Complaint to BMW about the 2020 power delivery - Page 23 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 418Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:34 AM

"I enjoy the majority of your posts and you have contributed a lot over the years. I just disagree with the snowflakes and all the complaints."

Gee I bet Elk feels better now after receiving such high praise from you

And so what if you disagree with other complaints, it doesn't delegitimize them. Oh guess it's cause you throw the word snowflake around...make that up all by yourself?

2013 BMW K1600 GT
2015 BMW S1000RR
2018 Yamaha R1

"I have no idea. How fast was I going?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:41 AM

Previous generations of the RR (with the exception of the 2012 recall for, I believe, connecting rod bolt replacement) have not had a laundry list of issues comparable to this new 2020 model. It's a shame, but the 2020 looks like a bike designed by committee, rather than by a team. There's a distinction there.

BMW knows about social media sentiment regarding this bike, and I'd be willing to bet that "committee" is trying to figure a way to limit the damage that sentiment is causing. The other major manufacturers may sense this is an opportunity.

Last edited by flyryder; 07-13-2019 at 11:31 AM.
post #223 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
I've seen some thieving dealerships, but more honest ones. Maybe it's different in Thailand.
all my dealership experience is in america

post #224 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
You never rode a Bultaco ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bultaco

https://www.cycleworld.com/bultaco-m...cs-remembered/

Neutral at the bottom and all them gears were up from there. The kick starter went forward.
Glad you asked. Of course I did. It was my first bike at age 14. Purchased for $450. A Bultaco Metralla 250. It looked just like this one.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25192/lot/8/

Gearshift was on the right side. Pattern was GP shift. Opposite of the Japanese manufactures at the time. Loved that bike!

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/articl...-metralla-mk2/
CYCLE_MONKEY likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #225 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:32 AM

post #226 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Not that old, wrinkled and grey just yet. I still have a few fast laps left in me.

Last year's results racing for the first time in 32 years.

Sadly I've only done 2 track days this year and no races. S happens. Hoping to remedy this ASAP.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 07-14-2019 at 12:53 AM.
post #227 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:00 AM

ECU Update!

Good news... I hope at least... I was at WSBK today and spoke with both ambassadors (Kern included) and they advised that BMW is aware of the problem and working up a fix for it. I pressed further and he advised that it was on the forefront of BMW Motorrad talks because its to big of a release to let it flop. Hope this bodes well for the community and the K67 we should hopefully see something soon.
post #228 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes4895 View Post
Good news... I hope at least... I was at WSBK today and spoke with both ambassadors (Kern included) and they advised that BMW is aware of the problem and working up a fix for it. I pressed further and he advised that it was on the forefront of BMW Motorrad talks because its to big of a release to let it flop. Hope this bodes well for the community and the K67 we should hopefully see something soon.
That's great news.

But, I think it's ridiculous for BMW to pretend they weren't fully aware of their tuning problem with US bikes.
Not owning up to it, and treating your customers like idiots, is insult on top of injury and doesn't inspire confidence in the brand or their ethics.
nomorekawi likes this.
post #229 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes4895 View Post
Welp, my night has been made! Hopefully within a few weeks at least.
techno_violet likes this.
post #230 of 342 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:12 AM
GJB

I got to ride a track session on the new RR. Two things were completely unacceptable: First, the bike was closer in power to a 300 than a 1000 at less than 9 or 10K RPM, along with torque that was even more laughable. Second, the bike had bar vibration that rivaled my superbike from days gone bye with counter balance removed. Really a big fail from a company like BMW. Having said that I dropped a deposit. Why?? Because the bike was super easy to ride - nimble, planted, and felt more like a 600, and from 12000 RPM and up it was very strong. I saw big potential....

However, if there is not a map or something to fix issue #1 before my number comes up, I will cancel, since I am purely looking for a race bike. I am pretty sure dumping the stock exhaust will do wonders for the vibration.

Eagerly awaiting to see what happens.

BTW, I also did a session on a stock RSV4 1100. It was close to perfect on all fronts. Great power, excellent torque, very linear map, and the same chassis that is legendary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode