2020 M Recent Delivery? (2nd Wave?) - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post
Well the usual protection :
DONE engine cases,
DONE race stand spools,
DONE tft protector
frame slider,

Ride-ability :
New levers
New Rearsets
DONE Tankpads from Stompgrip

Sound:
probably will go with tune and the open valves hopefully sound good enough for me with this sexy SC project shorty on it.

And then there will be some vanity bits like carbon fibre passenger seat cover, race track cover set ..
I think that's really all I need to make it my track and canyon weapon .. crash protection , ecu flash and some pieces to hold on to
Sounds like a great build. After riding a 2020 at CotA a couple weeks ago, the tune is at the top of list for me. Thought about an RCS19 instead of the levers?
paxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFen View Post
Sounds like a great build. After riding a 2020 at CotA a couple weeks ago, the tune is at the top of list for me. Thought about an RCS19 instead of the levers?
RCS19 is always an option. I'm extremely happy with the Hayes breaks + Nissin master. The feeling is great and trailbraking is super simple as it is. I'd not replace it until you are actually trying to fix an issue. I just got a 500$ BMW gift card so I'll probably just throw on the overpriced M levers but for 0$ it's a good deal

If I get a lot of fade on my local race tracks ( Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill) I'll consider Corbon fiber air ducts for better caliper cooling, but I won't do more than that to the brakes

2020 BMW S1000 RR
2015 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Lost)
2018 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Ducati S2R 1000
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:44 AM
cjc

Quote:
RCS19 is always an option. I'm extremely happy with the Hayes breaks + Nissin master. The feeling is great and trailbraking is super simple as it is. I'd not replace it until you are actually trying to fix an issue. I just got a 500$ BMW gift card so I'll probably just throw on the overpriced M levers but for 0$ it's a good deal

If I get a lot of fade on my local race tracks ( Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill) I'll consider Corbon fiber air ducts for better caliper cooling, but I won't do more than that to the brakes
Are you using the stock pads?

Still waiting for my bike but normally would upgrade braking components. Glad to hear I might be able to save the $ for tires!

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
Are you using the stock pads?

Still waiting for my bike but normally would upgrade braking components. Glad to hear I might be able to save the $ for tires!
Yes, but .. and this is a big but(t) I didn't have her on track yet. So no idea really if I need to change them. Was happy with the previous pads of the '15, but I'm also a light breaker. Would say the pads and master are probably dependent on the tracks you are on and the riding style you have.

2020 BMW S1000 RR
2015 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Lost)
2018 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Ducati S2R 1000
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:02 PM
cjc

Quote:
Yes, but .. and this is a big but(t) I didn't have her on track yet. So no idea really if I need to change them. Was happy with the previous pads of the '15, but I'm also a light breaker. Would say the pads and master are probably dependent on the tracks you are on and the riding style you have.
Thank you sir. My riding style is "chicken ****" so maybe I can live without upgrades!
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank you sir. My riding style is "chicken ****" so maybe I can live without upgrades!
I rode the 2020 on CotA at a pretty slow pace, it wasn't my bike. That said, there was not a strong initial bite but did feel a lot of power in the brakes. I liked my 15 w/ the RCS19 and Vesrah's better. That may be all personal preference and riding style though. So I do have an RCS19 and SBS Carbons sitting in the closet when it arrives. I think the biggest pain of that is bleeding the ABS system.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:09 AM
cjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFen View Post
I think the biggest pain of that is bleeding the ABS system.
I'm not looking forward to that. My bike has no ABS and even now I find bleeding frustrating.
BMWFen likes this.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
cjc

I just learned that mine is scheduled for production. Not sure what that means for delivery date. Hopefully in time to do break in and make whatever mods I think it needs before spring riding and track days.

Time to start collecting parts I already know I need!

I'm glad for that - otherwise I'd wind up with socks for Christmas.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I just learned that mine is scheduled for production. Not sure what that means for delivery date. Hopefully in time to do break in and make whatever mods I think it needs before spring riding and track days.

Time to start collecting parts I already know I need!

I'm glad for that - otherwise I'd wind up with socks for Christmas.

Ok then that means oil coolers are finally available in the plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Yeah I wonder what that means for people who have their bikes in the warehouse on hold? They are saying the recall is to start on the 27th does that mean sales will start up that day too?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in