I don't know if this is the right place for handheld support, but I am a bit confused and stuck in the process of getting the current ECU state from my 2020RR. I obviously don't want to screw anything up and brick my ECU, so here is what has been done thus far:
Downloaded/Installed MyGeniusClient software, updated it, ran it, connected the handheld via USB, updated all firmware.
Took handheld to the bike, connected it to the OBD2 port (after snipping zip-tie),
1. Turned on ignition/dashboard
2. Pressed Work and Select on handheld
3. See BMW Motorrad displayed and press Select on it
4. Selected S Series and pressed Select
5. See long list of S series models (R, RR, XR) with 4-5 RR in it. I pick the last RR, which appears to be the latest (it says 204HP and others are less) and press Select.
6. Select OK on all prompts to attach stabilizing power to battery – I have a new battery and don’t want to my seat unscrewed, battery charger out and hooked up.
7. Turn on dashboard and Select OK.
8. Switch off dashboard
9. Continue Select
10. Switch on dashboard and Select OK
11. Switch off dashboard to continue. Select OK
12. Shows Protocol Identify. Select OK
13. (Now unclear whether anything has been done)
14. Start MyGeniusClient and USB hook it to handheld. Try to press Download, but it says the device is not in a state that allows the operation
The instructions are incomplete and there isn't a good video that shows the entire process. The one I found already had a previous flash installed and was installing over it with a file already in the handheld. I am obviously not there yet.
Help! I'm being cautious instead of experimental for obvious reasons.