NO GAP INS !$$!$%^$%@ - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

NO GAP INS !$$!$%^$%@

Shoulda got it bike totaled so far they say the bike is worth 14k and didnt even have 1k mikes in it know of any recourse for me besides take it without even any KY jelly? my lawyer says it all wash out cuz it was hit n run anyway might take longer thou ,,,,, i want the bike NOW thou ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR1000MATT View Post
Shoulda got it bike totaled so far they say the bike is worth 14k and didnt even have 1k mikes in it know of any recourse for me besides take it without even any KY jelly? my lawyer says it all wash out cuz it was hit n run anyway might take longer thou ,,,,, i want the bike NOW thou ....
OUCH! that's why I asked about GAP on your Original Post. Wish I could give some advice, only thing I do know is on the car side you have to take it up the _______! 14k seems really low I'd say, brand new I understand it depreciates but damn near by half? Wow
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:56 AM

I think I'm talking to the same guy that wreaked 2020 S1KRR? If not, disregard.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 AM
sro

Seen this happen all too many times. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it. You might be able to argue the bike should be valued higher, but I don't think it will do much.

This is something to consider when one is making a purchase. I've seen people buy motor vehicles with no money down and eat the difference in a total loss.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Garage
It sucks that it's not full price, but it could have been much lower. If it's a premium model, then you are only being shafted by 3k? Technically less if you had a 1k deductible. IMO that's expected in this arena. Some people try to buy the bike back for cheap and part it out to recoup the loss.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
I think I'm talking to the same guy that wreaked 2020 S1KRR? If not, disregard.
i onky wrecked one bike it was a19 1000rr we talked bout it on another thread, in between getting another 19 or 20 i think i want the 20 ins co just stuck it right in thou
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
My $.02, when my bike got flooded during hurricane Harvey and of course totaled, BMW took care of me. We did a 3 way( that's a 3 way phone call you nasty bastards) 😋 and BMW said send us your evaluation, we will tell you what the bike is worth, this is a premium model so you might have missed some options and we want to make sure it is all accounted for. The adjuster said, so BMW is going to tell us what to pay and the rep said yes, that is the way it works for us. I loved it. Now I did have gap insurance through BMW, so I don't know if that played a part or what but State Farm paid it. I suggest talking to BMW and see if they can help.
If you recall how much was the cost of gap threw BMW dealer? I've got it threw my bank for $350 USD
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeWormInYourGut View Post
It sucks that it's not full price, but it could have been much lower. If it's a premium model, then you are only being shafted by 3k? Technically less if you had a 1k deductible. IMO that's expected in this arena. Some people try to buy the bike back for cheap and part it out to recoup the loss.
how does one go about doing this ? first bike i ever totaled
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH View Post
My $.02, when my bike got flooded during hurricane Harvey and of course totaled, BMW took care of me. We did a 3 way( that's a 3 way phone call you nasty bastards) 😋 and BMW said send us your evaluation, we will tell you what the bike is worth, this is a premium model so you might have missed some options and we want to make sure it is all accounted for. The adjuster said, so BMW is going to tell us what to pay and the rep said yes, that is the way it works for us. I loved it. Now I did have gap insurance through BMW, so I don't know if that played a part or what but State Farm paid it. I suggest talking to BMW and see if they can help.
i think GAP is what helped you nice decision i will most assuredly get it on next one and i may even try to enact it now on my kawi zx14 its brand new too its just better to keep cash id rather finance and keep the cash but iam making the mistake withOUT GAP
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
If you recall how much was the cost of gap threw BMW dealer? I've got it threw my bank for $350 USD
idk dude it was my dumb fault igot the tire package that iam told can be credited back on my next bmw purchase so thats a plus but the GAP IS A NO BRAINER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode