2017 RR forks - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bennymx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

2017 RR forks

Hello i am new RR rider and i bought damaged one . Left side fork is very strong and right side is very soft is it ok ? Or it have some damage and thats the reason ? When i removed both one i checkd with hands and right side is moving very soft and left is hard to push
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Did you remove these forks from a model that had the DDC (electronic suspension) option fitted? If the forks are from a DDC model, there should be a small cable coming out from the top of the left stanchion.

When the bike is shutdown, the suspension valves are closed off, making the left fork leg stiff in operation.

Some pictures might help to clarify things.

2018 BMW S1000RR - Black Storm Metalic

Just remember...

It doesn't matter if it's torqued to spec or cross threaded. Tight is tight!!

Last edited by AussieAlien; 09-10-2019 at 10:26 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Yes its DTC RR. Unfortunarly i bought bike with front damage and i dont know i removed both forks from triple and try to push on it . But right side wich does not have cable at the botoom was very soft . And left side was very stiff and is it normal or my forks are damage ? I mean 1 fork is very different from another in soft and stiffest

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Garage
I cannot comment on the RR, but my S1000XR with Dynamic-ESA is like you mentioned. Right fork(passive) feels much softer then the left(active) fork.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for information i think somthing same happens to me but i need somone RR owner to tell me that its same on RR becouse i am a bit scary lower tripple tree is bent and upper also . So i am scary about forks . I dont know they must be like this 1 soft another stiff or my fork is stacked
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:15 AM

Yes, that's the way the RR forks behave. Not to say that yours are straight, but the damping is mainly in the left fork.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:24 AM

The two fork struts of the DDC upside-down forks have an identical structure and differ only in terms of what happens inside the fixed tube and immersion tube. The setting mechanism for the spring basis (spring preload), which is variable by 15 mm (RR 20 mm) is located in the right fork leg. The valve responsible for the dynamic build-up of damping force is accommodated, along with its electrical connections, in the damper cartridge of the left fork leg. The compensation area in the lower part of the left fork leg is highly pressurised with gas and receives the oil volume displaced by the damper piston rod in the closed cartridge.
skapan likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for information and how is it possible to check forks for straight ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode