What are you doing first to your 2020 RR? Post pics or links of your future mods - Page 8 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
View Poll Results: What are you doing first
Fender Eliminator 14 31.82%
Radiator and oil cooler guard set 10 22.73%
Fuel tank protector 3 6.82%
Frame/axle sliders 3 6.82%
Exhaust/tune 13 29.55%
Rearsets 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Thats awesome! Can't wait to see pictures of all that installed on your bike.

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:20 AM

Garage
Looks like Evotech tail tidy is now available: https://www.motovationusa.com/tail-t...W-S1000RR-2020
post #73 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmten View Post
Looks like Evotech tail tidy is now available: https://www.motovationusa.com/tail-t...W-S1000RR-2020
NRC should be available July-August

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

post #74 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:27 PM

Garage
Bike looks so badass with the tail tidy in this 3/4 rear view https://www.motovationusa.com/images...000RR-2020.jpg
post #75 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Recently I been moving around the TFT cluster on my bench setup. Dont touch the screen with your hands. It is so difficult to clean these screens.
I work at a BMW Motorrad dealer cleaning bikes. Cleaning the TFT screens (all BMWs with TFT screens essentially have the same screen) is a PITA. A little dab of BMW Body and Bike shower gel on a clean dry microfibre will generally produce acceptable results, but IMHO a screen protector is a must.

SpeedoAngels sell affordable screen protectors, which a few of our customers have. They are now my favourite customers.

N.B. I've never seen the BMW screen protectors, and have no doubt that they are top notch, but if you don't want to spend that much, get something.
post #76 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Recently I been moving around the TFT cluster on my bench setup. Dont touch the screen with your hands. It is so difficult to clean these screens.
I work at a BMW Motorrad dealer cleaning bikes. Cleaning the TFT screens (all BMWs with TFT screens essentially have the same screen) is a PITA. A little dab of BMW Body and Bike shower gel on a clean dry microfibre will generally produce acceptable results, but IMHO a screen protector is a must.

SpeedoAngels sell affordable screen protectors, which a few of our customers have. They are now my favourite customers.

N.B. I've never seen the BMW screen protectors, and have no doubt that they are top notch, but if you don't want to spend that much, get something.

Thank you👍
post #77 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Cleaning the TFT screens (all BMWs with TFT screens essentially have the same screen) is a PITA.
why dont BMW just build a screen that doesnt suck balls from the factory... clearly they have the ability to build a screen protector, and they know its necessary... just build the damn thing into the TFT in the first place.... bunch of assholes they are.
post #78 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadWarrior View Post
why dont BMW just build a screen that doesnt suck balls from the factory... clearly they have the ability to build a screen protector, and they know its necessary... just build the damn thing into the TFT in the first place.... bunch of assholes they are.
Unfortunately, BMW in their infinite wisdom chose not to include me in the decision making process, or share their reasons with me. Go figure...

Personally, if I'm buying a ~17k bike which would drastically benefit from a 10 screen protector, I just buy the screen protector (and try to give others a 'heads up') rather than bitch about it on a private forum, but that's just me.
the_gooch and bennymx like this.
post #79 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:41 PM

I bought the Evo Tech tail tidy and stand spools soon as I saw them available.

Exhaust is gonna wait until we have more info for fueling and also maybe seeing what's available from Arrow / SC Project.
post #80 of 196 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:

SpeedoAngels sell affordable screen protectors, which a few of our customers have. They are now my favorite customers.

Based on all these comments ( thank you!) and for the modest riskless amount of $13.88 I ordered the nano-glass version of the 2020 screen protector from speedoangel on Ebay. And prepare myself for comments from my OCD Mr. perfect S1000RR buddy who will consider nothing short of the official ///M protector for his bike. Should leave me enough gas money to get the bike through the break in however
skapan, bennymx and andyf like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode