2020 M Recent Delivery? (2nd Wave?) - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

2020 M Recent Delivery? (2nd Wave?)

I'm in Central Texas and I've had a 2020 M on order since the beginning of June. I'm 'first' in line and have been since the beginning of June. I don't have a production number or 7 of the VIN yet. When contacted, the dealer has no new information for me. There was the rumor about supplier issues and factory shutdown on this forum, but I haven't seen anything official, or about them restarting or still down etc.

What are any of you hearing? Have you received your M bike post June/July/August (2nd wave essentially)? Do you have a production number assigned?

It's 100 degree days in Texas right now, so not missing out on much, but the silence is irking me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFen View Post
I'm in Central Texas and I've had a 2020 M on order since the beginning of June. I'm 'first' in line and have been since the beginning of June. I don't have a production number or 7 of the VIN yet. When contacted, the dealer has no new information for me. There was the rumor about supplier issues and factory shutdown on this forum, but I haven't seen anything official, or about them restarting or still down etc.

What are any of you hearing? Have you received your M bike post June/July/August (2nd wave essentially)? Do you have a production number assigned?

It's 100 degree days in Texas right now, so not missing out on much, but the silence is irking me.

Thanks!
I had a deposit down and wasn't supposed to receive mine until December. Dealer called me at the beginning of August to come pick her upů

techno_violet likes this.

#USMC
#2007 R6
#2016 Ducati 959
#2020 BMW S1000RR M-Sport
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Vendor

Garage
We've had two customers receive theirs in the past 2 weeks.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Well that's good to hear. Maybe the next wave is beginning after all.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 11:51 AM

I was told 2nd wave was late September or October. I believe the bikes being delivered now have May build dates. I'd be happy if I was wrong though.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:01 PM
cjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
I was told 2nd wave was late September or October. I believe the bikes being delivered now have May build dates. I'd be happy if I was wrong though.
My dealer also estimates fall arrival, but I think he does not know for sure.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:57 PM

Garage
Mine was going to be due late Aug to early Sept following the resumption of production, but one came in a couple of weeks ago for me. Mine had a build date in May, so apparently they had stock they needed to examine for the fault that caused the production halt and then released the ones that passed inspection.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
Mine was going to be due late Aug to early Sept following the resumption of production, but one came in a couple of weeks ago for me. Mine had a build date in May, so apparently they had stock they needed to examine for the fault that caused the production halt and then released the ones that passed inspection.
That makes a lot of sense about the May build dates being delivered, thank you. Hopefully, we'll hear more guys saying they were issued production codes if the factory has in fact started back up.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 05:08 AM

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:21 AM

I heard production started again, some members from the German RR forum have got theirs just now with production dates on their bikes of mid-August. My dealer told me it is open again and I should see mine coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode