Is it possible to get a 2020 in the US without DDC? - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By bennymx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Is it possible to get a 2020 in the US without DDC?

Looking at the BMW website bike builder it does not appear the select package can be unchecked.
I'm interested in getting the bike for track use only.
I really don't want the DDC, but I would like the item in the race package.
Anyone know if it can be ordered that way?

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 02:22 PM

In Race Mode Pro the DDC should not actively be changing your dampening. You set dampening with the computer, but it's a static setting.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharidan View Post
Looking at the BMW website bike builder it does not appear the select package can be unchecked.
I'm interested in getting the bike for track use only.
I really don't want the DDC, but I would like the item in the race package.
Anyone know if it can be ordered that way?

Thanks,
Mike
If you find yourself having to buy a 20 with the DDC, I can now do DDC delete from the coding, and have the XWORKS code fix for the 2nd and 3rd gear issues.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses.

My thinking is I'd be replacing the suspension anyway, so why pay for the DDC.
It's possible I don't have a full understanding of how the DDC and electronic suspension works, and maybe the stock suspension doesn't need upgrading?

Thanks again,
Mike
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharidan View Post
Thanks for the responses.

My thinking is I'd be replacing the suspension anyway, so why pay for the DDC.
It's possible I don't have a full understanding of how the DDC and electronic suspension works, and maybe the stock suspension doesn't need upgrading?

Thanks again,
Mike
DDC is like anything else. You got to put in the work to understand it, and build it to your feel. The good of the 20 is that the DDC has changed alot in its operation and the feel. So far I only have 50 good laps on the K67 DDC at a track I have over 5000 laps on. I did however work the K46 DDC alot with various oil changes, spring changes, and RCK3 using the Sector DDC feature.

Being a computer guy makes me want to make DDC work and show it can be a top level suspension with some work. M Calibration / M Power Kit being so delayed in release means one less tool to be able to adjust DDC completely right now.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:16 PM

You can order a bike without DDC. It will depend on how your country has packaged their bikes. The base model comes without DDC. The other 3 models come with DDC. I don't think its a stand alone option.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
You can order a bike without DDC. It will depend on how your country has packaged their bikes. The base model comes without DDC. The other 3 models come with DDC. I don't think its a stand alone option.
Are you sure ? I havent since none DDC bikes since 2014
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Yeah, that's why I asked about in the US.
I'm also curious if there are any issues replacing the suspension on a bike with DDC?

Thanks for the reply Benny.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 08:32 PM

Normally the DDC is part of the dymanic package which includes the following DDC, Heated Grips, Cruise Control. In AUS we have 4 specs.

Base model: Only available in Red. Only has a quickshifter.
Sport model: Only available in Red. Riding Mode Pro, Cast wheels, Passenger Kit, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, DDC, Heated Grips, Cruise Control
Race model: Only available in Red. Passenger Kit, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Riding Mode Pro, M Battery, M Forged Wheels, DDC, Heated Grips, Cruise Control
M sport: Only available in Motorsport colour. Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Riding Mode Pro, M Seat, M Battery, M Carbon Wheels, DDC, Heated Grips, Cruise Control

This is country specific. AG will lock colours and options that cannot be changed like carbon wheels and the motorsport colour are locked to the M sport. Other things can be changed. To get a bike with no DDC in AUS you can only order the Base model which comes with nothing but a quick shifter. If you decide to buy any of the other 3 models then you can always remove the DDC and have someone like BMW_388 remove it from the vehicle order. A dealer cannot do this for you. I believe the RCK has the ability to do it but we do not have the new RCK for the 2020 yet.

@bmwbadboy Dealers will not stock a base bike because no one buys them. Its a waste of time. Most people buy a sport model or the race model which is generally the top model at the time. As we see with the 2020 model pretty much every bike sold is a M sport. Prior to the 2020 we mainly sold the sport model which was fully optioned except for forged wheels. Most customers didn't option forged wheels in AUS. Cost is a factor. Having a base model bike allows a low price to be advertised but when you go to the dealer you find the price is significantly higher because they only stock what they sell and what people want.
A B, skapan and shaharidan like this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 AM

I’m assuming you’re doing this for the track. Based on my experience with the old RR. The best most cost effective way to handle this is order the top line BMW. Before you even put a mile on it, buy a set of Ohlins. Have the dealer do it so it’s fully documented the instal. Set the DDC equipment aside.

When it comes time to sell, have the dealer reinstall the DDC suspense. Sell the Ohlins separately.

If you can do the same with the engine. Salvage and engine off a wrecked bike, Have the dealer do the engine swap, reinstall when you sell.

You will basically sell the next guy a zero time bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode