"OFFICIAL 2020 BMW S1000RR" release info and facts - Page 55 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #541 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronico View Post
Buy the red one and make those upgrades
More likely to keep my '15 and finish those upgrades!
nougiw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:16 AM

One if the reviews from Estroli claimed the brakes as the weak point, noticeable.
post #543 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3rL8 View Post
One if the reviews from Estroli claimed the brakes as the weak point, noticeable.

Brakes can be just as much as an opinion as the color of the bike is beautiful solid red, or motorsports blue white with red.

The brembo's will always carry more weight and rating because they are so highly used in MotoGP, WSBK, and OEM for Porsche and Ferrari. You first look up Hayes and you see mountain bike. WTF is that on a 20k+ BMW.

BMW had to cut cost of components that carry a brand name they pay royalties to. I am sure they negotiated very hard with Brembo and asked to help in the cost cutting so the "M" package could come in under the 25k figure. Its just my opinion of course on the actions taken with the K67 build. No one complained that much about the bite point on the K46 09-19. That just adds up to alot of gold calipers with BREMBO on the side of them. Those Hayes will get by for most riders out there. The bad is that for every one legitimate complain about fading from a pro level rider, 10 other want a be pro riders are going to follow right along and complain too.

Fading and bit points can be controlled with types of pads, fluids, and even down to your style of riding. Hayes is going to work, its just not going to work for a pro level rider that has BREMBO ingrained into their minds.

You cannot just forget the brakes because anytime you go fast, you got to stop sometime. The K67 is being presented as one fast sportbike bragging 1.5 seconds off your average lap times. Well, that might be just for the first 4 laps before the front brake start to fade out on you, BUT, it did go faster. That was one of the targets. BMW engineers just didnt get to put in the stop fast good stuff that last 22 laps. Most club sprint races are 6-8 laps. Most people are going to make it. Some will not and be buying new calipers from .. maybe @the_gooch .. haha..
the_gooch, paxman and wfo439 like this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland

Last edited by BMW_388; 03-24-2019 at 12:18 PM.

post #544 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Yeah K67 will be the model code. The compliance won't matter. It's being called a 2019 and to some extent it will be a 2019. Just a very late 2019.
Considering BMW is already selling the 2019 in the USA and it's the older gen, it will be even more confusing to have old gen 2019 and new gen 2019 out at the same time. Also, may want to change title of this thread to 2019/2020 then, let's all jump on the BMW marketing crazy train

The 2019: https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/mo...t/s1000rr.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap0007.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	199290  

Last edited by eagle734; 03-24-2019 at 11:49 AM.
post #545 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
Brakes can be just as much as an opinion as the color of the bike is beautiful solid red, or motorsports blue white with red.

The brembo's will always carry more weight and rating because they are so highly used in MotoGP, WSBK, and OEM for Porsche and Ferrari. You first look up Hayes and you see mountain bike. WTF is that on a 20k+ BMW.

BMW had to cut cost of components that carry a brand new they pay royalties to. I am sure they negotiated very hard with Brembo and asked to help in the cost cutting so the "M" package could come in under the 25k figure. Its just my opinion of course on the actions taken with the K67 build. No one complained that much about the bite point on the K46 09-19. That just adds up to alot of gold calipers with BREMBO on the side of them. Those Hayes will get by for most riders out there. The bad is that for every one legitimate complain about fading from a pro level rider, 10 other want a be pro riders are going to follow right along and complain too.

Fading and bit points can be controlled with types of pads, fluids, and even down to your style of riding. Hayes is going to work, its just not going to work for a pro level rider that has BREMBO ingrained into their minds.

You cannot just forget the brakes because anytime you go fast, you got to stop sometime. The K67 is being presented as one fast sportbike bragging 1.5 seconds off your average lap times. Well, that might be just for the first 4 laps before the front brake start to fade out on you, BUT, it did go faster. That was one of the targets. BMW engineers just didnt get to put in the stop fast good stuff that last 22 laps. Most club sprint races are 6-8 laps. Most people are going to make it. Some will not and be buying new calipers from .. maybe @the_gooch .. haha..
I agree with you. Minimum will do, as long as they do what they are supposed to do.

It will be interesting to see how the bike will stock up against the competition. We'll see if this will hurt BMW, and i am assuming it will. But you know, give it 2-3 years and we'll see BMW put up more color options and negotiate Brembo setup.
post #546 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3rL8 View Post
I wish there was a report to show what percentage of RR owners actually track their bikes more than once or twice per year. Fair to assume majority don’t, and even if The new brakes werent as good as the Brembos, it’s only for those tiny percentage of “trackers” who anyways upgrade their bikes to their specific needs.
Only time could tell, but for now I’m eager to see the US tail light picture, I’m young enough to adapt myself to the new brakes.
post #547 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:06 PM

Garage
While the Brembo calipers on the previous bikes were great, I think everyone is forgetting that these were still a "built to a budget" bmw caliper by Brembo. Not a Brembo part. Much the same as these new Hayes calipers will be also. Quality by brand association can sometimes be more for marketing purpose than anything.
TheRoadWarrior and 79S1000RR like this.

2020 M Sport ordered
2017 RR road (RIP)
2010 RR track
@andrew_s1000rr
post #548 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:37 PM
z00

Hayes will be fine unless rider is pro. Interestingly Ducati did not replace V4R calipers for WSBk, but BMW did. And that says enough about stock calipers on new RR.

People get stuck in brand names (Brembo, etc...). Not many people know that brand name parts on mass produced vehicles are not the same quality as aftermarket parts from the same manufacturer. Compare Ohlins that come OEM on Aprilia or Ducati to aftermarket Ohlins. Or Brembo calipers, tolerances and quality are all different. I'm sure BMW put enough testing and research into their parts to ensure they meet their needs.

In some of new RR promotion videos BMW admits RR is street focused, latest RR is trying to be more track friendly. Will see how that goes.
McRR likes this.

2015 s1000RR (dead)
2016 R1
>10K club president.

--------------------------------------------
If you ain't slidin', you ain't got enough lube
post #549 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:46 PM

Garage
You can bet that the V4R factory calipers would have to be almost cream of the crop for the price of the bike!

2020 M Sport ordered
2017 RR road (RIP)
2010 RR track
@andrew_s1000rr
post #550 of 974 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRR View Post
You can bet that the V4R factory calipers would have to be almost cream of the crop for the price of the bike!
It's a joke, really. Even the BASE model Ducati V4 has better brakes. A real disappointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode