Bren Tune - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000rrLee View Post
I did take into consideration the rapid bike with auto tune, but I was impressed with all the alocades Bren Tuning has been getting, and I was also told that getting the ECU flashed is a better option than piggyback systems like rapid bike and power Commander...but at the end of the day, I know there are a lot of people who really like rapid bike. I just got a great deal on black Friday with Bren and made a road trip out of it. You can send your ECU down to Bren and they can flash it and send it back to you. The instructions are on their website. I just wanted to do it in person and have them dyno the bike as well. And as an aside, with the factory alarm taking up space, I would have had to remove the alarm in order to install the rapid bike unit. I am happy with Bren, but I am sure I would have been happy with rapid bike as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback. I still need to consider pros and cons on those three choices and this has helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

When ioriginally got my bike, I thought I'd be happy with just the slip on. Then eventually I wanted a full exhaust. From there I just wanted what was the most cost efficient way to maximize the fueling to compensate for the full exhaust. But after researching, I realised that I had already spent a lot of money on the bike, and I didn't want to cheap out on anything, and to me Bren Tuning wasnt cheap, but offered the most gains, and I clearly wasn't disappointing the results.

'18 S1000rr
'16 S1000XR (sold)
'15 S1000RR(STOLEN)
'07 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special (sold)
Old 03-28-2019, 05:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebladder View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Would you say the PCV would have been enough if you had to start all over again?.
Thats hard to say. Initially when i got the Brentune flash for the first time, I noticed a big difference with the flash, even running as rich as it was. However, I had a 2011 R1 prior to this bike and I installed a PCV, velocity stacks, and had the bike dynotuned and I got 12 hp out of those modifications. It made 161 hp on the dyno. Obviously these bikes are running much more power out the gate so with a PCV and dynotune, Im sure you will be more than happy. I guess the question you would have to answer is, how much do you want to spend and are you willing to deal with some possible hiccups.

I will say, it would be much easier to just install a PCV and get a dynotune... zero hiccups with that route. Maybe do some research and see how much power these bikes are making with the PCV setup alone and go from there.

I'm very happy with the final product of the Brentune and PCV but it did come with some hiccups and back and forth stuff. Fortunately, it all was taken care of over the winter so I didnt skip a beat.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
When ioriginally got my bike, I thought I'd be happy with just the slip on. Then eventually I wanted a full exhaust. From there I just wanted what was the most cost efficient way to maximize the fueling to compensate for the full exhaust. But after researching, I realised that I had already spent a lot of money on the bike, and I didn't want to cheap out on anything, and to me Bren Tuning wasnt cheap, but offered the most gains, and I clearly wasn't disappointing the results.

I believe the main thing is to get rid of the heavy CAT and its exhaust restrictions. Evidently, some fuel/air adjustment across the RPM range is required to balance the engine's performance following the CAT removal. I also believe the original headers are well-engineered by BMW, and aside from a Titanium weight advantage, full exhaust replacement may not be necessary, in my opinion. This is where your experiences help me decide. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2019, 11:06 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStiglets View Post
Thats hard to say. Initially when i got the Brentune flash for the first time, I noticed a big difference with the flash, even running as rich as it was. However, I had a 2011 R1 prior to this bike and I installed a PCV, velocity stacks, and had the bike dynotuned and I got 12 hp out of those modifications. It made 161 hp on the dyno. Obviously these bikes are running much more power out the gate so with a PCV and dynotune, Im sure you will be more than happy. I guess the question you would have to answer is, how much do you want to spend and are you willing to deal with some possible hiccups.

I will say, it would be much easier to just install a PCV and get a dynotune... zero hiccups with that route. Maybe do some research and see how much power these bikes are making with the PCV setup alone and go from there.

I'm very happy with the final product of the Brentune and PCV but it did come with some hiccups and back and forth stuff. Fortunately, it all was taken care of over the winter so I didnt skip a beat.
Yes, the problem is I am not able to have Dyno-tunning services in my country, so I'm looking for a plug-and-play arrangement (maybe even using fueling maps from proven Dyno tests in similar conditions). Yet, the idea of a constant adaptive process offered by RapidBike EVO is tempting. OTOH, I'm not familiarized enough with the Brentune alternative yet, which also offers advantages.

Last edited by Firebladder; 03-29-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 03-29-2019, 03:16 PM

In fact, I would need something constantly adapting to the circumstances as well as not needing Dyno runs with the bike. What exactly does the Bren Tune approach offers? I apoligize for the nagging, I just need to decide soon.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:51 AM

It seems after reading more about the topic, my best approach would be to install the PCV and add the Auto Tune. That way, I can ensure gradual optimization of the mapping over time without the need for a dyno session. Does this make any sense? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Nothing wrong with PCV with auto tune...good luck and let us how how she does once you have it installed!

'18 S1000rr
'16 S1000XR (sold)
'15 S1000RR(STOLEN)
'07 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special (sold)
Old 04-05-2019, 10:57 PM

bike is so fast stock its scary to make it go faster lol
Old 04-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Nothing wrong with PCV with auto tune...good luck and let us how how she does once you have it installed!

Might suggest the SFM to maximize the upper fuel range as well. Had mine done at Attack Performance and Iím very pleased with the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in