Motonosity gives one-month review of his new 2020 RR - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:10 PM

Not specific date. It will be winter anyway so doesn't matter at that point. Dealer will store for the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Don't you mean wankers? Or is that one and the same down under? [IMG class=inlineimg]/images/S1000RRForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG]

Edit: Just wondering why anyone would give this new dad's thoughts about riding the bike on the street in a straight line any credibility? It wheelies in 2nd. "Jeez." It wheelies in 3rd. "Jeez." Give me a break. He reminds me of the guy @the_gooch posted about in Florida that gives the fake laptop/ cell phone tunes. Can't remember which. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
Frank the slayer loser > https://slayertuning.com/

This MotorNosity does not want to race me. BT told him to stay away from a race with me from what I was told by a mutual friend that knows him and I.

You can tell by the roll on specially in 4th that ECU is still lagging. My XWORKS will put that one down in all roll on or dyno tests.
I wonder how the xworks tune is compared to BT stage 1. You say the M+ is lagging.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRob View Post
Another Vlogger that causes my insurance to go up every year due to documenting their stupidity for all to see.
Man, I think you're giving Motonosity too much ****. He's an enthusiast with a new bike. You get a new RR to go fast. He shows the throttle lag. He gets it flashed. He shows that the lags are gone and it is much faster. He did a dyno too. All good and reasonable info.

If you want to see fast riding, check out MaxWrist's channel. Your insurance rates aren't going up because of them.
SaiyanMuscle likes this.

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRob View Post
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] Another Vlogger that causes my insurance to go up every year due to documenting their stupidity for all to see.
Man, I think you're giving Motonosity too much ****. He's an enthusiast with a new bike. You get a new RR to go fast. He shows the throttle lag. He gets it flashed. He shows that the lags are gone and it is much faster. He did a dyno too. All good and reasonable info.

If you want to see fast riding, check out MaxWrist's channel. Your insurance rates aren't going up because of them.
I agree. Damn forum cops at it again with the bs. What motonisity does is entertaining and shows us first hand the differences from stock tune to flashed ecu.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:55 AM

MaxWrist is a goon. His videos are way over edited POS. To be honest I don't think he's that great of a rider. Half of his vids are doing a wheelie past a super car. Like yeah cool man thats sick. Wish I could do that. The vids up the twisties aren't really that great to watch either. Each to their own. My 2c worth.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
MaxWrist is a goon. His videos are way over edited POS. To be honest I don't think he's that great of a rider. Half of his vids are doing a wheelie past a super car. Like yeah cool man thats sick. Wish I could do that. The vids up the twisties aren't really that great to watch either. Each to their own. My 2c worth.
My point was that Motonosity isn't like MaxWrist. Motonosity had no showing off nor sociopathic level of riding, which is all that MaxWrist does.

I think many here are way too hard on him where he makes some informative videos from an enthusiast perspective.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 01:44 PM

I do think the Motovloggers as a whole do more good than damage for the motorcycle community. Some provide more entertainment and hooliganism, while others focus on important topics of ownership.

Appears that motorcycle interest/ownership is down severely with the younger generations (millennials and Gen Z). Much of their content is geared toward and hopefully attracting new people to motorcycle riding.

I think some of the disconnect with a forum like this is that many of the members have more experience, higher income levels, and better skills than many of the motovloggers. So it is a much tougher crowd than the younger crowd just getting into or newer to motorcycles.

When I got back on a bike a while back, I watched a lot of motovloggers and really enjoyed it, not as much anymore but still do some. I learned a lot also from all of them, especially guys like Dodge Rider, MotoJitsu, MCrider and MC Garage. Gave me confidence in doing some of my own work, getting proper gear and continually developing/working on good technique/riding skills.
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 04:29 PM

Insurance premiums are determined with more sophistication than we think. A lot goes into what determines an insurer charges per model car/bike. I was informed by someone I know in the industry and its like a science!
Non of which involves watching YouTube clips...
Ravenbravo and techno_violet like this.

2020 S1000RR M Sport on order
2019 Speed Triple 1050RS
2019 Ducati Desert Sled
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:39 AM

Garage
What videos like this prove is that insurance research is correct and why bikes like ours are rated higher due to how they are ridden. Especially for the given age groups. It's not the speed alone that drives insurance costs, it's the attitude. I remember a sale of an RR falling through because of insurance cost for a young-ish buyer. No tickets, no crashes, college educated professional job and excellent credit score, almost $2,700 per year for full coverage. If a rider is willing to do 150+ on public roads, what other risks to themselves, and others (didn't he say he had a newborn), are they willing to take. How many fat cat insurance companies are sitting back and laughing at the bucks rolling in when they run across a video like the one posted here. And trust me, individual agents due see these things and don't think for a second that the link isn't forwarded to the entities within the industry who decide on and set rates for individual vehicles. I've seen videos like this show up at various traffic safety and insurance-esque seminars that I have attended.

We all know that modern sport bikes, especially high end ones like the RR, are some of the safest on the street. Better electronics, better braking, better handling which are all enhanced by less weight. If they are the safest, why are the most expensive to insure. Hmmm.....maybe because of how they are seen being operated and the crash statistics . The video is simply demonstrative of what insurance company research has shown. Not to mention what drives federal regulations to mandate performance characteristics based on how they KNOW the bike will be used on the street.

As far as this video goes, I'm sure the Vlogger is a nice guy and means well. However, nothing he said in his 850 mile review is new and previously stated hundreds of times elsewhere without documenting the insanity on video.

'15 S1000RR Motorsport Edition
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 08:32 AM

I have heard the the algorithms that determine rates are fairly complicated/in-depth. Based on many factors, including zip code. If you live in a sketchy area, your rates will be higher, as risk for theft/vandalism increases.

When I bought my current bike (KTM Super Duke GT). I was looking at a Super Duke R, Ducati Monster 1200S, and 2019 Honda CB1000R.

With my current carrier (Geico), right around $700 a year for the KTM and Ducati, but $1300!! for the Honda (which was my “practical” choice).
Progressive was around $700 for the Honda.
Who knows what the different companies reasoning were based on, but obvious differences.

41, clean driving record (thank you traffic attorneys).
I ride hard/aggressive at times on the street. But save it for back country curvy roads where there is limited traffic, I know the roads, and limited/no incoming roads to the road I am on.
I keep it in my lane in the corners, even when going hard, with some margin for error.
I also ride with a group that rides with the same philosophy. Ride hard, but with “relative” safety in mind, there is always some assumed increased risk when getting on a bike and even more when deciding to ride hard.
The group organizer/lead rider also has been riding the local roads for years and knows them very well.

They can have the freeway bandito and city street hooliganism stuff though, way too many risk factors as compared to two lane country roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode