"OFFICIAL 2020 BMW S1000RR" release info and facts - Page 152 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1492Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1511 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 03:14 AM

some car don't have a Temp gauge, only a indication LED on dash that will come up if temp is out of range/High.

Maybe this will come with a later software update if required or a potential problem with bikes overheating.... or someone will hack the TFT display and add itlike they do on phones/GPS unit aka Jailbreak ..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1512 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:43 AM

It doesn't show intake air at all either. Or ambient temp. The other bikes with TFT have the ambient temp in the bottom left.
post #1513 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
It doesn't show intake air at all either. Or ambient temp. The other bikes with TFT have the ambient temp in the bottom left.
My GT has ambient temp, and I really like having that info. Also has coolant temp. As for the new RR, I absolutely do not understand not having that information available on the new bike...it's a "must have" bit of data...couldn't live without it on my '17. Weird.

post #1514 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 12:45 PM

Fatal, bennymx, BMW_388 and 1 others like this.
post #1515 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 PM

*you're* stoned...
TapeWormInYourGut and ATC'er like this.
post #1516 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 PM
sro

There is no such thing as an unbiased review flyryder, especially on a forum. Also, there are so many different uses of this bike. Do you think 650ibÂ’s review from his type of riding will garner positive feedback? Check out his YouTube channel. His is real world from his perspective.
post #1517 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sro View Post
There is no such thing as an unbiased review flyryder, especially on a forum. Also, there are so many different uses of this bike. Do you think 650ibÂ’s review from his type of riding will garner positive feedback? Check out his YouTube channel. His is real world from his perspective.
Perhaps I didn't make my point clearly enough. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

What I'm interested in is the people I've described, evaluating their new purchase...a purchase made with their own money...not for a magazine, not for a business...not for a "blog"...just for them. I don't need to divide the types of ownership into "different use" segments...I want to hear what "real owners", regardless of the kind of riding they do, have to say about the new bike.

With enough "reviews" from REAL owners, with a multitude of riding styles and "uses", any biases will become apparent and can be filtered out.

Who the heck is 650iB, anyway? Sounds familiar...is it/he a blog, a business, or a person?

Thank you.

Last edited by flyryder; 05-28-2019 at 07:56 PM.
post #1518 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 09:49 PM
sro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
Quote:
There is no such thing as an unbiased review flyryder, especially on a forum. Also, there are so many different uses of this bike. Do you think 650ibĂ‚’s review from his type of riding will garner positive feedback? Check out his YouTube channel. His is real world from his perspective.

With enough "reviews" from REAL owners, with a multitude of riding styles and "uses", any biases will become apparent and can be filtered out.

Who the heck is 650iB, anyway? Sounds familiar...is it/he a blog, a business, or a person?

Thank you.
Being a bit sarcastic about 650ib reviews. Some will consider it a real world review. He does ride his bikes. He just happens to street race on the highways of Cleveland.
post #1519 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Being a bit sarcastic about 650ib reviews. Some will consider it a real world review. He does ride his bikes. He just happens to street race on the highways of Cleveland.
Real world...matrix...real world...matrix. We may never know...

Last edited by flyryder; 05-28-2019 at 10:39 PM.
post #1520 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
What I'm interested in is the people I've described, evaluating their new purchase...a purchase made with their own money...not for a magazine, not for a business...not for a "blog"...just for them. I don't need to divide the types of ownership into "different use" segments...I want to hear what "real owners", regardless of the kind of riding they do, have to say about the new bike.

All reviews are biased - whether through 'commercial incentives' or simply rose-tinted glasses/prejudices, or even lack of sufficient experience of other bikes to enable the reviewer to be objective.
sro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode