BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2020 M carbon wheels

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  simes007us 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the carbon wheels have ceramic bearings or standard bearings? Thanks.

#5 ·
for the time being, do not buy K46 forged wheels for the 2020 front or rear.

this front wheel issue has some serious things to make it work out.

I have resolve the VSS sensor location with a temporary bracket.

Then this was finally the time to switch the Hayes calipers to my Brembo calipers. One of the issues I saw was the 6mm rotors I have would not fit well inside the Hayes calipers. So I thought the Brembo would solve this issue with the 6mm rotor being used as it was on the K46. Nope... not going to happen either without work. The rotor still did not clear well inside the Brembo caliper. It was time to do some measuring and I found that the hub center on the carbon wheel was 2mm different on centerline of the wheel on each side, meaning 4mm total difference from forged to carbon wheel rotor mounting. There is a solution for me. I have a friend with a mill just down the road and I will face the braketech rotors mounting flange the 2mm on the inside of each rotor. That will give me my 4mm difference of rotor centerline to the caliper centerline. That is as far as I got tuesday on this project as the last 2 days have been programming ECU's and installing a full exhaust for a local customer on a 2020. Next week I will make this front wheel work.

#8 ·
I have alot of machining and engineering experience also. I use to build these at Raytheon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.