"OFFICIAL 2020 BMW S1000RR" release info and facts - Page 153 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1492Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1521 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:13 AM
Member
 
andyf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sro View Post
Do you think 650ib’s review from his type of riding will garner positive feedback?
You dissin' my good buddy? You lookin' for a smackdown on the filthy streets?
andyf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1522 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
TONE_757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sro View Post
Do you think 650ib’s review from his type of riding will garner positive feedback?
You dissin' my good buddy? You lookin' for a smackdown on the filthy streets? [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

This smackdown is sponsored my our good buddy Manny over at moto million. 🤣
TONE_757 is offline  
post #1523 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:46 AM
sro
Moderator
 
sro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
All reviews are biased - whether through 'commercial incentives' or simply rose-tinted glasses/prejudices, or even lack of sufficient experience of other bikes to enable the reviewer to be objective.
I agree with this. That was my point. I get what flyryder is looking for. He wants feedback from member who aren’t editorial staff. I don’t know if these members can provide the best “real world” feedback. What is it based on? Are they moving from 2017 to 2020? Are they track rider or canyon carvers? Maybe they are drag racing. Maybe they are just street riders. I bring up a certain YouTube personality because he has a 20+ minute video comparing his HP4 to his 1199. Was that a real world review? Yes it was. Do I think it was useful? Absolutely not. Would a real world ergonomics review be appreciated if someone is planning to put helibars on it?
sro is offline  
 
post #1524 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:35 AM
Moderator
 
bennymx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,737
Reviews typically don't mean crap unless its specific to what you will use the bike for. Sure all the track reviews and world launch reviews will still tell you what the bike is like across a wide range of conditions. But tbh the track review doesn't mean crap to me. Neither does 0 to 100 or 0 to 60 speeds etc. I really only care about how it handles on the street and for 4 day touring trips consisting of 1000kms a day. I have ridden the new bike for around 300kms now. Its been wet and cold every day. And It's only been commuting to work. No hills runs. For me there has not been much change. It basically sounds and feels the same (not exactly but close enough). The bars feel lower and wider. It still accelerates quick and lifts the wheel easily with the rev limiter still on. Brakes feel fine. So until the weather warms up and I can fang one up in the hills with the limiter off I don't really have much to say. Clutch is a lot lighter. Seems a bit jerky when its cold. Sticks a bit. Cold start up is a bit funny. First hit of the button it runs for 2 secs and stalls. Second hit of the button and its fine.
bennymx is offline  
post #1525 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:03 AM
Senior Member
 
PaniDropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Cold start up is a bit funny. First hit of the button it runs for 2 secs and stalls. Second hit of the button and its fine.
That seems a bit strange...that isn't intentional I would hope and something they can fix.
PaniDropper is online now  
post #1526 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
flyryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,113
OK...so let me sum this up: Reviews by purchasers are worthless. Despite that, and notwithstanding the fact that I posed the question, I'm guessing there will be more unsolicited reviews of the new bike by street/canyon/track-riding members of this forum than you can shake a stick at, and that my request for same was totally superfluous.

Your Honor, I withdraw the question.

Court is in recess!

P.S. Benny's comments (a review of sorts...thanks, Benny) took me by surprise. I was expecting nothing but "gung-ho", "this bike is awesome", first comments from him, so in this case the review would seem to be a "real" one. Be interesting to get other reviews, to see if his experience is common...or not. So forget it, your Honor...question not completely withdrawn.

Last edited by flyryder; 05-29-2019 at 09:15 AM.
flyryder is offline  
post #1527 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Site Sponsor
 
the_gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In between PBIR and Homestead Raceway
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE_757 View Post
This smackdown is sponsored my our good buddy Manny over at moto million. 🤣
Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy
Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy
Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy Good buddy
sro likes this.
the_gooch is offline  
post #1528 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:33 AM
sro
Moderator
 
sro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post

Your Honor, I withdraw the question.
I'm not saying you need to withdraw your question. Just saying we need to keep it in perspective.
flyryder likes this.
sro is offline  
post #1529 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
GixY2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
Reviews typically don't mean crap unless its specific to what you will use the bike for. Sure all the track reviews and world launch reviews will still tell you what the bike is like across a wide range of conditions. But tbh the track review doesn't mean crap to me. Neither does 0 to 100 or 0 to 60 speeds etc. I really only care about how it handles on the street and for 4 day touring trips consisting of 1000kms a day. I have ridden the new bike for around 300kms now. Its been wet and cold every day. And It's only been commuting to work. No hills runs. For me there has not been much change. It basically sounds and feels the same (not exactly but close enough). The bars feel lower and wider. It still accelerates quick and lifts the wheel easily with the rev limiter still on. Brakes feel fine. So until the weather warms up and I can fang one up in the hills with the limiter off I don't really have much to say. Clutch is a lot lighter. Seems a bit jerky when its cold. Sticks a bit. Cold start up is a bit funny. First hit of the button it runs for 2 secs and stalls. Second hit of the button and its fine.
You said the front lifts even when it has the initial rev. limiter active. Is that rev limiter set to 9K? What mode are you riding it on? How is the quick-shirfter (any improvements)?

And sorry to hear that you got the right bike, just the wrong hemisphere at this time of the year to fully enjoy it


2015 S1000RR
GixY2K is offline  
post #1530 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
BMW_388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
OK...so let me sum this up: Reviews by purchasers are worthless. Despite that, and notwithstanding the fact that I posed the question, I'm guessing there will be more unsolicited reviews of the new bike by street/canyon/track-riding members of this forum than you can shake a stick at, and that my request for same was totally superfluous.

Your Honor, I withdraw the question.

Court is in recess!

P.S. Benny's comments (a review of sorts...thanks, Benny) took me by surprise. I was expecting nothing but "gung-ho", "this bike is awesome", first comments from him, so in this case the review would seem to be a "real" one. Be interesting to get other reviews, to see if his experience is common...or not. So forget it, your Honor...question not completely withdrawn.
You know who an OPINION matters the most to? One self opinion that just slap down $23,500 for a nice 2020 S1000RR. I really dont think that 'reviews' from other people should make it or break it on the decision to purchased or not. Everyone has a feel and expectation of results. You buy, ride, and enjoy... or turn around and resell the thing if you dont like it and it does not meet expectations.
sro and bennymx like this.

CLONE ECU's are going to rule the world - ECU A against ECU B
All Keys Lost programming available FREE for some Forum members
Cut keys and programming available FREE for some Forum members
ECU to Cluster Matching with 200MPH available FREE for some Forum members
Add / delete DDC available FREE for some Forum members
All done here in the USA now and you dont have to ship to Poland
BMW_388 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official "I do not like the factory color options on the 2020 S1000RR thread jmatta33 S1000RR/HP4 Appearance 57 02-07-2019 03:37 PM
BMW Motorrad's head of R&D: 'We'll make air-cooled engines beyond 2020' bennymx S1000RR Lounge 3 10-19-2016 12:23 AM
S1000RR/HP4 "facts" Hernan BMW S1000RR General Discussion 12 05-24-2013 01:44 AM
The Official "There's nothing wrong with my Bike" thread. sbs BMW S1000RR General Discussion 36 06-18-2011 06:07 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome