Buyer Beware - Bayside Performance Canada - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:20 PM

Sorry to hear that from you but some how I had quite good experience with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000rrLee View Post
Here is my rant.
I had ordered a Besteem Carbon Fiber tank cover for my beloved 18 rr. Yes I know, I should have gone with Ilmberger, but there was a sale offered by Bayside Performance Canada in Vancouver, and I placed the order online. I received the tank cover shortly there after, and when I installed in onto my bike, I noticed two very slight scuff marks on the top. It looks like it was under the clear coat. Small, but noticeable under the light. The fit is pretty decent, but not perfect. So I emailed the owner - Kevin Boisvert, and wanted to either return the product, as it was defective, or get an exchange for another one. It should have been simple. Clearly I was mistaken. It took several emails, and trying to take a photo of the minor scuffs was almost impossible to capture. He advised me that "He can't see the blemishes, and that I should have had a professional carbon fibre installer install the tank cover to get the job done right. Also, he advised that if he took returns from everyone that wants to learn how to do it themselves, they would be gone out of business!!!
Stupid me. I had believed that if I was capable of removing the factory exhaust, and installing a full Akra exhaust system, I believed I was capable of installing a carbon tank cover. And what is a professional installer going to do that I couldn't??!!
Needless to say, He advised that he needed to start a warranty claim with Besteem. Shortly thereafter, I received a message from him advising that in order to facilitate the claim, the damage has to be at least $80 worth, in order to cover the shipping costs. WTF. The tank cover was only $200. So basically he is telling me that unless the damage is over 40% of the value of the cover, I am SOL. Well the damage is not worth $80, as it is just two scuffs the size of dime each. Looks like I just just got screwed.
For any of you Canucks that choose to do business with Bayside Performance, be aware, that their so called return policy is worthless, and if you order from them online, you are on your own. My experiences with every other company, including out of country, such as Moto Million, have been excellent, and never had issues with doing a return or an exchange. Until now. Lesson learned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'18 S1000rr
'16 S1000XR (sold)
'15 S1000RR(STOLEN)
'07 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special (sold)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000rrLee View Post

If u look closely at the 12 and 2 o clock...it's slight but there...not easy to see...either way...it's done. I've purchased my headers from Bayside and it was a good experience, but I never had issues with the headers. All I am saying is becareful, as you may have issues with returns or exchanges, as I quote the owner..."I am just the middle man".

'18 S1000rr
'16 S1000XR (sold)
'15 S1000RR(STOLEN)

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:48 PM

So you were being overly dramatic. Got it.
Honestly, if I were them and you sent me that picture saying there's an issue with the part, I would probably give you the same treatment. Be real dude, there's nothing there.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

I don't believe in expecting a part to be free of defects or damage is overly dramatic...and the blemishes are much more visible to the eye than in the photo. I don't believe my reaction would be any different than anyone elses...but whatever...to each their own...I spent a lot of money on my bike...and have had no issues with any of the other parts I've put on my bike...

techno_violet and FatWilbur like this.

'18 S1000rr
'16 S1000XR (sold)
'15 S1000RR(STOLEN)

Last edited by 1000rrLee; 07-21-2019 at 08:44 AM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:03 AM

I bought and continue to buy carbon fiber parts directly from Ilmberger. If there's an issue they always make it right. Fast service too.
1000rrLee and techno_violet like this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:43 PM

Maybe your pictures doesn't show the flaw. It look great to me also.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 05:19 PM

The problem with cosmetic parts is that you want them to be perfect. And if the defect looks like some random dent or scrape, then you don't want that part, it's not as good as an undented or unscraped part. I get that. Bestem also gets that, people have bought direct from them on eBay, and they have corrected issues without all the Bayside drama. Would have been better if it was a bellypan, at least you don't have to look at that every time you ride the bike.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:56 PM

I'd be pissed as well.

My jeep dealer replaced a radio trim piece in my car. The color doesn't match. Stock is a satin finish. The replacement is gloss. I tried taking pictures of it from many angles, with and without flash. You cannot tell in pictures. Only in person. I'm still fighting the dealer about it. The said the changed factories and this is how they come now. I said great so then take on off a new car and put it in mine and take this one back. Any ways, I wouldn't give up. I understand you bought a lower cost CF piece but they should stand by what they sell. Anyone telling you that you are being dramatic should keep their comments to themselves. This thread was about you warning others and sharing your experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbon 1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	201742  

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 PM

Garage
I tried to buy something from these guys a few years back but was told was a scammer because I live in Thailand. I offered to show them past transactions with other companies such as 'Sportsbikeshop' etc or my eBay rep but was dismissed out of hand.

Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in?.....Abby someone…..Abby someone. Abby who?.....Abby Normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode