BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Who’s going to the BMW track day August 14 in NJ

11K views 77 replies 20 participants last post by  Fatal 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Yep. All inclusive.
This is an all-inclusive, non-transferrable invitation for riders who have expressed an interest in the 2020 BMW S 1000 RR. Spaces are strictly limited and first-come, first-served. Open to experienced riders with full gear and valid motorcycle endorsement only. Please note, you will not be able to ride your own motorcycle on the track during this event. For complete terms and regulations, please click here.

Had to cut and paste because of the screenshot being resized.

Attachments

#6 ·
Yeah across from the diner. I’m going to get a room Tuesday night so I wont be tired from the 3.5 hour drive in the morning. I did a track day at New York safety track and that was about a 4 Hour drive. I drove there, spent all day at the track then drove home and made it to work the following day. Driving for that long it’s dangerous so I won’t be doing that again. I do my track days solo against my girlfriends wishes. She always wants to go but when I’m on the track I am in my zone and hate feel like I am excluding or ignoring her. It would be different if she was into motorcycles but the only thing she knows about them is that they have two wheels.

#7 ·
Awesome, down to 55 spots now. I signed up yesterday and got the confirmation about 15 minutes afterwards. Pumped - thanks for the heads up. Get the feeling we will do about 4 sessions with instructors and really learn the bike off the track. Either way, it will be a fun day to break up the work week!

I'll probably get a room too or stay somewhere much closer in NJ. Having sat on one at COTA a few months ago, i would really like to ride it.

#23 ·
I agree. We should find a way to gather so we can all say hello in person. I'll be in the beginner group for the first session. Haven't been on a bike since the end of 2016 but I'm sure it will all come back fast. I have nothing to prove so I don't mind being in a lower class. I know how I ride and in my area there weren't many that kept up with me. This track day is going to be everything I need to prepare me for my new 2020.

If you guys want to shoot me a text the morning of my cell is 203-856-5602. Name is Fatal :grin2:
I will be staying at a hotel somewhere close by. I need to search whats around there. If anyone else is staying Tuesday night close to the track maybe we can meet for diner somewhere. I'm not staying out late and not much of a drinker any more.

#32 ·
I called CSS today to see if they knew the particulars for the day - they said they did not - since it is a BMW function. CSS is providing the bikes and BMW is running the day.

I sure would like to know how much seat time we are actually going to get. Does anyone know how many spots were assigned?

It is a long ride for me to find out we are only getting 15 minutes on the bike.

#33 ·
If it was a 2020 S1000RR with an XWORKS ECU, it would be the best 15 minutes of fun you can have. I hope however you can get at least 45 minutes of time on the K67 and enjoy.

Reactions: BruceV
#35 ·
The event is run by BMW and they are using our fleet. Basic info I have is it will be a guided test ride. Three riders to one pace rider (control rider). The idea is to get all participants three rides. We have gear if people need a loaner set of leathers. Weather and other variables can alter the schedule, number of rides, length of rides and all that. Catered lunch. Nate and Steve will be there along with other BMW representatives. That's about all I know.

#36 ·
Dylan thanks for posting this. I understand all the liability in regard to not knowing who will be showing up for this event so it must be very controlled.

Unfortunately in my case riding the new RR in a follow the leader situation is not going to give me the information I'm looking for.

I don't ride my RR on the street and would not be riding the new RR on the street either - strictly a track bike and was hoping to be able to do some hot sessions to see if this bike at this time was worth replacing my track ready 2016.

#38 · (Edited)
I've got too many days off from work to not go to this, less than 3 hour drive and I'd like to get to know the new bike beyond reading reviews and getting everyone's personal opinion. Hope it isn't follow the leader for the entire day, but if they break it down by racers, experienced and newer track riders it could be alright. Let you know how it rides at the next TTD event :)

#44 ·
Sounds like the 1290 Super Duke. (See attached pic from Rottweiler Performance). 5500 rpm and/or 20% throttle is the threshold for switching on the KTM.

Luckily the power delivery is such that cruising for me is 4500-5000 rpm and for spirited riding and making moves I always have mine at 5500 or above anyway.

I did install the dongles (described in pic) and it does make take offs and cruising smoother.
Unlike the 2020 S1000rr though, the restrictions don’t affect fueling/riding in the meaty part of the power delivery or anything over 20% throttle twist.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.