bmw/BMWS1000RR_105_eng.pdf

The use of a standard OBDII protocol is also an alternative.

#12 ·
#13 ·
Thanks. I will check it out.

I think in the next month or two I will focus first on trying to figure out the Bluetooth interface. The last BMW Connected app update gives me considerable evidence that there is a lot of performance information exposed via BT, maybe enough without needing to get into OBD2 or even CAN Bus natively.

I am currently writing some detailed feedback/suggestions for BMW product management on the electronics, the TFT/console, the Bluetooth interface, the phone app and even some basic hardware (e.g., my track-prep experience and how they can make it way easier with a few small changes).

I will include a section on exposing interfaces, especially for performance data and off-bike configuration, for both enthusiasts and product vendors. It's a way of stimulating excitement and a differentiator for their product line. The main obstacle is the ever-present fear of legal liability regardless of source.

#21 ·
If anyone is looking for a complete AIM Solo kit ;-)

#26 ·
So I bumped into the issue with DamperFmm channel that reads data off a 2D sensor.
After installing 175mm 2D sensor the readings that I get max out at about 32mm which seems to be very odd.

I expect the reading to go up to 130mm as it did on Gen3 version. ECU stream that I have selected in configuration settings is BMW S1000RR 2015 (ver 02.00.02).

I'm in touch with AIM UK to try to resolve this now.

#29 · (Edited)
That CAN BUS data plug in the tail is not 12V all time. it is switched, to activate the HP DataLogger on and off anyway. Maybe the SOLO device picks up power all time and it does not detect switch on/off.

There is a 2nd plug in the tail that does have 12V all time, but it does not plug into the Solo.

Please note that once you remove the cap off that data plug, that is the terminator for the CAN BUS. If you remove the Solo or even the HP Datalogger, that cap must go back on. The ECU will do some strange things like not start, no cluster, to name a couple. Dont lose the cap.

#30 ·
That CAN BUS data plug in the tail is not 12V all time. it is switched. There is a 2nd plug in the tail that does have 12V all time, but it does not plug into the Solo.

Please note that once you remove the cap off that data plug, that is the terminator for the CAN BUS. If you remove the Solo or even the HP Datalogger, that cap must go back on. The ECU will do some strange things like not start, no cluster, to name a couple. Dont lose the cap.
I noticed that the front plug is not 12v all the time because my GPS was turning on and off. Annoying that you need to run a harness from the back all the way to the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.