What are you doing first to your 2020 RR? Post pics or links of your future mods - Page 11 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
View Poll Results: What are you doing first
Fender Eliminator 14 31.82%
Radiator and oil cooler guard set 10 22.73%
Fuel tank protector 3 6.82%
Frame/axle sliders 3 6.82%
Exhaust/tune 13 29.55%
Rearsets 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
I just bought evotech front and rear axle sliders, rear swingarms spools, frame sliders and tail tidy fender eliminator. All from evotech. Parts options are limited right now but hoping evotech parts are good.

Pending orders: bmw tft screen, bmw rad/oil guard.
Go to your dealership, I bought the front and rear axle sliders. $240 USD for ///M series. They are on the bike now. I was told they will NOT MAKE frame sliders. I went in to ask about rear sets, clutch & break levers (///M series ones) still not available for order yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:54 AM

thats weird in Canada dealer can preorder M rear sets tho I have placed my order 3 weeks ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
Quote:
I just bought evotech front and rear axle sliders, rear swingarms spools, frame sliders and tail tidy fender eliminator. All from evotech. Parts options are limited right now but hoping evotech parts are good.

Go to your dealership, I bought the front and rear axle sliders. $240 USD for ///M series. They are on the bike now. I was told they will NOT MAKE frame sliders. I went in to ask about rear sets, clutch & break levers (///M series ones) still not available for order yet
post #103 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwo Lee View Post
thats weird in Canada dealer can preorder M rear sets tho I have placed my order 3 weeks ago

Quote:
Quote:

Send me your "cash app" and I'll send you the money ship them to me. Haha

I was told unable to order them. Dealership told me check back in a week or two. I've seen in the flesh all the carbon peices and the smoke windscreen. They have all that on shelves.

post #104 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Well for the radiator guards the main purpose isn’t just to protect from rock chips and stuff from damaging the radiator , I don’t see how bmw can badly or poorly to block the rock chips , and especially a aftermarket parts is going to costs almost 3times more of the factory parts and purpose is the same vs OEM parts , nah I will pass after market in this case
I think the shark gill was more for aesthetics than aerodynamics/airflow, how could they have messed that up? I don't know, but that seems easier than a protection part. They also managed to clear coat about half the fairings, so again...maybe blind trust here isn't the best is all I'm getting at. I am interested to hear your opinion of them when they arrive.

I've used Evotech guards (and several other brands) on other bikes and have found Evotech to be the best quality/fit compared to the rest. They are not overly expensive and I don't think people who have seen them in person or used them before have an issue recommending them.
post #105 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:11 AM

You can go on Highroad Vancouver website and email the parts department to get the 2020 s1000rr M rearsets for your that’s where I ordered mine oh and remember to screen shot the rear set when you email them so they don’t get wrong items for you and then ship it over to US that way they hope that helps 🙂

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Send me your "cash app" and I'll send you the money ship them to me. Haha

I was told unable to order them. Dealership told me check back in a week or two. I've seen in the flesh all the carbon peices and the smoke windscreen. They have all that on shelves.
post #106 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Official Dealer

Or you could order them for me. The Canadian exchange rate isnít beneficial.
Quote:
You can go on Highroad Vancouver website and email the parts department to get the 2020 s1000rr M rearsets for your thatís where I ordered mine oh and remember to screen shot the rear set when you email them so they donít get wrong items for you and then ship it over to US that way they hope that helps 🙂

'13 HP4 #1240
'71 CT-70
post #107 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:26 PM

This should be the first mod for M package owners, standard seat! The seat cushion is like the previous RR, firm but not painful like the M seat. Also picked up the BMW tinted tall windscreen and BMW radiator guards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat - Copy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	201162  
post #108 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindarin View Post
This should be the first mod for M package owners, standard seat! The seat cushion is like the previous RR, firm but not painful like the M seat. Also picked up the BMW tinted tall windscreen and BMW radiator guards.
Im guessing the standard seat made the seat height higher? There 3 m seats. Low, regular and high seat. I wonder where that seat you purchased falls on. 32”,32.4”, 33.4”
post #109 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:22 PM

Just installed the BMW radiator and oil cooler guards. For $62 they are extremely nice. The bodywork is already set up to accept these guards. They attach via metal clips to the bodywork. Once the bodywork is reinstalled, they fit nice and tightly. The plastic feels like it could take a massive hit from road debris and be fine. Feels to be very durable. I can recommend these.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	702B271D-0A2F-4CC8-8ADD-06FCB04965DB_1561839576887.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	201164   Click image for larger version

Name:	41294448-A835-4627-AF87-40995F551773_1561839595837.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	201166  
post #110 of 196 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
Just installed the BMW radiator and oil cooler guards. For $62 they are extremely nice. The bodywork is already set up to accept these guards. They attach via metal clips to the bodywork. Once the bodywork is reinstalled, they fit nice and tightly. The plastic feels like it could take a massive hit from road debris and be fine. Feels to be very durable. I can recommend these.
Thanks for the pics. They do look nice and durable. I just ordered these. Was going to go with the evotechs but m guard was a lot cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode