Review your new 2020 RR here - Page 12 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 160Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:53 AM

Location: My new house (La Villa Strangiato!) in Rio Rancho NM, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
In the big city my friend.
Denver? Ugh, you poor bastard....

Making America Great Again, one melted snowflake at a time......

"Madness": 2015 Motorrad S1000RR with the DDC and "Forgies".
'01 Suzuki Gixxer 1k Blu/Wht (Sold - 79k miles).
'91 Kawasaki KX500 (Still got it).
'86 Suzuki Gixxer 1100 Blu/Wht (Sold - 68k miles).
'83 Suzuki GS1100ES Red/Blk (Sold - 60k miles).
'82 Yamaha 650 Maxim (Sold - 50k miles).

"Hangin's too good for 'im.....BURNIN'S too good for 'im.......he should be torn into little-bitsy pieces and BURIED ALIVE!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceV View Post
I do not have the new RR yet. I decided to wait until this winter - mostly because I will never ride it on the street and hoping most of what I want will start to become available to get it set up for the track by then.

I find this thread and the other threads helpful - certainly have to listen to anyone that owns one.

I've owned 3 RR's a 12,15 and my current 16. The 12 I did ride on the street and honestly I never could keep a handle on my self control (lack of it) and for me I have other bikes that just simply were way more comfortable that had good enough performance to keep me happy. I understand many riders only have the one bike so of course I get how important it is for them to make it as good as they can.

Bruce, very well written. I do have exactly the same experience. Also only ride 16 RR on track.

Planning on getting gen4 sometimes next year.
BruceV likes this.
post #113 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceV View Post
Please keep posting all of your experiences I for one really appreciate all your thoughts - I have a lot of months ahead of me before I pull the trigger so this stuff is all good.
Bruce...I didn't quote all your comments since everyone can read them, but it's funny...I was thinking I hadn't read anything from you in a while and wondered what you were up to. You answered the question...in spades! What a great set of comments you just made. And, like you, I'm finding this to be a great thread (and not because I'm the OP!).

The RR is a fantastic bike and I'm still totally happy with my '17 and in no hurry to trade it, but I understand the allure of a few more HP, especially when motorcycling journalists compare the literbike manufacturers' products and people want to own the "top dog". I'll never tap into the full potential of my '17, but when I'm in the mountains riding the twisties, the smile on my face would never let you know I'm not tapping into something really great.

Keep the reviews coming, guys...if nothing else, it's really fun reading. Great post, Bruce.
BruceV likes this.

post #114 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
Denver? Ugh, you poor bastard....
Beautiful here. But town is too big now. It's busy everywhere. Including up the mountains. All year round.....
post #115 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #68 View Post
Are lean angle, DTC % and brakes stored in memory and accessible after you turn ignition off and restart? (Without connecting the optional data logger.)
NO!! GRRRRRR, Not that I've been able to find at least.
post #116 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
NO!! GRRRRRR, Not that I've been able to find at least.
They reset once the ignition is turned off.
post #117 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:28 PM

I took delivery yesterday and the bike is absolutely amazing point blank. Like I said in the delivery thread Im 21 and this is my first 1000cc motorcycle but even for me the ride modes change the power delivery and make the bike very approachable and confidence inspiring. I rode about 100 miles yesterday and a lot of them in the dark and the lights are great I couldnt imagine a motorcycle having better headlights than most cars but this bike makes it very competitive. Very agile and just a fantastic bike.
post #118 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 PM

Garage
I was originally going to trade in my 18 for the 20 I pre ordered but I couldnt let go of it so I now have 2 s1000's. I must say even with it being locked at the moment due to break in i love it even more than the 18 its definitely more nimble. The dash has taken some getting used to but all in all I'm very impressed I diidnt think it could get better but they have surpassed my expectations. Cant wait to get it unlocked and really see what she'll do. Btw I'm in dfw Texas picked mine up last weekend.
post #119 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #68 View Post
I´ll have to talk to Motorrad Center about this, exactly the same issue on previous generations AND on the R (single R) bike. Not living up to BMW standards...
Received a written answer from the dealer, apparently there is a "service bulletin" issued (whatever that means).
"The clutch needs to break in and the more it is used the better it will be. At present, they do not mention any other action that would make this better."
bennymx likes this.
post #120 of 183 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:57 PM

This M seat is hard af. It has got to go.

I love the bike even with all its quirks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode