Bad BMW Factory Tune just lost the S1k Sportbike of the Year - Page 9 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
I agree. The sudden increase in power from 8000 to 9000 RPMs when hard on the throttle is really disconcerting the first time it hits you. It is almost like turbo lag and then the turbo spools up. If you are not ready for it, that could be dangerous. The solution is simple BMW. Offer an off-road use only tune that preserves the warranty.

Never rode a 2 stroke in the sand dunes before? Your description 8-9k sounds just like it and if your not ready yea it can be quite the wake up call. I do agree that bmw should come up with a “off-road” tune like you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Did this R1 lap you by any chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9OS8xL-KAg
Haha, your braking marker there separates the men from the boys, and probably so, yes on the passing. It was bad. If I didn't know what a flashed 2020 could do, I would have just bought another 15-19 S1000RR or an R1. Are you going to be at the November one?
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 06:52 PM
z00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFen View Post
Haha, your braking marker there separates the men from the boys, and probably so, yes on the passing. It was bad. If I didn't know what a flashed 2020 could do, I would have just bought another 15-19 S1000RR or an R1. Are you going to be at the November one?
Not sure yet. I'm going Oct 5/6 to Vegas speedway. Nov three day event at Barber with STT.

Do you know if COTA offer rentals now? It was a pain to get my R1 to COTA.

How are you liking 2020 RR for track/street?
BMWFen likes this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube

post #84 of 84 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes1021 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
I agree. The sudden increase in power from 8000 to 9000 RPMs when hard on the throttle is really disconcerting the first time it hits you. It is almost like turbo lag and then the turbo spools up. If you are not ready for it, that could be dangerous. The solution is simple BMW. Offer an off-road use only tune that preserves the warranty.

Never rode a 2 stroke in the sand dunes before? Your description 8-9k sounds just like it and if your not ready yea it can be quite the wake up call. I do agree that bmw should come up with a “off-road” tune like you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, I was a two-stroke guy in the woods. Much different than the Sand dunes. The sudden increase really does mess you up, as the bike is accelerating at a certain rate and then all the sudden it just takes off much quicker than It was. It’s a massive difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode