BrenTuned - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

BrenTuned

Just got my files from Brentuning. Email states I need to load file 000 onto the handheld and bike before loading the 001 file. Going to get them loaded tonight. I'll post here with my thoughts after loading the tunes and riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:14 PM

Show off! Waiting to hear!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:03 PM
sro

Do you plan on putting it on a dyno before and after?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:30 PM

Garage
I don't know if this is the right place for handheld support, but I am a bit confused and stuck in the process of getting the current ECU state from my 2020RR. I obviously don't want to screw anything up and brick my ECU, so here is what has been done thus far:

Downloaded/Installed MyGeniusClient software, updated it, ran it, connected the handheld via USB, updated all firmware.

Took handheld to the bike, connected it to the OBD2 port (after snipping zip-tie),
1. Turned on ignition/dashboard
2. Pressed Work and Select on handheld
3. See BMW Motorrad displayed and press Select on it
4. Selected S Series and pressed Select
5. See long list of S series models (R, RR, XR) with 4-5 RR in it. I pick the last RR, which appears to be the latest (it says 204HP and others are less) and press Select.
6. Select OK on all prompts to attach stabilizing power to battery Ė I have a new battery and donít want to my seat unscrewed, battery charger out and hooked up.
7. Turn on dashboard and Select OK.
8. Switch off dashboard
9. Continue Select
10. Switch on dashboard and Select OK
11. Switch off dashboard to continue. Select OK
12. Shows Protocol Identify. Select OK
13. (Now unclear whether anything has been done)
14. Start MyGeniusClient and USB hook it to handheld. Try to press Download, but it says the device is not in a state that allows the operation

The instructions are incomplete and there isn't a good video that shows the entire process. The one I found already had a previous flash installed and was installing over it with a file already in the handheld. I am obviously not there yet.

Help! I'm being cautious instead of experimental for obvious reasons.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM
sro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
I don't know if this is the right place for handheld support, but I am a bit confused and stuck in the process of getting the current ECU state from my 2020RR. I obviously don't want to screw anything up and brick my ECU, so here is what has been done thus far:

Downloaded/Installed MyGeniusClient software, updated it, ran it, connected the handheld via USB, updated all firmware.

Took handheld to the bike, connected it to the OBD2 port (after snipping zip-tie),
5. See long list of S series models (R, RR, XR) with 4-5 RR in it. I pick the last RR, which appears to be the latest (it says 204HP and others are less) and press Select.
6. Select OK on all prompts to attach stabilizing power to battery Ė I have a new battery and donít want to my seat unscrewed, battery charger out and hooked up.
8. Switch off dashboard
9. Continue Select
14. Start MyGeniusClient and USB hook it to handheld. Try to press Download, but it says the device is not in a state that allows the operation

The instructions are incomplete and there isn't a good video that shows the entire process. The one I found already had a previous flash installed and was installing over it with a file already in the handheld. I am obviously not there yet.

If this is a Bren tune, you should contact them directly to get support.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:51 PM

I pmed u. I can help.
FatWilbur likes this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:24 PM
sro

I appreciate the offer, but I donít need any help. I have a 2014 HP4 that runs just fine. I donít need to flash my bike.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post

6. Select OK on all prompts to attach stabilizing power to battery – I have a new battery and don’t want to my seat unscrewed, battery charger out and hooked up.
8. Switch off dashboard
9. Continue Select

PM me if you still need help!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:50 AM

If that'a Bren device, you should be calling/emailing them directly. I don't think they check this forum as often as they check email. And second hand advice may not be the smartest way to go forward.
sro, SimonUK, BMW_388 and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapan View Post
If that'a Bren device, you should be calling/emailing them directly. I don't think they check this forum as often as they check email. And second hand advice may not be the smartest way to go forward.
Handheld tuner not second hand lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode