Brembo XR01171 billet master cylinder - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Member

The stock one works just fine. You have to cut all the zip ties holding it in place. then move it from around a part of the bracket at the subframe... Once you get it all stretched out from the ABS module toward the rear it is long enough to go under the swingarm. Put the VSS cable and sensor in place on the bracket. Put the underslug bracket on the swingarm next with only the cable attached to it. Then mount the brake caliper to the bracket, then attach the brake line to the caliper.

The brake line hose will run right next to the exhaust, but there is enough clearance with air circulation I have never had that line feel hot ever. I zip tied it to the muffler support mounting hole. If you are using that muffler supporting mounting hole for your muffler, then you might need to create a bracket to go on there to zip tie to so the line does not bounce around next to the swingarm. I will try to take a pic tomorrow if you want to see my routing.
codypendant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
The stock one works just fine. You have to cut all the zip ties holding it in place. then move it from around a part of the bracket at the subframe... Once you get it all stretched out from the ABS module toward the rear it is long enough to go under the swingarm. Put the VSS cable and sensor in place on the bracket. Put the underslug bracket on the swingarm next with only the cable attached to it. Then mount the brake caliper to the bracket, then attach the brake line to the caliper.

The brake line hose will run right next to the exhaust, but there is enough clearance with air circulation I have never had that line feel hot ever. I zip tied it to the muffler support mounting hole. If you are using that muffler supporting mounting hole for your muffler, then you might need to create a bracket to go on there to zip tie to so the line does not bounce around next to the swingarm. I will try to take a pic tomorrow if you want to see my routing.

A pic would be awesome! Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
I have this rear setup exactly. The Taiwan bracket is very nice. Works great. The caliper is the only way to go with quick rear tire / wheel changes.

Back in the day when my stuff was so shiny and new.... the smell of clean new billet parts...
Of all our members, you have devoted the most research into components and brake pads over the last few years. All the predictions of a late/ Sept. release of the 2020 sent me off the deep end. The AFM season ends in October which pretty much made the new bike worthless to include in this years plans. I've wanted the Brake Tech CMC discs since 2015 and sadly he can't seem to produce them. Finishing touches for this year's mods are the Sicom Dual Matrix carbon/ceramic rotors front and rear. Should arrive in 3 weeks.
BMW_388 and codypendant like this.

Too much of anything is bad,
but too much good whiskey is barely enough.
~ Mark Twain

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:08 AM
Lifetime Member

Dont be posting pictures of those ceramic rotors Bob... making me have to invest more money in braking... ok, my delay right now in already buying those ceramic rotors is the finish of the build up on the 15. I put that new timing chain in. 24000 miles rarely less than 9k RPM... poor engine. So, I upgraded the complete electronics to 18 wiring, ESA, ABS, and of course ECU and cluster. Then it is now has a track body from Italy. It is finally ready for testing and the temps this week are in the 70's. Once I am satisfied with the build, I will invest in new GP4's, CNC Master.. the under slug stuff is already on order, but the bracket is now on back order.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Elk

My Z06 has carbon ceramic rotors and pads. They are magnificent, but expensive.

The rotors weigh approximately 10 pounds less than iron discs, possess incredibly stopping power with no fade, essentially no dust. They are good for the life of the car in street use.

Interestingly, one determines wear by weighing them. They do not lose thickness, but lose material internally.

Iron rotors wear proportionately to the kinetic energy the rotors absorb. Small, light applications with time to cool increases their life. Iron rotors wear quickly with hard, hot application.

Carbon rotors wear less when hot and with hard stops. Carbon fiber brakes wear proportionately to the total number of brake applications. Thus, a single hard application leads to less wear than several lighter applications. In addition, cold stops leads to more wear in carbon brakes. That is, they wear the least when hot and used hard.

What could be more perfect for racing?
BMW_388 likes this.

'15 S1000RR
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypendant View Post
A pic would be awesome! Thanks for the reply.

My stock hose and VSS route. Just a simple zip tie to secure from moving around.

codypendant likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
My stock hose and VSS route. Just a simple zip tie to secure from moving around.

So you just cut the oem ties from the subframe and stretch it out?

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codypendant View Post
So you just cut the oem ties from the subframe and stretch it out?

Yes, there is alot of brake line zip tied up in the subframe bracket. just clip all the ties, pull all the line out toward the rear.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

This is what I would like to do with mine. Custom lines behind the swingarm (isn't that Suter swingarm sexy? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by codypendant; 03-28-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode