2020 ///M & Stage 1 Brentuning - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

2020 ///M & Stage 1 Brentuning

Brentuning just posted the 2020 ///M & Stage one flash black Friday special! Also anyone here know what battery tender I should use over winter 🤣🤷‍♂️?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
Brentuning just posted the 2020 ///M & Stage one flash black Friday special! Also anyone here know what battery tender I should use over winter 🤣🤷‍♂️?
Optimate Lithium Battery Tender if you have the lithium battery. Around $50-60 on amazon
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewithrealtornados View Post
Quote:
Optimate Lithium Battery Tender if you have the lithium battery. Around $50-60 on amazon
Ok great! Thankyou, I have the k67 so I want to insure I'm using the right tender.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Ok anyone with stage 1 able to help me out here, or have answers? I've emailed Chris, it's Saturday so won't get a reply until Monday I'm sure.

So I have a buddy with 2020 K67 and he ordered the stage 1 tune/flash with hand held and Sprint racing Air Filter F-185 . It was dyno in STOCK FORM(OEM exhaust system,filter). The bike stayed on same dyno(still strapped in), full Akrapovic titanium system was installed with air filer. Brentuning stage 1 was installed along with MR12 tune. Has the very same numbers only thing that changed was the fuel mixture. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it even and issue? Maybe I've done something wrong(I followed the directions step for step)? Maybe he sent the wrong file( instead of stage 1, it was the ///M flash)? I was understanding a full system with stage one would give SOMETHING in numbers. It did get the "flat spot" fixed, but over all HP didn't see gains. We ran my buddies bike in 4-6 gear and the graphic is the same as stock(except like I said, flat spot is gone and fuel mixture is a little better)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Ok anyone with stage 1 able to help me out here, or have answers? I've emailed Chris, it's Saturday so won't get a reply until Monday I'm sure.

So I have a buddy with 2020 K67 and he ordered the stage 1 tune/flash with hand held and Sprint racing Air Filter F-185 . It was dyno in STOCK FORM(OEM exhaust system,filter). The bike stayed on same dyno(still strapped in), full Akrapovic titanium system was installed with air filer. Brentuning stage 1 was installed along with MR12 tune. Has the very same numbers only thing that changed was the fuel mixture. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it even and issue? Maybe I've done something wrong(I followed the directions step for step)? Maybe he sent the wrong file( instead of stage 1, it was the ///M flash)? I was understanding a full system with stage one would give SOMETHING in numbers. It did get the "flat spot" fixed, but over all HP didn't see gains. We ran my buddies bike in 4-6 gear and the graphic is the same as stock(except like I said, flat spot is gone and fuel mixture is a little better)

I got a phone call from a dyno operator very well known in Washington just 5 days ago. He asked me why a Brentune handheld would create a very lean 7000 RPM result and have a lost of power. Then his next question was what does he need to send me for XWORKS tune to resolve the issue. Anyone can call his shop and get the opinion of the BT handheld tune from him. Maybe they were sent the wrong file too.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

@BMW_388 Not sure what the issue is, very odd if you ask me. I'm going to give Chris some time to reply back to me and see if there was a mishap somewhere along the way. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact an Air filter upgrade, tune, and full system did NOTHING as far as numbers. There has to be an issue, because I don't think everyone would just accept no power gains. I could be wrong, I'm not bashing anything or anyone. That's not my intention, it's only "stage 1" and I get that. So we'll see what the reply is I'll keep everyone updated as I get the info.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 04:24 PM

Should of checked the 2nd and 3rd gear as thats where the major loss of power is.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenbravo View Post
Should of checked the 2nd and 3rd gear as thats where the major loss of power is.
No traction when you dyno that low(we tried, jumps all around). Also, we seen that the "flat spot" is gone and better A/F ratio.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
@BMW_388 Not sure what the issue is, very odd if you ask me. I'm going to give Chris some time to reply back to me and see if there was a mishap somewhere along the way. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact an Air filter upgrade, tune, and full system did NOTHING as far as numbers. There has to be an issue, because I don't think everyone would just accept no power gains. I could be wrong, I'm not bashing anything or anyone. That's not my intention, it's only "stage 1" and I get that. So we'll see what the reply is I'll keep everyone updated as I get the info.
Something is def wrong. You said your bike produced the same numbers stock and with stage 1 on mr12? There is a huge difference from stock 93 and stage 1 mr12. I would know cause im on stage 1 mr12. Either you didnt load the flash right or he send you the wrong file. Either way, im sure Bren will take care of it.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
Quote:
Something is def wrong. You said your bike produced the same numbers stock and with stage 1 on mr12? There is a huge difference from stock 93 and stage 1 mr12. I would know cause im on stage 1 mr12. Either you didnt load the flash right or he send you the wrong file. Either way, im sure Bren will take care of it.
So your partly right. I loaded the stage 1, and the MR 12 maps into handheld. Then I loaded them onto motorcycle. Tank has 93pump gas in it, and I ran it on dyno with the maps loaded, it even said something like "loaded successfully". I haven't checked to see what it will do with MR12. The numbers are the exact same as far as HP overall. I do see a difference in the "flat spot"( no longer there) and the A/F ratio. Maybe I've done something wrong, I followed each step, step for step doesn't mean I didn't make a mistake.

With the tune you have more overall HP on pump 93?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in