2020 K67 S1000RR FIXED USA ECU 2nd and 3rd Gear > Go fast now XWORKS - Page 14 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 333Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Yes, the Carbonin nose/belly pan upgrade. EXCELLENT fit and function. The price.. well, lets just hope the other makers dont have as good of fit and function so that $1100 price tag is all good.

The belly pan does not work with the kickstand. However, I cut my belly pan and made it work with the kickstand. No issues now. I did not use the bracket that should have gone where the kickstand was, because, I had to cut that hole out anyway as part of the modification. All other brackets work great. Only reason I even needed the race body was to race this coming weekend of ( 08-16/17/18 ) on the CMRA. I am ready to try this 2020 in competition with the experts. Still need clip ons, but, ran a 1:21:10 and that is top 5 expert time pretty easy.

And if anyone is thinking... Why is the rear blinkers and tag still on a race setup? In Texas you get pulled over for hauling a car or motorcycle on a trailer with no tags for a VIN check. I dont have time to deal with .. yes officer it is my motorcycle and I am going to the race track.

Good luck with the race. Let us know you and the bike did.
smash adams and BMW_388 like this.

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM
z00

@BMW_388 don't you need a brake guard too? What are you getting and what clipons?

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #133 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
@BMW_388 don't you need a brake guard too? What are you getting and what clipons?

The setup in the picture is for a RideSmart Track day practice. No safety wire, no brake guard needed. I have the HP brake guard. Today is get the bike ready for CMRA friday practice. New slicks, safety wire, brake guard, change oil/filter, new clip ons should arrive UPS.

I am getting the WoodCraft with the 1 inch risers. My calculation is that 1 inch should move the bar just about level with the existing upper triple mounted type. Should have pics tomorrow on this.

Among other things to do today is program calibrate 2 2020 ECU's, finish an RCK2 ECU, start on a RCK3 ECU. Just one guy doing all this too.
A B, smash adams, Mk4UmHa and 4 others like this.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion

post #134 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:23 AM

Know how you feel @BMW_388. I take care of over 100 fleet bikes. Simply not enough time in the day.
smash adams, wfo439 and BMW_388 like this.
post #135 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:

I am getting the WoodCraft with the 1 inch risers. My calculation is that 1 inch should move the bar just about level with the existing upper triple mounted type. Should have pics tomorrow on this.
Most of your posts just raise more questions. Do you want the clip ons for the downward angle or so you can move them back? In another post I believe you said you lowered the rear. What was the reason for this? Did it increase rear grip or do something else? Inquiring minds.

Edit: Good luck this weekend. Hopefully you'll have some video worth sharing. If not we'll settle for your verbal recap.
smash adams and BMW_388 like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 08-14-2019 at 08:43 PM.
post #136 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 05:38 PM

@BMW_388

Do you happen to know if the TC system cares about gearing ratios? I know on the newer Aprilia's it just figures it out after changing the sprockets and driving for a bit.
post #137 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simes007us View Post
@BMW_388

Do you happen to know if the TC system cares about gearing ratios? I know on the newer Aprilia's it just figures it out after changing the sprockets and driving for a bit.
There is a table for ratios within the RCK3 software and I expect this table to be in the M calibration as well. I have changed my ratio with 15 on the front removing the 17. The TC seems fine however. I ran the 17 at the same track I am running the 15, and I cannot detect any TC that is unusual.

Also to pass on some verified information, I spoke with a BWM representative in Germany and he confirms that the existing BLUE box VCI MDI cable box will be used on M Calibration / M power Kit for the 2020. So far there is no release date he can share with me on the enable codes. The M power kit is expected to help move the HP with the Akra system to +10 HP at the rear tire. My advise is to be patient with tuning needs and start with my XWORKS. Its a free upgrade to M Cal M power with purchase of the current XWORKS ECU coding.
bennymx likes this.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion
post #138 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:38 PM
z00

Quote:
My advise is to be patient with tuning needs and start with my XWORKS. Its a free upgrade to M Cal M power with purchase of the current XWORKS ECU coding.
How does that work? If someone buys your Xworks, they also get free M Cal code when it comes out? I'm confused.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #139 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Also to pass on some verified information, I spoke with a BWM representative in Germany and he confirms that the existing BLUE box VCI MDI cable box will be used on M Calibration / M power Kit for the 2020. So far there is no release date he can share with me on the enable codes. The M power kit is expected to help move the HP with the Akra system to +10 HP at the rear tire. My advise is to be patient with tuning needs and start with my XWORKS. Its a free upgrade to M Cal M power with purchase of the current XWORKS ECU coding.
You just made my day with this post! Sweet.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #140 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:15 PM

For what it's worth, I urged the top BMW executive at a their private track event to offer a "track only" program to be done by the Dealers that will provide the Euro model's performance while maintain the factory warranty.
I humbly and respectfully told them that I will not buy the new bike until one is available.
Along with an all black color option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode