Handlebar riser adapters - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
fig

Handlebar riser adapters

Iím not going to mince words. I got too fat to ride leaned over the tank of my S1k. Iíve been riding a vstrom but Iím getting very bored with it. The dealer is trying to locate a low suspension XR for me but Iím not hearing anything so I can only conclude that business is very good. I figure meanwhile maybe I can make my S1k more comfortable for my old fat ass.

Iíve been kicking around the idea of making riser adapters for the top triple clamp. I think Iíll mill a 1 piece bottom plate with shoulders shaped to fit through those scalene type triangle shaped holes in the top triple clamp. Then two mating parts to clamp from the top side. From here I should be able to mount some risers for handle bars. Iíll have to figure out how much slack I have in the controls and cables. Hopefully enough to get me well up off the tank.

Iíve looked at a few kits and for what they are the price is ridiculous. I understand the amount of machining involved in what they have done. I just canít rationalize spending that kind of money for something I can make an alternative for.

I also realize Iíll be putting forces on an area of that triple clamp that werenít designed for forces. Iíll be inspecting it a little more closely today. Maybe Iíll just make a new top triple clamp.

"You meet the nicest people on a Harley"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode