Complaint to BMW about the 2020 power delivery - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 327Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Complaint to BMW about the 2020 power delivery

Hey you guys,
Going to write a letter to the higher ups at BMW tomorrow. Will be in darn good English but without cutting corners. These guys need to know how much of a **** up they have released to the public. I'm even wondering if the current stop delivery/ bike unavailability for a while has anything to do with it. They could have a flash in the works, it's be nice to know.....
Anyhow if anybody wants to join me in the letter PM me we should put as many people behind it as possible, see what they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
Hey you guys,
Going to write a letter to the higher ups at BMW tomorrow. Will be in darn good English but without cutting corners. These guys need to know how much of a **** up they have released to the public. I'm even wondering if the current stop delivery/ bike unavailability for a while has anything to do with it. They could have a flash in the works, it's be nice to know.....
Anyhow if anybody wants to join me in the letter PM me we should put as many people behind it as possible, see what they do.
How are you going to get this to the higher ups?

I’m down to help. PM me!
Old 06-30-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

I have the name and work address of the NA BMW boss. Not that hard to get.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:01 AM

I don’t have the bike, neither have ridden one yet, but wondering what exactly you are going to write them and complain about, the flat power zones? Vibrations? Ticking?
Old 06-30-2019, 03:25 AM

What is the **** up ? Don’t have the bike yet but I wonder what is wrong with the bike with the complaint ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
Hey you guys,
Old 06-30-2019, 03:42 AM

You might want to CC the EPA on your email.

2015 S1000RR (sold)
2016 Tuono
2017 R Nine T

<10K club janitor.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:50 AM

I hear where you are coming from. Although global automotive manufacturers are at the mercy of the local government's with regards to emission laws they still must be able to produce a engine that delivers power to a certain level. You can't produce a motorcycle and have it be worse than the previous model. Although the emissions laws and standards are getting stricter with each year you must be able to take that into account and still achieve the original goal. After all that is the job the manufacturer. I have not ridden the US spec bike but if it is as bad as what many have said. Then a mass of complaints may be the only way to get a software update to fix it. Of course the original rules and regulations must be followed but surely the bike can be tuned to fit within those guidelines and still maintain an acceptable quality that a superbike should have. You can be sure that if I was involved in BMW NA then I'd be following this up asap. @wfo439 did the guy who races the new bike have any issues?
Old 06-30-2019, 04:09 AM

People are ****ed up. They have a sport bike that can do 300kph yet they complain.

Go buy a Vespa lol
Old 06-30-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbadboy View Post
People are ****ed up. They have a sport bike that can do 300kph yet they complain.

Go buy a Vespa lol
Clearly missing the point. Let's keep the thread on track and not start arguments.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenLine View Post
I don’t have the bike, neither have ridden one yet, but wondering what exactly you are going to write them and complain about, the flat power zones? Vibrations? Ticking?
Flat power in 2nd and 3rd obviously. Bikes has got a few other issues but that are minor and manageable. The power delivery is the shocking misery on this bike.
Tried&True21 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in