2019/2020 S1000RR Accessories - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 248Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
bennymx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
There. Just installed full exhaust with shorty GP slip on. That sh_t is loud!!!!

https://youtu.be/78ffWp_iMXA
Yeah hope ya got ear plugs. You'll need them.
bennymx is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:59 PM
z00
Senior Member
 
z00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Redline
Posts: 4,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
There. Just installed full exhaust with shorty GP slip on. That sh_t is loud!!!!
Sounds awesome! My taste in looks and noise level lol

How was the install? Kept stock O2 sensors? Block off plates or not?

Are you tuning it? Flash, PCV, or what?

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
2017 R6 (track)
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
z00 is offline  
post #63 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Yeah hope ya got ear plugs. You'll need them.
I listen to music with earbuds that's helps a bit lol
killerpitou is offline  
 
post #64 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
There. Just installed full exhaust with shorty GP slip on. That sh_t is loud!!!!
Sounds awesome! My taste in looks and noise level lol

How was the install? Kept stock O2 sensors? Block off plates or not?

Are you tuning it? Flash, PCV, or what?
Install was not bad. The O2 bangs are in different spots than the stock which is a bit weird. The left rear sensor the wires are hardly long enough to reach new spot but doable. Took me an hour and 15 minutes total. The install manual from Akra is very generic, half of it doesn't apply to this system despite some of it being specifically and with pictures of this bike. Very strange....glad it wasn't my first time....
So I kept all sensors for now. See how it behaves. Almost stalled quite a few times on first startup. It comes with block off plates from Akra but decided to leaves sensors in for now.

Tune seems unavoidable if the 2-3 gear flat spots remain after break in service. From my understanding, it's still there and it's unacceptable. If BMW fights me for the warranty I will fight back. Bike is not properly ridable as is at altitude. They should pay for the tune too. Won't hurt to remove top speed limiter either.....
z00 likes this.

Last edited by killerpitou; 06-16-2019 at 12:16 AM.
killerpitou is offline  
post #65 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:36 AM
Member
 
stu_h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
If BMW fights me for the warranty I will fight back. ....
Been there done that (with Another brand) its not worth the effort and sours the bike and riding..
bennymx likes this.
stu_h is offline  
post #66 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:50 AM
Senior Member
 
PaniDropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
Install was not bad. The O2 bangs are in different spots than the stock which is a bit weird. The left rear sensor the wires are hardly long enough to reach new spot but doable. Took me an hour and 15 minutes total. The install manual from Akra is very generic, half of it doesn't apply to this system despite some of it being specifically and with pictures of this bike. Very strange....glad it wasn't my first time....
So I kept all sensors for now. See how it behaves. Almost stalled quite a few times on first startup. It comes with block off plates from Akra but decided to leaves sensors in for now.

Tune seems unavoidable if the 2-3 gear flat spots remain after break in service. From my understanding, it's still there and it's unacceptable. If BMW fights me for the warranty I will fight back. Bike is not properly ridable as is at altitude. They should pay for the tune too. Won't hurt to remove top speed limiter either.....
Nobody is going to pay to tune your bike other than you. The bike still has the flat spot with the full exhaust (and after the limiter is removed) -- the bike needs a tune regardless of an exhaust upgrade.
Fbto likes this.
PaniDropper is offline  
post #67 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
wfo439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Ramon, CA
Posts: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
I am getting the smaller one. It will only sit at the front. The big one is way to big. Cant hang off or tuck properly.
Do you know if the Wunderlich tank bag will fit? Screw spacing looks about the same. It holds more than the small BMW one.

S 1000 SportBag (#36630000-004) S1000R 36630000-004 | BMW Wunderlich America

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain
wfo439 is offline  
post #68 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
bennymx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
Do you know if the Wunderlich tank bag will fit? Screw spacing looks about the same. It holds more than the small BMW one.

S 1000 SportBag (#36630000-004) S1000R 36630000-004 | BMW Wunderlich America
No idea. I would assume not.
bennymx is online now  
post #69 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
I listen to music with earbuds that's helps a bit lol
Any check engine lights with your exhaust?


ALSO 1200 dollars for REARSETS YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING... Ilemberger needs to come out with their carbon as well as it will be more reasonably priced. 1200 dollars for a rear hugger and a chain guard. I was going to just buy their rear sets if they were in the realm of 750 but unless they are made of 100 percent titanium it is not worth it.
wes4895 is offline  
post #70 of 382 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Fbto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,962
2019/2020 S1000RR Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes4895 View Post
Any check engine lights with your exhaust?





ALSO 1200 dollars for REARSETS YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING... Ilemberger needs to come out with their carbon as well as it will be more reasonably priced. 1200 dollars for a rear hugger and a chain guard. I was going to just buy their rear sets if they were in the realm of 750 but unless they are made of 100 percent titanium it is not worth it.


I want a ilmberger long spoiler


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wes4895 likes this.

2020 BMW S1000RR M (Street)
2013 BMW HP4 #2710 (Street)
2013 BMW S1000RR (Track)
2013 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Everything)
2013 BMW HP4 #0162 (STOLEN JUNE 17, 2014!!!)
2019 F150 SCREW LARIAT
Check out my IG Page... S1000RRGram
Fbto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M Accessories for 2019 RR bennymx BMW S1000RR/R/XR/HP4 Videos 6 04-07-2019 06:48 PM
What spec 2019/2020 s1000rr did you choose. Stewierr New Members "Must Start Here" 8 03-21-2019 08:01 PM
The Official "I do not like the factory color options on the 2020 S1000RR thread jmatta33 S1000RR/HP4 Appearance 57 02-07-2019 03:37 PM
What to expect with the 2019/2020 bike Fatal BMW S1000RR General Discussion 18 01-17-2019 09:33 PM
2020 Optional Accessories? What are you getting? Fbto BMW S1000RR General Discussion 4 11-18-2018 05:51 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome