Motonosity gives one-month review of his new 2020 RR - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 102Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 111
Garage
The actuaries look at claim rates for a category and adjust some based upon the brand/model's experience. They don't need to look at specific YouTube videos.

Riders get a superbike like the S1000RR for one reason: to go fast. They certainly don't buy it because it's comfortable, has good fuel range, is cheap, or is practical in other respects. It's fast. Period. To see one going fast in a YouTube conveys no new information to anyone, let alone an insurance actuary. If you never ride speeds approaching those of Motonosity (or countless other superbike Motovloggers) except on a track, you are a very rare breed. If you do, but just don't document it in video, you are not keeping an important secret. Trust me.

I keep it to within 70% on the street, except when I make a mistake and that's why I need the 30% buffer. I save my 90% for the track.

I self insure - get liability only. I have two bikes: a 2016 BMW K1300S and a 2020 S1000RR. The combined annual premium for the two is $159 - basically nothing.

Some of my favorite performance-oriented motovloggers are Life at Lean, Canyon Chasers and 44Teeth. I often learn something from these guys, or at least become amused.
techno_violet and stefanus like this.
Tom Bernhardt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Vendor
 
BRENTUNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Frank the slayer loser > https://slayertuning.com/


This MotorNosity does not want to race me. BT told him to stay away from a race with me from what I was told by a mutual friend that knows him and I.

You can tell by the roll on specially in 4th that ECU is still lagging. My XWORKS will put that one down in all roll on or dyno tests.
??????

Fake news 100% on that one. Moto can do anything he wants, I never even talked to him about you. He's clearly not a drag racer but more than welcome to run you whenever he wants. And in terms of 4th gear "lagging" I don't know what that means either considering EJR Performance just took our bike and decimated everything in the world out in Detroit this past week and your boy 650ib backed out of the race with his "Motomillion" flash. That was 2-6th gear hits gapping V4's and Stage 2 H2's. Tons of videos will be popping up on our IG/Youtube and EJR Performance IG/Youtube so follow along for the show.

Thanks

Chris


BrenTuning Flash and Dyno Tuning
BMSK+ BMW S1000RR ECU Remapping Specialists
Home to the fastest S1000RR's in the world
Tune and Flash tool information: http://www.brentuningmoto.com
Address: 138 Milford St. Upton, MA
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 508-762-1769

BRENTUNING is offline  
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
bmwbadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 293
I like the drama.

Why BWM_388 doesn't want to compare his xworks (or shall I say "motomillion" flash) with BT?? This is strange.

Last edited by bmwbadboy; 08-20-2019 at 01:34 PM.
bmwbadboy is offline  
 
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
V3rbatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENTUNING View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Frank the slayer loser > https://slayertuning.com/


This MotorNosity does not want to race me. BT told him to stay away from a race with me from what I was told by a mutual friend that knows him and I.

You can tell by the roll on specially in 4th that ECU is still lagging. My XWORKS will put that one down in all roll on or dyno tests.
??????

Fake news 100% on that one. Moto can do anything he wants, I never even talked to him about you. He's clearly not a drag racer but more than welcome to run you whenever he wants. And in terms of 4th gear "lagging" I don't know what that means either considering EJR Performance just took our bike and decimated everything in the world out in Detroit this past week and your boy 650ib backed out of the race with his "Motomillion" flash. That was 2-6th gear hits gapping V4's and Stage 2 H2's. Tons of videos will be popping up on our IG/Youtube and EJR Performance IG/Youtube so follow along for the show.

Thanks

Chris
I cant wait for the videos!! Ive been checking daily. I cant wait for my BT tune. Hurry with the handheld. Ive got about 13 people on the groupbuy already!
V3rbatim is offline  
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Vendor
 
BRENTUNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,009
You can see the terrible 4th gear throttle lag here vs a V4S



Also you can see the 4th gear changes in our flash from stock vs tuned in our dyno graph here:




Additionally, you can see the bike going above the claimed "186mph bren limiter" here:



Thanks

Chris


BrenTuning Flash and Dyno Tuning
BMSK+ BMW S1000RR ECU Remapping Specialists
Home to the fastest S1000RR's in the world
Tune and Flash tool information: http://www.brentuningmoto.com
Address: 138 Milford St. Upton, MA
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 508-762-1769

BRENTUNING is offline  
post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 111
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENTUNING View Post
You can see the terrible 4th gear throttle lag here vs a V4S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtr...rFnRh-MsjQT2dY


Also you can see the 4th gear changes in our flash from stock vs tuned in our dyno graph here:




Additionally, you can see the bike going above the claimed "186mph bren limiter" here:



Thanks

Chris
BTW, I find that the TFT speed reading on my 2020 RR is uncharacteristically spot on instead of the usual significantly higher/optimistic. I've looked at it next to the GPS speed from Nav apps and my Escort Live app on my X-Grip mounted phone and find it to be the same. I wonder if it is GPS sourced instead of based upon wheel speed.
Tom Bernhardt is online now  
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
 
bmwbadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 293
Does this mean BMW_388 flash is bad and BT is much better?
bmwbadboy is offline  
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:12 PM
Vendor
 
BRENTUNING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
BTW, I find that the TFT speed reading on my 2020 RR is uncharacteristically spot on instead of the usual significantly higher/optimistic. I've looked at it next to the GPS speed from Nav apps and my Escort Live app on my X-Grip mounted phone and find it to be the same. I wonder if it is GPS sourced instead of based upon wheel speed.
I find the BMW Speedo to be very close to GPS verified even at high speeds. Really really close.



BrenTuning Flash and Dyno Tuning
BMSK+ BMW S1000RR ECU Remapping Specialists
Home to the fastest S1000RR's in the world
Tune and Flash tool information: http://www.brentuningmoto.com
Address: 138 Milford St. Upton, MA
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 508-762-1769

BRENTUNING is offline  
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
flyryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,139
Why isn't he home with his wife and the new baby instead of riding 150+ mph on a public road?
wfo439 likes this.
flyryder is offline  
post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
Why isn't he home with his wife and the new baby instead of riding 150+ mph on a public road?
You tube clicks and ads are his only income stream? Video quality and sound were good even if I didn't like the content.

The EJR Performance video was worse. Timed 60-130 pulls on the freeway.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
wfo439 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome