Motonosity gives one-month review of his new 2020 RR - Page 4 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
The EJR Performance video was worse. Timed 60-130 pulls on the freeway.

good timed GPS data showing verified changes in performance..... whats bad about that?
techno_violet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
Why isn't he home with his wife and the new baby instead of riding 150+ mph on a public road?
A valid question. Everybody has their priorities, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
good timed GPS data showing verified changes in performance..... whats bad about that?
Do you want two motorcycles riding next to each other on a two lane road at over 160mph as oncoming traffic, or anywhere near you? Do you want cars trying to turn on to or off of that road, with motorists assuming that the motorcycles are doing about the speed limit, and the motorcycles traveling about 60 feet before they can even start to react?

There's some sort of spectrum for how acceptable dumbass behavior like that is, and probably one of the easiest ways to figure out where something falls is how much risk it puts to people who have nothing to do with the motorcyclists. The people in that video are on the completely unacceptable end of that spectrum, and it's embarrassing that a company would endorse that behavior as a way to promote their product.
Elk, smash adams, wfo439 and 5 others like this.
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 09:55 PM

I think the company gets most of their business from people like that in the video, its good marketing, when I watched it I was hooked!

2020 S1000RR M Sport on order
2019 Speed Triple 1050RS
2019 Ducati Desert Sled

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahula03 View Post
Do you want two motorcycles riding next to each other on a two lane road at over 160mph as oncoming traffic, or anywhere near you? Do you want cars trying to turn on to or off of that road, with motorists assuming that the motorcycles are doing about the speed limit, and the motorcycles traveling about 60 feet before they can even start to react?

There's some sort of spectrum for how acceptable dumbass behavior like that is, and probably one of the easiest ways to figure out where something falls is how much risk it puts to people who have nothing to do with the motorcyclists. The people in that video are on the completely unacceptable end of that spectrum, and it's embarrassing that a company would endorse that behavior as a way to promote their product.
Fully agree.

Retarded behavior by the business that charges triple $$$ for their work.
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:

yes i do, and that is the type of business i support, because thats how i ride.

if i cared about safety i wouldnt even have a motorcycle.

Quote:
yes, there is a PERSONAL spectrum for each persons own conscience and comfort level... there is NOT a universal spectrum, and your personal spectrum certainly does NOT represent everyone else, nor does an "average" spectrum equate to "right".... there is no right or wrong, only personal tolerance for risk and safety for yourself and others.

personally my spectrum leans towards "dgaf, go nuts".... and your spectrum clearly leans towards i need to be safe, i care about others".... neither is right or wrong, its simply what we each find acceptable for ourselves and others... thats actually one of the reasons i love living in thailand since i moved here, minimal road safety or enforcement, its like the wild west over here... also one of the highest road fatality rates in the world, which its statistically likely that i will eventually be part of someday.... but until that day, i ride ******* bonkers and love every second of it.... i just hope that when i crash or im hit that i die, and dont survive... dont wanna be a vegetable in a chair or something.... and if you think my attitude is due to not experiencing it myself, on the contrary ive been hit by other people (cars, trucks, etc) 11x and ive laid it down 2x... ive watched multiple people die on the street in front of me... im well acquainted with the potential consequences of my choices and ive accepted that as a risk of how i ride... i just dont have the same level of fear or concern that a person with your spectrum does, i dont let that fear stop me from enjoying the way i want to ride.

you may call my spectrum "dumbass behavior" and fair enough, it is very dangerous... by the same token, your spectrum is wussy and boring to me, and if i was forced to ride like you i probably wouldnt even bother... were each happy doing it our own way.. im not convincing anyone else to ride my way, in fact i warn people against it... by the same token, people like me are bored of hearing the whining from the safety nannies, it gets quite repetitive and i dont think it has ever once convinced anyone like me to change their style, just as i would not expect anyone like you to become like me.
post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:17 AM

I'm in the middle of the spectrum. Some days I go crazy, some days I'm a pussycat..some days I shi*....some days I don't.
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotaryphoneuser View Post
I'm in the middle of the spectrum. Some days I go crazy, some days I'm a pussycat..some days I shi*....some days I don't.
I like a laid back cruise every once in awhile. But most of the time go fairly hard.

Difference with the videos is I save all of mine for back country roads with limited traffic. City streets and freeway, I’ll go with the flow or a bit faster, but nothing “excessive.”

If I’m going 150, it is on a 2 lane straight, with no incoming roads, good road surface, and clear visibility for the entire stretch.

Of course, I live in the country suburbs. 2 miles from my house and I’m out on full blown country roads. So I don’t have to ride through miles of highly trafficked roads to get to the “good” roads.
bennymx likes this.

Last edited by PC1978; 08-23-2019 at 08:34 AM.
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:

yes, there is a PERSONAL spectrum for each persons own conscience and comfort level... there is NOT a universal spectrum, and your personal spectrum certainly does NOT represent everyone else, nor does an "average" spectrum equate to "right".... there is no right or wrong, only personal tolerance for risk and safety for yourself and others.

personally my spectrum leans towards "dgaf, go nuts".... and your spectrum clearly leans towards i need to be safe, i care about others".... neither is right or wrong, its simply what we each find acceptable for ourselves and others... thats actually one of the reasons i love living in thailand since i moved here, minimal road safety or enforcement, its like the wild west over here... also one of the highest road fatality rates in the world, which its statistically likely that i will eventually be part of someday.... but until that day, i ride ******* bonkers and love every second of it.... i just hope that when i crash or im hit that i die, and dont survive... dont wanna be a vegetable in a chair or something.... and if you think my attitude is due to not experiencing it myself, on the contrary ive been hit by other people (cars, trucks, etc) 11x and ive laid it down 2x... ive watched multiple people die on the street in front of me... im well acquainted with the potential consequences of my choices and ive accepted that as a risk of how i ride... i just dont have the same level of fear or concern that a person with your spectrum does, i dont let that fear stop me from enjoying the way i want to ride.

you may call my spectrum "dumbass behavior" and fair enough, it is very dangerous... by the same token, your spectrum is wussy and boring to me, and if i was forced to ride like you i probably wouldnt even bother... were each happy doing it our own way.. im not convincing anyone else to ride my way, in fact i warn people against it... by the same token, people like me are bored of hearing the whining from the safety nannies, it gets quite repetitive and i dont think it has ever once convinced anyone like me to change their style, just as i would not expect anyone like you to become like me.
Lol man, you forgot to say Thailand.

Number of you dying there on public roads doing what you said above is astonishing vs. developed countries.
dochp likes this.
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Run into a F'in brick wall if you want. I don't give a ****, however, if you put the lives of my family and friends in serious jeopardy so you can be billy bad ass, then you are a dumb ass. There is a time a place for almost everything. Do you want to go stupid fast for an entire day without worrying about hurting innocent bystanders? Funny, there is a place that will suit you. It is called the track. And if you think you are the king of the street, a trip to the track will be massively enlightening. Is it OK for an occasional burst of speed down an isolated road provided all is clear. Sure, I am cool with that. Are you a jackass if you are going 150 plus down a crowded highway weaving in and out of cars. You bet you are. Actually, you are jerk off. I ride backroads all of the time, however, I save any serious speed for when I can see clearly ahead of me. If you survive long enough perhaps you will be enlightened. I wish you luck. What I really hope is that you don't kill some innocent bystander while you were chasing your rush.
smash adams, dochp and bmwbadboy like this.
post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 AM

A rider who labels another rider "wussy" because that other rider rides within the limits of public safety on public roads is a rider who should NOT be allowed to own a motorcycle. Endangering the lives of innocent people in order to lay claim to some kind of speed-defined "superiority" is a serious defect.

Period.
smash adams, dochp and bmwbadboy like this.

Last edited by flyryder; 08-23-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode