2020 RR USB and phone mount - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 69
Garage
2020 RR USB and phone mount

SIAP, but I searched for a little while first. Just rode my new RR home from the dealer.

Is the best way to bring USB to around the triple-tree via the battery?

Where is the best location and mounting option for your phone? The center steering column has some threads where I imagine I could attach a RAM ball mount, and to it an X-Grip.

All suggestions welcome. Photos would be great. Thanks.
Tom Bernhardt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
simes007us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 536
The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems

Ram ball mount that goes in your triple tree hole in the center.
Tom Bernhardt likes this.
simes007us is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 45
Yup ram stem mount to hold the phone. As for power if needed you get a battery tender usb, I got a 6 ft heavy dirty iPhone cord. Plugged it into the usb, ran it through the bike along the frame, under the tank and out by the front under the triple tree so if my phone was almost dead I could plug it in. Itís definitely nice to have that power supply if needed. I havnt had to really use the power supply as my phone is usually charged for the most part. I did this on my r1. I could post some pics but there isnít really much to see. Itís all tucked away for the most part. I actually had to get creative because the r1 ( older model) I have a ohlins steering damper thatís above the triple tree and I couldnít use the stem mount


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom Bernhardt likes this.
Pipes1021 is online now  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 12:49 AM
A B
Senior Member
 
A B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra, Oz
Posts: 782
Garage
I have one of these, rock solid after 30,000km

https://www.motogps.com.au/ultimatea...ount-base-kit/

that website has every mount option imaginable, have a poke around...
Tom Bernhardt likes this.

1990 Carrera 4 | 2016 S1000RR | 2010 S1000RR (gone)
A B is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 69
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simes007us View Post
The Telferizer Custom Motorcycle RAM mounts for GPS Systems

Ram ball mount that goes in your triple tree hole in the center.
The Telferizer looks perfect, but it's apparently UK-only. Does anyone have something comparable available in the US? Or do you know the size of the center column? 22mm or so?

Last edited by Tom Bernhardt; 08-07-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Tom Bernhardt is online now  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
simes007us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
The Telferizer looks perfect, but it's apparently UK-only. Does anyone have something comparable available in the US? Or do you know the size of the center column? 22mm or so?
I'm in California. They ship worldwide. Took like 5 days to arrive.
primafrog and Tom Bernhardt like this.
simes007us is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Erion929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Orange County, CA.
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
The Telferizer looks perfect, but it's apparently UK-only. Does anyone have something comparable available in the US? Or do you know the size of the center column? 22mm or so?



This stem mount works great on my Ď17RR....the same function. Bought from Amazon, but Ebay has them , too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add RAM mount style to it, as needed.



I also have a cigarette lighter-style power adapter, mounted to the inner flange of the left upper fairing, connected from the BMW accessory power port. I run my radar detector off that adapter, which is why that RAM mount magnetic plate is mounted (to the left in the pic).







.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0CBC49D2-2C01-401F-8E38-DC11AC38966E.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	202174   Click image for larger version

Name:	B42871C3-F75A-437D-B8B6-948BDBDF85DD.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	202180  
Tom Bernhardt likes this.

2017 S1000RR
2013 K1600 GTL

Last edited by Erion929; 08-07-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Erion929 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Austin, TX USA
Posts: 69
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
This stem mount works great on my Ď17RR....the same function. Bought from Amazon, but Ebay has them , too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add RAM mount style to it, as needed.



I also have a cigarette lighter-style power adapter, mounted to the inner flange of the left upper fairing, connected from the BMW accessory power port. I run my radar detector off that adapter, which is why that RAM mount magnetic plate is mounted (to the left in the pic).







.
Thanks. Do you know if the 2020 and 2017 have the same steering column inner diameter?

What radar detector do you use? I have an Escort Max 360 I use on my K1300S that Bluetooths into the phone app and into my helmet, but I am frankly very unhappy with the app. While the app displays alerts on the phone and beeps into my helmet, it doesn't give the information you get from the detector itself - differentiated tones and flashes for band, intensity and direction.

If you have the V1 and its app, is it substantially better?
Tom Bernhardt is online now  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Erion929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Orange County, CA.
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bernhardt View Post
Thanks. Do you know if the 2020 and 2017 have the same steering column inner diameter?

What radar detector do you use? I have an Escort Max 360 I use on my K1300S that Bluetooths into the phone app and into my helmet, but I am frankly very unhappy with the app. While the app displays alerts on the phone and beeps into my helmet, it doesn't give the information you get from the detector itself - differentiated tones and flashes for band, intensity and direction.

If you have the V1 and its app, is it substantially better?

Not sure on any differences on diameter of the stem between ‘17 and ‘20. My bet would be they are the same....and there is some adjustability in the mounting flange diameter.


I bought a Uniden R1, just because of the RR speed, lol. But now I also got a mount for it on my K1600.

I just use it with the audio turned up max....I can “just” hear it at speed. I don’t worry about different type alerts....if I hear ANY chirp/alarm, I’m slowing down! I don’t think it has any bluetooth capability?

.
Tom Bernhardt likes this.

2017 S1000RR
2013 K1600 GTL

Last edited by Erion929; 08-07-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Erion929 is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 273
The stem hole is the same size as it's been, no change for the 2020
Tom Bernhardt likes this.
Jaylude22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome