2020 K67 S1000RR FIXED USA ECU 2nd and 3rd Gear > Go fast now XWORKS - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 349Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 394
Ultimately, I would like to get the Akra with it mapped properly. Any ideas what might be happening on that front. Obviously, for people that want to keep the stock exhaust this appears to be far and away the best option.
PNorris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 717
Lifts the front tire in 6th? Hubba hubba
skydivr is offline  
post #13 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member
 
BMW_388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Dealer will see the difference if they dig into it. Both R1 and RR dealerships first thing they did was check my bikes for "flashes and programmers". A better option is having two ECUs, but they're paired to dash and keys. Which makes it more cumbersome.

Best option would be a USB cable and a way to flash ECU at home back to stock as needed.

The option I dream of is for BMW to produce a track-ready bike based on RR that's not over $25k.

Either way it's great BMW_388 unlocked this beast already so when I get my RR it's good to go.

I am so curious what is your proper dream of a track bike? BMW just gave you a 2020 $23,500 track weapon. Dont blame BMW on the USA government BS. The bike that gets around government rules is labeled as OFF ROAD use only called an HP4 RACE. The price of that is $50000 today, and I even heard of a demo with 100 miles for $42000. That hardware alone is $55000 .. go buy one of those and you even get RCK PRO. That is a WSBK level of software tables.

The 2020 is a great chassis. The engine sucks with the shift cam, but, I guess if I cant blow it up in the 2000 miles now I have, it might be ok 15000 miles from now. The coding I have is not something I want to talk about on the forums, PM, emails, .. maybe on the phone I will. There are too many today that just looking to get my work and exploit for themselves. It has happened already with one forum member here on RCK3 / HP power Kit for the 15/16.
the_gooch, skapan, wfo439 and 3 others like this.
BMW_388 is online now  
 
post #14 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:50 AM
z00
Senior Member
 
z00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Redline
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
I am so curious what is your proper dream of a track bike? BMW just gave you a 2020 $23,500 track weapon. Dont blame BMW on the USA government BS. The bike that gets around government rules is labeled as OFF ROAD use only called an HP4 RACE. The price of that is $50000 today, and I even heard of a demo with 100 miles for $42000. That hardware alone is $55000 .. go buy one of those and you even get RCK PRO. That is a WSBK level of software tables.
$42k for HP4R is a great deal! But engine maintenance intervals are unreasonable. Having K67 engine in HP4R would be ideal.
I'm asking for a watered down HP4R, no need for carbon frame, motoGP forks, carbon wheels & fairings, etc... tuned & unlocked from factory and read to ride. RCK Pro is great, but who has the knowledge to use it properly? I don't have my own track side engineer. Let's be real, it requires a good bit of time to be able to utilize such software effectively. I would rather ride, than spend time learning software.

Kramer does this well. Waiting to see what they come up with based on newer 790KTM twin engine. Don't get why BMW does not offer something similar. With how many bike training schools in US and EU, and track guys. It would be a nice small niche market.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
z00 is offline  
post #15 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 121
Word has it you can buy them brand new for $40k, TT&L not included, but zero miles. Came from as reputable a source as you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
The engine sucks with the shift cam, but, I guess if I cant blow it up in the 2000 miles now I have, it might be ok 15000 miles from now.
Now that you've cracked it and have 100% of the power at WOT, is it simply the ticking sound you've experienced that you strongly dislike? Or do you dislike the entire concept of shift cam? Also, I remember you mentioning the desire to plug and play the ECE ECU in your US spec bike to see how the coding differs. Did you ever get around to that or skip it altogether as your XWORKS coding likely supersedes both ECU's in performance?
Ashes is offline  
post #16 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Loomis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,069
Garage
AWESOME BMW388!!!
smash adams and BMW_388 like this.
Loomis is offline  
post #17 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
The bike that gets around government rules is labeled as OFF ROAD use only called an HP4 RACE. The price of that is $50000 today, and I even heard of a demo with 100 miles for $42000. That hardware alone is $55000 .. go buy one of those and you even get RCK PRO. That is a WSBK level of software tables.
On paper what you say about the HP4 Race (hardware) is true. No argument. In the real world, has anyone won a championship on this bike? There was a great video of someone (Hutchinson?) riding the bike at IOM. Can't remember if he won on it. I personally know 1 top racer that had enough time on the bike to say the chassis was too stiff. The front would chatter at 10/10ths and it could not be adjusted out. Dial it back to 9-9.5/10ths the bike is perfect but you are losing 2-5 lengths in every corner. Any so called journalists, BMW employees and sadly even @Dylan Code can't be counted on to tell the truth about this bike. The 2020 has a "flex frame" for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
$42k for HP4R is a great deal! But engine maintenance intervals are unreasonable. Having K67 engine in HP4R would be ideal.
I'm asking for a watered down HP4R, no need for carbon frame, motoGP forks, carbon wheels & fairings, etc... tuned & unlocked from factory and read to ride. RCK Pro is great, but who has the knowledge to use it properly? I don't have my own track side engineer. Let's be real, it requires a good bit of time to be able to utilize such software effectively. I would rather ride, than spend time learning software.
Agree completely in terms of HP4R maintenance. If you don't want carbon fiber wheels, it seems the 2020 standard meets your specs. Tuned/unlocked would be nice but cost isn't prohibitive. (less than 1K) You could get that 2020 unlocked for 21K or less.
Rush66crp, z00 and w07r1on1 like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 06-21-2019 at 10:35 PM.
wfo439 is offline  
post #18 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:14 AM
z00
Senior Member
 
z00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Redline
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Agree completely in terms of HP4R maintenance. If you don't want carbon fiber wheels, it seems the 2020 standard meets your specs. Tuned/unlocked would be nice but cost isn't prohibitive. (less than 1K) You could get that 2020 unlocked for 21K or less.
No RR carbon wheels for me, already see few people with issues with them.

I was at Road Atlanta track last month, one WERA racer wrecked his R1, his front BST wheel shattered. Combined with issues on RR carbon wheels, not worth it IMO. Will leave it to Starbucks bros to show all of the fiber.
CYCLE_MONKEY, GixY2K and 19s1k like this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
z00 is offline  
post #19 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
Ultimately, I would like to get the Akra with it mapped properly. Any ideas what might be happening on that front. Obviously, for people that want to keep the stock exhaust this appears to be far and away the best option.
Holy crap, I just quoted myself. Any thoughts on the Akra route? Thank you sir!
CYCLE_MONKEY likes this.
PNorris is offline  
post #20 of 200 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 121
There might be a shop here or there that could flash it, but none of the standard companies have a flash tune or piggy back product available for purchase as of today. Alpha, Bazzaz, and DynoJet dont even have a K67 page listed. BrenTuning has a place marker but no available products. BMW_388 is the only individual I am aware of that has made any ground with the new ECU and has offered his services. Even then, I don't think he has full access to the mapping as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
Lifts the front tire in 6th? Hubba hubba
Also, this true?! I know you said all gears, but I figured the focus of that statement referred to the previously lackluster 2nd and 3rd gears.

Last edited by Ashes; 06-24-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Ashes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome