Delivery dates for the 2020 S1000RR - Page 32 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #311 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatWilbur View Post
Anyone looking for 2020 S1000RR M? Today I went to the opening of BMW Motorcycles of Greater Cincinatti.

https://www.facebook.com/BMWMOTORCYC...TERCINCINNATI/

They had two in their possession and sold one. One is left...sitting in showroom. Contact Marty Desper at (513) 849-8686
Another bike that seems to be on the sale-floor if anyone is looking to scoop one up:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...0RR-5008217046

Can't wait for mine to make its way to me from Florida! There seem to be a few gems scattered around the country for those who'd rather not wait until September-ish for new bikes to arrive.

Edit: looks like the bike has sold

Last edited by techno_violet; 07-02-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Url link dead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:57 PM

So tempting when I see one available but being so close to the new production run Iím willing to wait it out in case something electronic is changed/updated. If it gets too close to winter for me then I will just pick one up early spring to maximize my warranty time.

2014 HP4 Comp #5961
post #313 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal View Post
So tempting when I see one available but being so close to the new production run Iím willing to wait it out in case something electronic is changed/updated. If it gets too close to winter for me then I will just pick one up early spring to maximize my warranty time.
Yeah, true. I'm planning on tuning mine, and California winters are ride-friendly so getting one now made sense for me. Sounds like waiting might be better for you! But I do hope for everyone's sake that BMW does some sort of map update though. Especially for those who are averse to tunes.

post #314 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:26 AM

Garage
Still no news on the next delivery dates? I have a VIN number and it was built in early May. My dealer keeps telling me that it should be here any time now. He's been saying that since the end of May.......

Meanwhile, I have a couple of questions for those who have them. First, I've not read anywhere about the steering damper. I assume it comes with an adjustable one but is it Ohlins/Sachs or who? Second, does it come with a slipper clutch? If so, is the amount of engine braking adjustable? My Aprilia has that and I really like that on the track. Last question, do the Euro bikes come with a tinted windscreen? I keep seeing bikes with them and I even started to think it would be delivered that way. However, all the US bikes I've seen have the lame clear one. Is that another US downgrade?

Beyond just waiting for the bike to appear, I guess I will keep ordering parts. Anyone know of a dark windscreen already available? Puig has part numbers but I haven't found any in stock.

Thanks again guys for the forum and the group therapy!

Chris....
post #315 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:26 AM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up5dn View Post
Still no news on the next delivery dates? I have a VIN number and it was built in early May. My dealer keeps telling me that it should be here any time now. He's been saying that since the end of May.......

Meanwhile, I have a couple of questions for those who have them. First, I've not read anywhere about the steering damper. I assume it comes with an adjustable one but is it Ohlins/Sachs or who? Second, does it come with a slipper clutch? If so, is the amount of engine braking adjustable? My Aprilia has that and I really like that on the track. Last question, do the Euro bikes come with a tinted windscreen? I keep seeing bikes with them and I even started to think it would be delivered that way. However, all the US bikes I've seen have the lame clear one. Is that another US downgrade?

Beyond just waiting for the bike to appear, I guess I will keep ordering parts. Anyone know of a dark windscreen already available? Puig has part numbers but I haven't found any in stock.

Thanks again guys for the forum and the group therapy!

Chris....
You can PM me your VIN you have and maybe I can help in your status on your bike.

Steering damper is the same as K46 but flipped around. Adjustment knob on left side. I like the OEM damper and never had an issue with it. Sashs appears to be the same maker.

The slipper clutch is as good or maybe better on the K67.

///M gets Race Pro 1 2 3 which has adjustable engine braking.

The only wind screen for the bike is clear. If there is a tinted on there someone ordered it and put it on there. BMW has 3 options on this, and tint is one of them. I ordered a tint double from https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...w-s1000rr-2019 here on the forum. It is MRA which is claimed to be the same as the WSBK bikes.
bennymx and 1up5dn like this.

2020 K67 ///M Programmed XWORKS ECU by me
2018 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2017 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2015 K46 RCK3 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
2014 K46 RCK2 / HP Power Kit'ed ECU by me
Thanks to MotoMillion.com for the support and selling my programming
PM me for any tech support and feature details on XWORKS ECU's

Last edited by BMW_388; 07-03-2019 at 05:28 AM.
post #316 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:08 AM

Garage
Thank you for the reply. Always appreciate the information and insight that you provide.

I don't have the VIN but my dealership does. I can call next week and ask for it. They called a BMW rep last week and said they should hear back in a day or so and would call me. Now it's been 10 days since then, so I assume they didn't get any answers.

However, being in AZ, this is our down time so I am trying to be patient. That being said, I have a track day at the end of August so I was hoping to have it and get it set up before that.
post #317 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 12:00 PM

So far, ive only seen the MRA windscreen from motomollion. I ordered and should get it in a couple of days.

https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...15935137382466
Fbto and wfo439 like this.
post #318 of 318 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rbatim View Post
So far, ive only seen the MRA windscreen from motomollion. I ordered and should get it in a couple of days.

https://www.motomillion.com/collecti...15935137382466
hhrperformance.com has smoked, clear, black. I also ordered from Mani should be here Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode