[2020 K67] Race Build Complete! - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

[2020 K67] Race Build Complete!

I just wanted to share my build for racing a full season in WERA and some CCS next year.

It had been a moderately expensive journey so far and I have learned a LOT along the way.

If anyone has any questions about any of the products listed below I’d be ore than happy to offer some advice or input.

I’m going to add a couple lines of review to each item below.

Almost everything here was purchased from Motomillion. SoFloSBK and STG for the honorable mention as well on a couple things.

Quote:
AIM SOLO 2 Lap Timer
AIM SOLO Mounting Bracket
This laptimer is amazing. The screen is easy to read and the predictive lights work well to let you know how your lap is going. The battery life blows. You must hardwire this. Just make sure to hardwire in a switch as well so you don’t accidentally kill your battery

Quote:
Akra Full Stainless Exhaust
Sound is amazing. Spits fireballs. Install tip, don’t remove the radiator but undo all of the mounting hardware and the upper plastic shield and pull it forward and up to make your life easier. Get a buddy to help you pull the spring down with some speaker wire and use a hook kit or a screwdriver to push the springs into place while your buddy pulls down. Also when removing the stock exhaust don’t forget to remove the stock exhaust bushings and bracket from behind the oil pan.

Quote:
Alpha Racing Brake Lever Guard
This brake lever guard kit is outstanding. Comes with a bar end for each side and the finish is great

Quote:
Alpha Racing Clip Ons
The quality of these clip ons is superb. But I have a couple complaints. First is that they have custom bars that are drilled in a way that you can only use their bars. Which are about $50 to replace. Not the end of the world but meh. The second gripe is that the angle of the bars when mounted isn’t as wide as the OEM configuration and because of the bar angle you can’t get them there without a steering stopper kit as your levers will smash into your upper fairing.

Quote:
Alpha Racing Headlight Stickers
Good quality vinyl. It is a render and not an actual photo so it looks great I think

Quote:
Alpha Racing Magnetic Draing Plug
I’m just glad someone made one of these

Quote:
Alpha Racing Rearsets
These are really fancy and great rearsets but it would have been nice if they could have taken a couple hours to make a damn installation guide. Also you can’t use these if you have the stock exhaust as there is no hanger support on the rearset for the pipe.

Quote:
Brembo 19 RCS Brake Master Cylinder
Brembo Brake Master Reservoir Mounting Kit
If you’ve never run a Brembo master on your bike before you need to

Quote:
BrenTuning HandHeld
Incredible customer service and an outstanding product. The power is amazing and the handheld unit is great and easy to use

Quote:
CRC Race Fairings
Fit and finish are great. Not a single issue at all. Very light and carbon fiber reinforced in the critical areas. For the money the value is incredible. Also the customer service is great but you have to keep in mind they are 5 hours ahead if you need help.

Quote:
GB Racing Covers
Another quality product from GB

Quote:
Jetprime Keyswitch Elimination Kit
Works as promised. TBD on how I feel about it. I’ve never run a key eliminator before and I’m just not sold on it

Quote:
MyLaps X2 Transponder
Great device and software. Sucks that they pretty much have a monopoly on this device and require a yearly subscription but it’s not too expensive so whatever. Also they are local to me in Georgia so that’s good.

Quote:
R&G Racing Rad/Oil Cooler Guards
These were meh. I had to bend some of the mounting tabs and ream out some of the holes as fitment sucked. But they look good once installed.

Quote:
Sprint F1 Air Filter
Of you don’t know what you’re doing this install sucks. Once you’ve done the ECU removal a few times this becomes muscle memory and I think I can get it swapped out in under 5 minutes. Filter seems good. Hopefully it holds up in the rain

Quote:
TWM Carbon Fiber Gas Cap
Probably one of my favorite additions to the bike. Simple and clean. Functions as it should. Couldn’t recommend this enough.

Quote:
TWM GP Style Remote Brake Adjuster
Fitment is great. Works as it should.

Quote:
Vortex Rear Spools
A little on the small side. I’ll probably swap these out for something else down the road

Quote:
Proti Drilled Titanium Caliper Bolts
I got these in the blue color. Half the cost on these is in the packaging. Comes with lube so you don’t get any seizing which is nice. A little expensive but whatever. Nice bling

Quote:
STG Tire Warmers
These are great for single temp tire warmers but they need a neoprene cover on the side to help keep wheel temp up. I find the carbon fiber wheel doesn’t hold the heat as good as the forged wheels or even aluminum cast wheels

Quote:
Pitbull Hybrid Front Stand
Pitbull Spooled Rear Stand
Pitbull Tire Wedge
Pitbull Caliper Holders
Pitbull Front Stand Head Pin
Hopefully you have experienced Pitbull stands and know that you shouldn’t be using any other stand by now. Also if you have the hybrid front stand. Do yourself a favor and buy the brake caliper holders. They are cheap and it will prevent stress on your brake lines and keep your calipers from dinging up your wheels

Quote:
Drippin Wet Decals
As always Chris did my decals. They are amazing and he is the only person I would ever get these from.

Here are some pictures. Thanks for reading!

A B, M-Coupe99, BMWFen and 9 others like this.

Last edited by bennymx; 11-13-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 AM

Beautiful!!!!!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:11 AM
cjc

This is spectacular - answers a lot of questions I had. Thanks very much for taking the time to share!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:29 AM

Looks amazing!

Did you paint CRC fairings yourself?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:09 AM

Sweeeet...keep the sunny side up!

What are your impressions from riding it?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
Beautiful!!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
This is spectacular - answers a lot of questions I had. Thanks very much for taking the time to share!
You are very welcome, if you have any specific questions or need more pictures of anything let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
Looks amazing!

Did you paint CRC fairings yourself?
No I have a local paint guy here in Atlanta. He did a quick job of them with same day turnaround for a great price. It isn't showroom quality but for a race bike it's perfect for the price point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
Sweeeet...keep the sunny side up!

What are your impressions from riding it?
Thanks! Well with some MR12 this thing is bonkers fast. I'm 5'9 with my boots on so the clip ons and the rearsets and the CRC laser cut seat is a much better fit for me. The electronics are incredible however I turn most everything off. The suspension now that i have it dialed in are great. I will be changing out the rear spring most likely for my lower weight.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 PM
cjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewithrealtornados View Post
The suspension now that i have it dialed in are great. I will be changing out the rear spring most likely for my lower weight.
Do you mind sharing what you did to the suspension - anything more than preload and damping adjustments?

Do you like the DDC on track?

I imagine (but don't know) that the stock springs front and back and the shock linkage are progressive. Would be interested to hear if you think any of that needs to be changed to linear for track use. Thanks again.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:01 PM
z00

Looks great!

Any details on suspension and brakes? Kept OEM or replaced with what?

Also, for full exhaust, did you remove all servo cables/plugs?

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 PM

thanks for the very informative and well laid out post... enjoy it, looks great!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Wow, thankyou for taking the time to share your thoughts. Was amazing reading it. Man the bike looks amazing, I love it. Good luck on the track and be safe! Will continue to follow this for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode