2019/20 no ambient temp sensor - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:49 AM

@Capercat you won't get far. That sensor is not fitted to the K67 and never will be. It shows up in the parts look up but it is not fitted to the K67. It's for most other models in the range. Just deal with the fact that it doesn't have a ambient temp sensor or read out. Buy a damn thermometer and duct tape it to your visor so you can tell if your nuts are on fire or frozen.

I use a Garmin NAV 5 for my gps needs. I couldn't give a crap about the TFT Nav or the app. Like Elk said, I ride in the middle of no where and don't have phone reception so the data connection stuff is useless.

If you're focusing so much on your phone or where the speed cameras are then you are part of the problem. Plenty of more important things going on elsewhere that require attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I, too, would like the engine temperature (is it oil or coolant? I assume coolant) on the main screen. It is annoying on the earlier models when the Service message comes up over the temperature readout.

But I do not find this troubling as I know at what temperature the bike runs under various conditions and thus know it is fine.

Why do find a need to check so often? Is the temperature varying in ways you do not expect? Does your bike routinely overheat?
Actually, when I experienced my mechanical issues the bike was overheating. As such, it made me a little paranoid. Also, I have always liked to see what temperature the bike is running at. I have always kept an eye on it on all bikes I have had. That way, I know if something is amiss if it is not running within the normal zones of operation.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 AM

My F800GT has outside air temp display, and it's a really nice feature to have. Is it needed on the RR? I've never found it to be so, but wouldn't complain if it had that feature ().

Engine coolant temp, though...that's a different story. Not having it easily available on the new RR doesn't make sense. This is a "hot" bike (in both senses) and knowing how hot without having to do a forensic search should be a "given". Hope the next year's RR model will have some common-sense re-designs on it...

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:28 AM

There is a ton of empty space on that display. Just put it in the upper left corner. Seriously, this can't be that hard to do. My 19 Duc HM has a display that is 1/2 the size and it has twice the amount of data on the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode