2020 K67 S1000RR FIXED USA ECU 2nd and 3rd Gear > Go fast now XWORKS - Page 11 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 267Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-18-2019, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

For those that want to replace the DDC with Ohlins or KTech on the 20 which you got the only available optioned out ///M bike in the USA was with DDC, I can now delete DDC, apply the 2nd and 3rd gear fix, full exhaust support. There is your normal race track ready 2020 now.

You can get that in your ECU, or, I have ECU's in stock for the 2020 which I can clone your EWS coding and you have a A option ECU, and a B option ECU.
the_gooch, Elk, Fatal and 4 others like this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-18-2019, 08:17 AM

@BMW_388

actual god

wfo439 likes this.
post #103 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Site Sponsor

Carlito and wfo439 like this.

post #104 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-20-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
@BMW_388

actual god

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gooch View Post
So true! Alpha (in Germany?) keeps telling SJ BMW that nobody has cracked the code and is doing flashes. SJ BMW wants a product to sell and they don't have it.

Got my plug and play ecu from @BMW_388 Thursday. Installed it today and rode straight to SJ BMW to see Teach McNeil. Was in Race mode Pro 2 with experimental settings for the street. TC was at 4 but was intervening between 9.5K and 10K in 3rd on the freeway. Turned off TC, saw approximately 15 minutes of the first show. Gave my key to Cory Call our resident expert racer. He didn't even do his full test loop. He just rode around the block. I watched him wheelie for at least a block of his ride. He came back saying OMG. Night and day difference. Next up Willie, former master tech and current GM said the same. He has substantial time at Sonoma and Laguna on a stock 2020. For my ride home, I went McKee, Hamilton, Junction and Mines Road. Most enjoyable street ride in a long time.

The bike is a monster when on the gas 6K and above in any gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
I'm still in near disbelief that a motorcycle as beastly as the 1290 R Super Duke is in production. It's still evoking a diabolical cackle every time I ride it.
Just substitute 2020 S1000RR in place of 1290 R Super Duke and that's how I feel about my new bike now.

gas station open 24 hours

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

Last edited by wfo439; 07-20-2019 at 11:21 PM.
post #105 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
So true! Alpha (in Germany?) keeps telling SJ BMW that nobody has cracked the code and is doing flashes. SJ BMW wants a product to sell and they don't have it.

Got my plug and play ecu from @BMW_388 Thursday. Installed it today and rode straight to SJ BMW to see Teach McNeil. Was in Race mode Pro 2 with experimental settings for the street. TC was at 4 but was intervening between 9.5K and 10K in 3rd on the freeway. Turned off TC, saw approximately 15 minutes of the first show. Gave my key to Cory Call our resident expert racer. He didn't even do his full test loop. He just rode around the block. I watched him wheelie for at least a block of his ride. He came back saying OMG. Night and day difference. Next up Willie, former master tech and current GM said the same. He has substantial time at Sonoma and Laguna on a stock 2020. For my ride home, I went McKee, Hamilton, Junction and Mines Road. Most enjoyable street ride in a long time.

Just substitute 2020 S1000RR in place of 1290 R Super Duke and that's how I feel about my new bike now.

AWESOME TO HEAR! Super jealous right now.... I have a track day at Thunderhill 5 Mile and I wish I could ride mine like it was meant to be.
smash adams and wfo439 like this.
post #106 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post

SJ BMW sounds pretty incompetent...

MAX BMW created a fix for the issue weeks ago, which means BMW will not come out with a "fix" of their own for those holding out.

Glad the hacked ECU seems to be making you happy with the bike
post #107 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 09:55 AM

Max? We havenít heard about this yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaniDropper View Post
SJ BMW sounds pretty incompetent...

MAX BMW created a fix for the issue weeks ago, which means BMW will not come out with a "fix" of their own for those holding out.

Glad the hacked ECU seems to be making you happy with the bike
post #108 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Track Day 07_20_19 Cresson TEXAS

When to the track 1 week ago to shake down the new 2020 and what I needed to improve on. All I really ended up doing was programming other peoples ECU, and installing 2 Akra Full Exhaust on 2020's for the 1 week. I wanted to adjust rear height, replace the clip ons so I could adjust them in, drop the front gear to a 15, install the full Akra system. Well, all I got to do was install my full Akra system. However, so worth it on this XWORKS ECU. The shift cam really does work, and the pull all the way to 14,595 is awesome.

My warm up session I paced around at 1:24's. Came in and check pressures off the track, helped work on other people's bikes mostly. Next session I ramp'ed it to 1:22's . Now that pace is my K46 usual lap times with a PB at 1:21 on the K46 back in 2016 just after I added RCK3/HP power kit and started working with the DDC extensively. My next session out I was chasing a guy on a full race R6 that runs 1:19's and thought the monkey see monkey do idea of speed into the corners. If you carry alot of speed into a corner, you better we ready for the lean angles associated with actually making the corner. I managed to hit 61 degrees of lean angle. Everyone brag about Marc Marquez hitting 65 degrees a couple weeks ago and surviving to make another lap. I certainly feel that feeling now having survived 61 degrees on Pirelli SC1 slicks not really designed for that much lean angle on a stock bike. I ran 1:22 on that lap so all was good.

The Akra pipe cleaned up the wheelie control alot. I am sure you are thinking how did a full exhaust help in wheelie control. The torque curve. The torque curve changed enough that it matches the wheelie control parameters of the new 6 axis IMU. All you have to do is trust it and pin it. The control of the ECU is so nice you have maximum drive all the time with the front tire just slightly off the ground.

I have the new dyno graphs from the Race company in South Carolina now also. It is difficult to compare these numbers 100% because they are 2 weeks apart in the dyno sessions, and temp and humidity always plays a big part. Then there is the bike setup back on the dyno itself. They explain to me the detail they try very hard to use the same setup parameters each time including swingarm height strapping the rear down for maximum tire contact on the dyno wheel.

This is the 3rd gear pull. The ECU is stock with the Akra exhaust on the red line. The ECU is XWORKS with the Akra on the blue line. So we can see the nice HP and torque improvement in the mid 6500 to 8000.. then the nice HP and torque improvement from 13200 to the 14595.

Enjoy it if you got it !

Look forward to helping others as the new 2020 gets those break in miles shook off and making that decision to mod something that we all wish BMW could have made the best right off.

PS, I tried to blur out my happy face in that reflection on the left side. My gosh my smile riding that bike at race pace in 100 degree temps. The tires just stuck like glue on them.

A B, Elk, smash adams and 6 others like this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
post #109 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM

Great work!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Track Day 07_20_19 Cresson TEXAS

When to the track 1 week ago to shake down the new 2020 and what I needed to improve on. All I really ended up doing was programming other peoples ECU, and installing 2 Akra Full Exhaust on 2020's for the 1 week. I wanted to adjust rear height, replace the clip ons so I could adjust them in, drop the front gear to a 15, install the full Akra system. Well, all I got to do was install my full Akra system. However, so worth it on this XWORKS ECU. The shift cam really does work, and the pull all the way to 14,595 is awesome.

My warm up session I paced around at 1:24's. Came in and check pressures off the track, helped work on other people's bikes mostly. Next session I ramp'ed it to 1:22's . Now that pace is my K46 usual lap times with a PB at 1:21 on the K46 back in 2016 just after I added RCK3/HP power kit and started working with the DDC extensively. My next session out I was chasing a guy on a full race R6 that runs 1:19's and thought the monkey see monkey do idea of speed into the corners. If you carry alot of speed into a corner, you better we ready for the lean angles associated with actually making the corner. I managed to hit 61 degrees of lean angle. Everyone brag about Marc Marquez hitting 65 degrees a couple weeks ago and surviving to make another lap. I certainly feel that feeling now having survived 61 degrees on Pirelli SC1 slicks not really designed for that much lean angle on a stock bike. I ran 1:22 on that lap so all was good.

The Akra pipe cleaned up the wheelie control alot. I am sure you are thinking how did a full exhaust help in wheelie control. The torque curve. The torque curve changed enough that it matches the wheelie control parameters of the new 6 axis IMU. All you have to do is trust it and pin it. The control of the ECU is so nice you have maximum drive all the time with the front tire just slightly off the ground.

I have the new dyno graphs from the Race company in South Carolina now also. It is difficult to compare these numbers 100% because they are 2 weeks apart in the dyno sessions, and temp and humidity always plays a big part. Then there is the bike setup back on the dyno itself. They explain to me the detail they try very hard to use the same setup parameters each time including swingarm height strapping the rear down for maximum tire contact on the dyno wheel.

This is the 3rd gear pull. The ECU is stock with the Akra exhaust on the red line. The ECU is XWORKS with the Akra on the blue line. So we can see the nice HP and torque improvement in the mid 6500 to 8000.. then the nice HP and torque improvement from 13200 to the 14595.

Enjoy it if you got it !

Look forward to helping others as the new 2020 gets those break in miles shook off and making that decision to mod something that we all wish BMW could have made the best right off.

PS, I tried to blur out my happy face in that reflection on the left side. My gosh my smile riding that bike at race pace in 100 degree temps. The tires just stuck like glue on them.

BMW_388 likes this.
post #110 of 143 (permalink) Unread 07-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Elk

Yet another wonderful report!
BMW_388 likes this.

'15 S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in