Review your new 2020 RR here - Page 3 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Also, can't forget the best of the best thing.. THIS QUICK SHIFT AND BLIPPER IS THE BEST THING to EVER hit a motorcycle. It wants to be MAX RPM(9K) and thrown into next gear with NO HESITATION! I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Discussing comfort and sportbikes reminds me of this video:

Funny video but I'm not even close to that size. I'm big but not that big haha
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:43 PM

Alright...I'll expand on this, but wanted to get a quick comparison to the V4S on here as well. Got 312 miles in today on it...and it was pretty comfortable.

The quickshifter blows the Ducati V4S QS out of the water. Smoother upshifts, smoother downshifts, don't need to close the throttle to blip down...superior in every way.

The power delivery is more linear/smooth than the Ducati and this isn't necessarily a bad thing (thanks Shift-cam).

This is the one that is going to start a **** storm...

The brakes on the BMW are better than the Ducati IMO. Noticeably better stock vs stock.

Not a huge fan of the cable clutch, it's definitely different than a hydraulic but I'll get used to it. At least I'm not bleeding it every 250 miles like the V4S.

There's really no comparison when it comes to all the creature features. The Ducati had none. The BMW has it all. Navigation, media, cruise control, heated grips...a fuel gauge.

The stock shift lever looks cheap on the BMW, as someone else mentioned.

The limiter is honestly a huge pain in the ass and dangerous...multiple times I was looking for "more" today and it just died at 9000. That's my main complaint, really, and it'll go away shortly.
A B, Fbto, TheRoadWarrior and 2 others like this.

post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaniDropper View Post
Alright...I'll expand on this, but wanted to get a quick comparison to the V4S on here as well. Got 312 miles in today on it...and it was pretty comfortable.

The quickshifter blows the Ducati V4S QS out of the water. Smoother upshifts, smoother downshifts, don't need to close the throttle to blip down...superior in every way.

The power delivery is more linear/smooth than the Ducati and this isn't necessarily a bad thing (thanks Shift-cam).

This is the one that is going to start a **** storm...

The brakes on the BMW are better than the Ducati IMO. Noticeably better stock vs stock.

Not a huge fan of the cable clutch, it's definitely different than a hydraulic but I'll get used to it. At least I'm not bleeding it every 250 miles like the V4S.

There's really no comparison when it comes to all the creature features. The Ducati had none. The BMW has it all. Navigation, media, cruise control, heated grips...a fuel gauge.

The stock shift lever looks cheap on the BMW, as someone else mentioned.

The limiter is honestly a huge pain in the ass and dangerous...multiple times I was looking for "more" today and it just died at 9000. That's my main complaint, really, and it'll go away shortly.

Well just think.. in 300 more miles you are going to be a very happy rider on a BMW.

Enjoy !
Fatal and PaniDropper like this.

Riding and loving my 2020 K67 with the custom XWORKS ECU
Check out MotoMillion ( forum Vendor section ) for all your needs in ECU work
Check out MotoMillion also has programming for RCK3 / HP power Kit enables now
Programmer for MotoMillion is myself ( BMW_388 )
I personally own the 2014, 2015, 2018, 2020 S1000RR
This makes for checking my ECU work is perfect every time sold by MotoMillion
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Well just think.. in 300 more miles you are going to be a very happy rider on a BMW.

Enjoy !
In Maine, you take sport bikes off roading a bit when you first get them. Then you find a friend and bring them back there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	murica1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	200766   Click image for larger version

Name:	murica.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	200768  
A B, Fbto, CYCLE_MONKEY and 1 others like this.
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:31 PM

Garage
What a sweet machine, still in the break in process but dang it’s sweet. It’s so lightweight feeling. Can’t wait to get the training wheels off.

2015 S1000RR Black Storm Metallic
2009 GSXR 750
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:17 PM

Just got my bike today. Believe it or not, haven’t had a damn chance to ride it due to family commitments. I did play with the Dash some, however ever, there is a lot to learn. Have any of added bar end weights or soft grips to quell any vibration?

Last edited by PNorris; 06-08-2019 at 07:37 PM.
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaniDropper View Post
In Maine, you take sport bikes off roading a bit when you first get them. Then you find a friend and bring them back there.
Thats awesome!

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Got mine today and rode down some twisties for 60 miles! Feels so great! The limiter is annoying for sure but that’s only for 600 miles. It’s kind of strange getting use to the clutchless downshifts at first but it works great. Dives into corners really nice and the brakes work well too. Can’t wait to get the dang limiter off. It makes some serious changes in power and in sound I figure due to the shift cam. Gonna go on a longer ride tomorrow. Overall it’s very confidence inspiring and there’s always more to lean into a corner if needed. (On the roads at least being that it’s not worth going full bore on the streets.)

1989 BMW E30 M3
2013 BMW S1000RR
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:28 PM

When i get mine I might map out a long ride through some back roads with a little highway riding

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode