2020 K67 S1000RR FIXED USA ECU 2nd and 3rd Gear > Go fast now XWORKS - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 267Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
BrenTuning has a place marker but no available products.
bren just got their s1k so it will be awhile before they have anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
There might be a shop here or there that could flash it, but none of the standard companies have a flash tune or piggy back product available for purchase as of today. Alpha, Bazzaz, and DynoJet dont even have a K67 page listed. BrenTuning has a place marker but no available products. BMW_388 is the only individual I am aware of that has made any ground with the new ECU and has offered his services. Even then, I don't think he has full access to the mapping as of yet.
Also, this true?! I know you said all gears, but I figured the focus of that statement referred to the previously lackluster 2nd and 3rd gears.
I have the full exhaust tune for the ECU. Its a long story on what I have so it is not information for release. I have now tested the coding about 200 miles with the stock exhaust, and I really wanted the Arrow Exhaust solution but they do not answer my ETA questions in emails so far. So I was waiting on it to test with before I start indicating I have the additional full tune solution.

Alpha Germany wants to sell you a ECU , Motec cluster, and wiring harness solution. That is $5000, and the wiring harness is not available still so you will really be a preorder / back order.

I have already explained in the K46 / K67 difference thread that BAZZZ and Power Commander are having to remake wiring harness for sure, and maybe even the PC boards inside the piggy back boxes. The injectors in the throttle bodies are completely different in the connections. I have not tried to research the exact injector it is, but it may even need a completely different electronics driver on the PCB. That is a huge amount of work for even a company like DynoJet.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
post #23 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
I have the full exhaust tune for the ECU. Its a long story on what I have so it is not information for release. I have now tested the coding about 200 miles with the stock exhaust, and I really wanted the Arrow Exhaust solution but they do not answer my ETA questions in emails so far. So I was waiting on it to test with before I start indicating I have the additional full tune solution.

Alpha Germany wants to sell you a ECU , Motec cluster, and wiring harness solution. That is $5000, and the wiring harness is not available still so you will really be a preorder / back order.

I have already explained in the K46 / K67 difference thread that BAZZZ and Power Commander are having to remake wiring harness for sure, and maybe even the PC boards inside the piggy back boxes. The injectors in the throttle bodies are completely different in the connections. I have not tried to research the exact injector it is, but it may even need a completely different electronics driver on the PCB. That is a huge amount of work for even a company like DynoJet.
Now you're talking. Looking forward to updates from you.

post #24 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:20 PM

As I said, nothing available as of now.

@BMW_388, I apologize if I misspoke, I've seen some posts where you have requested user's PM you regarding your XWORKS coding, I wrongly assumed aspects of it were available. Conversely, I don't remember the exact verbiage, but I saw you mention it's highly confidential as members in the past have stolen the fruits of your labors. I don't code, so forgive my ignorance, but couldn't you encrypt your coding the same ways OEM's do, but with an independent algorithm? Lastly, whats the word on these 6th gear powa whoolies?
post #25 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

I just went out and did my 2nd test on top end speed on the cluster. its 193MPH. That is the 2nd time I have hit 193 and it is all will go. My K46 would go 196, so i guess not too bad. The bike gets the front tire too much up in the air at these speeds. The front needs to be strapped down just a bit to be more stable.

I dont own a GoPro so no video unfortunately.

Ok, I just downloaded the datalogger data so I will update how the numbers come up in Stock ECU vs XWORKS

STOCK ECU > CLUSTER Reads 186 MPH top speed is all it will go. I hit it twice.
267KM on Datalogger which showed 166MPH on datalogger too.
179 MPH on the STI Laptimer

XWORKS ECU > CLUSTER Reads 193 MPH top speed is all it will go. I hit it twice.
288KM on the DataLogger which also showed 179MPH
186 on the STI Laptimer

Just for bragging rights, I did a K46 RCK3 / HP power kit'ed ECU in Florida that does that roll on 1 mile top speed deal. He was stuck at 196 too and with my ECU flash, it went 205MPH he indicated. The K46 needs alot more aero to be much faster top speed.

WTB: I want to buy someone's STOCK K67 exhaust. Anyone that just removed it for the Akra install and wants to sell shoot me a PM on price.

Last edited by BMW_388; 06-25-2019 at 05:15 PM.
post #26 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 05:59 PM

I would donate my stock exhaust to you for the cause if i had my bike.
BMW_388 likes this.

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
post #27 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
I just went out and did my 2nd test on top end speed on the cluster. its 193MPH. That is the 2nd time I have hit 193 and it is all will go. My K46 would go 196, so i guess not too bad. The bike gets the front tire too much up in the air at these speeds. The front needs to be strapped down just a bit to be more stable.
So.... you are saying you just did a 193mph wheelie... and then went and did it again?
smash adams likes this.

IG: @david_s1000rr

2018 S1000RR - Black Storm Metallic "Cricket"
post #28 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I'd prefer it if someone came out with a race fairing with a little more down force. Maybe even wings. Do you think the extremely short (height wise) windscreen has anything to do with the lower top speed. Even with my chin on the tank my helmet is a few inches above the screen. There is nothing to tuck in under. The only other 2020 owner I know already purchased BMW's taller windscreen.
smash adams and BMW_388 like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #29 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Site Sponsor

Everyone needs to pitch in some coin and get @BMW_388 some steakhouse gift cards. I don't think many realize how much time and effort he has sunk into developing the K46 and K67 flashes.

Some might say, well he makes $ selling them. I think you would be surprised in how much money he has invested in hardware for these endeavors just to make sure we have good clean flashes. Where are the competitors??? Remember who actually did the legwork first....
M GmbH, smash adams, Fatal and 2 others like this.
post #30 of 143 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
I'd prefer it if someone came out with a race fairing with a little more down force. Maybe even wings. Do you think the extremely short (height wise) windscreen has anything to do with the lower top speed. Even with my chin on the tank my helmet is a few inches above the screen. There is nothing to tuck in under. The only other 2020 owner I know already purchased BMW's taller windscreen.

At 191 it stumbled to get to 193. The worse problem of course is the road in the middle of almost no where I go to and make this 1 mile high speed run. Its straight, but is sure not smooth. I pulled the front wheel today and rebalanced the assembly. This helped a little in feel at least. I put less than an ounce straight across from the TPMS stem.

The power on this engine at 12K is really good up to the 14000 and the ECU is allowing to 14695 soft banging. Quite the better feel as to how the K46 banged the limiter.

I never actually hit the limiter in 6th gear. I was running out of road, and the front was just moving around to much. Pull the mirrors, strap the front down at least 1 inch, slightly taller wind screen, and for me, clip ons that get your wrists and shoulders tucked in better. I hate the angle of these clip ons right now. I have not been to the track yet to see if there is some benefit there over the K46 position and better tuck. Anyway, might see 196-198 on the cluster with some aero improvements.
Elk, smash adams, wfo439 and 1 others like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode