2020 RR Post your mechanical issues - Page 16 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes4895 View Post
Is there a way to test or calibrate the quick shifter to ensure its within spec? just curious on what the procedure is. I have noticed it to be a little "Spongey" going into first... like a rubber band but other than that seems to be fine.
At this point you would have to take it to the dealer and ask that they reset adaptations. I don't think the GS911 works with the K-67 yet. Did the clutch develop excessive play when hot?

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
At this point you would have to take it to the dealer and ask that they reset adaptations. I don't think the GS911 works with the K-67 yet. Did the clutch develop excessive play when hot?
I waited until I got my exhaust and rear sets on. They wanted 250 to do the adoptions resets and I told them HELL NO. For one click of the button 250 they are crazy..... So when I heard there was a full ECU update out its now going to get done under warranty for free on Saturday
post #153 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I waited until I got my exhaust and rear sets on. They wanted 250 to do the adoptions resets and I told them HELL NO. For one click of the button 250 they are crazy..... So when I heard there was a full ECU update out its now going to get done under warranty for free on Saturday
That doesn't make sense. If the bike is not shifting properly they should fix it for free under warranty. Resetting adaptations would be their easiest and cheapest fix.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

post #154 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:44 PM

Resetting adaptations should be free really. I mean there is a little time to teach the quickshifter back in but you'd almost get away with that for free if you were a good customer and had a good relationship with your dealer.
post #155 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 AM

Question

Quote:
Wes did you say there is a new ECU out ?
Please report in if any of the big issues : cold start or poor power delivery are getting fixed by it ????

2020 BMW S1000 RR
2015 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Sold)
2012 BMW S1000 RR (Lost)
2018 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Ducati S2R 1000
post #156 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:21 AM

@paxman The ECU update is a campaign and addresses ignition timing at 14,200rpm. It is said to help with cold starts in combination with a adaptation reset. Nothing to do with emissions restrictions. It's a software update not a whole ECU.
paxman, BMW_388 and techno_violet like this.
post #157 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:52 AM

Someone here in AUS has some issue (Oil pump seal) any others have similar issues ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	202314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	202316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	202318  
bennymx likes this.
post #158 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:44 PM

Garage
Alright, I'm pissed.

I have no idea how the f*ck this happened. After a 20 minute commute to get something to eat, this is what I see when I park my bike:

There are 4 T25s that hold the fender on. 3 of the screws were missing and the 4th was barely screwed in. I have no idea how they vibrated themselves out. I've never taken the fender off, and the tech didn't take it off when he did the full exhaust. The only thing I can think of is that the dealership I purchased the bike from took the fender off when they did the radiator and oil cooler guards. But I don't think they'd need to take it off for that. Are these screws normally loctited from the factory? If not, I'd recommend you all check your fender screws. If the original dealership didn't remove the fender (and thus break the loctite seal) then this is something that could happen to anyone.

Last night I did some high-speed runs, got up to 184. Maybe the high vibration caused them to finesse their way out? I truly have no clue how the hell this happened.

I just called my local dealership and they said this will all be covered under warranty. I'm going to take a couple of T25s from the fairings to temporarily use to secure the fender for my ride to the dealership. They will hopefully have some extra screws. They said they're going to order a new fender and such, but they want to take a peek at it.

The fender got eaten into by my brake rotor. The rotor looks to be slightly damaged as well. Tire looks like it got worn down from rubbing a bit. Carbon wheel looks unharmed, but we'll be able to see once I clean it off.

I'm not too pleased about this one. I'll keep you all apprised with any updates.
smash adams and maybeinoregon like this.

2020 S1000RR M-Package
2014 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R6 (sold)
1979 Honda CB400 (sold)
post #159 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno_violet View Post
Alright, I'm pissed.

I have no idea how the f*ck this happened. After a 20 minute commute to get something to eat, this is what I see when I park my bike:

hey bro dunno if you noticed but you dropped your key

on the plus side you were probably pretty visible while lane splitting with a reflector that low
post #160 of 223 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 05:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash adams View Post
hey bro dunno if you noticed but you dropped your key

on the plus side you were probably pretty visible while lane splitting with a reflector that low
Haha you dog. Ruthless.
smash adams likes this.

2020 S1000RR M-Package
2014 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R6 (sold)
1979 Honda CB400 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode