2020 RR Post your mechanical issues - Page 14 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 233Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 01:59 AM

Iím pretty sure this is not mechanical! But my left handle and switch cluster rotates when I twist it. Iím sure this is not normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bennymx likes this.

2020 BMW S1000RR M (Street)
2013 BMW HP4 #2710 (Street)
2013 BMW S1000RR (Track)
2013 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Everything)
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2019 F150 SCREW LARIAT
Check out my IG Page... S1000RRGram
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:13 AM

There is a T15 Torx screw behind the left grip at the switch block end of the grip. Peel the grip back and you will see the screw. They come loose all the time on the other bikes with multi controllers. @BMW_388 has already had his come loose.
Elk likes this.
post #133 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
There is a T15 Torx screw behind the left grip at the switch block end of the grip. Peel the grip back and you will see the screw. They come loose all the time on the other bikes with multi controllers. @BMW_388 has already had his come loose.
3 times it came loose. Then 2 others here in DFW also I noticed and they did not until I told them the grip was too loose.

Elk, Fbto and bennymx like this.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion

post #134 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Elk

It appears a tiny bit of Loctite is in order.
wfo439 and BMW_388 like this.

'15 S1000RR
post #135 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 AM

The dealer said my bike is fixed and took it for a 30 mile test ride. It is going to be fairly nervous ride for me this weekend, as the bike shut down on me the last two times prior to this fix. Keep your fingers crossed and I hope to post that all is good by the end of the weekend.
post #136 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
The dealer said my bike is fixed and took it for a 30 mile test ride. It is going to be fairly nervous ride for me this weekend, as the bike shut down on me the last two times prior to this fix. Keep your fingers crossed and I hope to post that all is good by the end of the weekend.
Good luck.
post #137 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:44 PM

Garage
Not really mechanical, but an "issue" nonetheless.

My wonderwheel switch was a bit "clicky" / sticky when rotating it. Felt like something was getting caught within. Brought it up with the tech when I had my 600 mile service done a few weeks back. They said they felt it too, and ordered me a new part. Part came in the following day but I didn't want to go back to the dealership so soon.

Anyway, ended up going in yesterday. Took an hour, replaced under warranty (so no cost), new wheel feels smooth and great. No complaints here.
bennymx, wfo439, BMW_388 and 1 others like this.

2020 S1000RR M-Package
2014 Yamaha R6 (sold)
2007 Yamaha R6 (sold)
1979 Honda CB400 (sold)
post #138 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 PM

I always thought the thin discs would warp with lots of track days or races. The buttons that allow the discs to float may seize first. I know of one rider that has experienced this and is hoping for warranty repair.
BMW_388 likes this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
post #139 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:13 AM

So, my mechanical issue appears to be fixed. I now believe I know what part of the problem was. I donít recall hearing the engine fan cycle on and off when I had those problems. Sunday after getting the bike back, I heard the engine fan cycle on and off a bunch of times. On the previous days I had the problem, I did not know whether or not the fan came on, as I wasnít sure if it was quiet or made a lot of noise. The fan on my aprilia was so quiet that you did not hear it. As such, I think that the fan was not operating and that contributed to the problem. Other than that, the bike ran perfect. The bike also ran cooler than before during normal operation. Thank god, as I was losing my faith in it.
post #140 of 298 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
So, my mechanical issue appears to be fixed. I now believe I know what part of the problem was. I donít recall hearing the engine fan cycle on and off when I had those problems. Sunday after getting the bike back, I heard the engine fan cycle on and off a bunch of times. On the previous days I had the problem, I did not know whether or not the fan came on, as I wasnít sure if it was quiet or made a lot of noise. The fan on my aprilia was so quiet that you did not hear it. As such, I think that the fan was not operating and that contributed to the problem. Other than that, the bike ran perfect. The bike also ran cooler than before during normal operation. Thank god, as I was losing my faith in it.
I'm happy it's fixed, but I'm scared for the long term damage that overheating to the point of shutting off caused to the engine. Fortunately you have the history of repairs with the dealer so if there is a latent issue that arises down the road you should be covered no problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode