I FINALLY got to ride the 2020 on the track....IMPRESSIVE - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

I FINALLY got to ride the 2020 on the track....IMPRESSIVE

I was at Barber this weekend coaching for an event. A friend of a friend has a 2020 with all the bells/whistles that had been tuned (by who not sure yet) and full Akro)...when I said, "How many testicles do I have to sell for a few laps?" He told me to go ride it.

Now remember, I have a 2016 that has the XWorks tune, full exhaust running about 110 octane fuel. It's not a shabby bike at all, and I thought it was pretty fast - BUT

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!

That bike takes off like a gutshot cat, and just keeps pulling harder and harder. I had the front tire off the ground all the way thru third gear and into fourth on corner exits. And the front is SOOOOOO much lighter and SOOOO easier to tip in. And flickablity? Wow. It would walk my bike down the straight in shame!

The ergonomics are better too - and they finally got the seat flat! When I climbed on it, i was instantly comfortable. The transition between the two was immediate. I also feel like there is more distance between the seat and the footpeg...

I didn't ride it REALLY hard (because it's not mine) but I got about two decent laps out of it.

When I came in, I parked it beside my bike which was still out on hot pit, calmly climbed off the bike, took my helmet off, spit on my finger, and wrote "FOR SALE" on my windscreen...

Man I am in LOVE with that bike! I set a personal best this weekend (the new surface ROCKS), but I'll bet that I've got 2-3 more seconds off if I were on that 2020....Never buy a bike in the first year, but the second one hummm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 07:56 PM

Yep, minus all the little stupid crap they’ll fix, it’s a rocket sled..
BMW_388 likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:10 PM

Garage
Once you psychologically get over the necessity for a tune and just do it, it's an amazing bike and better in almost every respect than the previous generations.
PaniDropper likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
I was at Barber this weekend coaching for an event. A friend of a friend has a 2020 with all the bells/whistles that had been tuned (by who not sure yet) and full Akro)...when I said, "How many testicles do I have to sell for a few laps?" He told me to go ride it.

Now remember, I have a 2016 that has the XWorks tune, full exhaust running about 110 octane fuel. It's not a shabby bike at all, and I thought it was pretty fast - BUT

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!

That bike takes off like a gutshot cat, and just keeps pulling harder and harder. I had the front tire off the ground all the way thru third gear and into fourth on corner exits. And the front is SOOOOOO much lighter and SOOOO easier to tip in. And flickablity? Wow. It would walk my bike down the straight in shame!

The ergonomics are better too - and they finally got the seat flat! When I climbed on it, i was instantly comfortable. The transition between the two was immediate. I also feel like there is more distance between the seat and the footpeg...

I didn't ride it REALLY hard (because it's not mine) but I got about two decent laps out of it.

When I came in, I parked it beside my bike which was still out on hot pit, calmly climbed off the bike, took my helmet off, spit on my finger, and wrote "FOR SALE" on my windscreen...

Man I am in LOVE with that bike! I set a personal best this weekend (the new surface ROCKS), but I'll bet that I've got 2-3 more seconds off if I were on that 2020....Never buy a bike in the first year, but the second one hummm... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I was there! Whose bike are you on?! What group do you ride in?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:09 AM

Agree with everything you've said..

///Xtremsiege2
2016 B&RR s1000rr Premium
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madewithrealtornados View Post
I was there! Whose bike are you on?! What group do you ride in?
I was riding for myself Sat/Sun in A, and was lead Novice instructor on Monday when I got to ride it...bad part was a very slow student needed a tow right as I went out to catch her group, and I had to lead her about 4 laps before she caught up with her group...then I got to go ride it. The tires had cooled off so I had to be cautious in the corners....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:28 AM

Location: My new house (La Villa Strangiato!) in Rio Rancho NM, USA
So, the REAL question is...how many testicles DID it cost you? LOL

Making America Great Again, one melted snowflake at a time......

"Madness": 2015 Motorrad S1000RR with the DDC and "Forgies".
'01 Suzuki Gixxer 1k Blu/Wht (Sold - 79k miles).
'91 Kawasaki KX500 (Still got it).
'86 Suzuki Gixxer 1100 Blu/Wht (Sold - 68k miles).
'83 Suzuki GS1100ES Red/Blk (Sold - 60k miles).
'82 Yamaha 650 Maxim (Sold - 50k miles).

"Hangin's too good for 'im.....BURNIN'S too good for 'im.......he should be torn into little-bitsy pieces and BURIED ALIVE!"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivr View Post

I got the chance to ride the pre-production European bikes again, this time at Aragon, with RSE last week. I still liked everything about them, except the brake shudder at the end of the long back straight. Did you notice this on the production US bike that you rode? Thanks.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
I got the chance to ride the pre-production European bikes again, this time at Aragon, with RSE last week. I still liked everything about them, except the brake shudder at the end of the long back straight. Did you notice this on the production US bike that you rode? Thanks.
No. I didn't get to hammer it very hard, and at Barber there is no long straights...If it did, I'd swap it for Brembos in a heartbeat...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
So, the REAL question is...how many testicles DID it cost you? LOL
Not that I need them anymore, but none
CYCLE_MONKEY likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode