"OFFICIAL 2020 BMW S1000RR" release info and facts - Page 150 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 1492Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1491 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
BMW cars allow one to set the starting pressure value wherever you would like. A warning appears when the pressure drops by 25% from this preset value. Perhaps the bike will allow this as well.
And they have used that exact same system from cars like they have transposed other technology early from their cars to bike (ABS, traction control, suspension height sensors, etc....)
I wouldn't worry about it. Though on cars on BMW you never get the actual pressure displayed. You just tell the system to reset when the right pressure is physically set on tires and it compares tire pressure loss from there.... But their will be a way to offset one way or the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1492 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGT View Post
Fixed for ya ... lol does looks better with & without stuff in 😂😂😋🤔🤣
How come this bike has a fairing in the rear bottom all the way to the back???!! I'm confused all the pictures I have seen has the exhaust used as lower back fairing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	200522  
post #1493 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpitou View Post
How come this bike has a fairing in the rear bottom all the way to the back???!! I'm confused all the pictures I have seen has the exhaust used as lower back fairing.
How come the photoshopped bike has a full length bellypan when the real one doesn't? That's a tough one...
bennymx and TeenyRR like this.

post #1494 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM

The new RR has a completely exposed set of exhaust canisters. I don't see the exhaust used as a "fairing". Am I mistaken? How do you use an exhaust as a fairing?
the_gooch likes this.

Last edited by flyryder; 05-27-2019 at 02:38 PM.
post #1495 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
How come the photoshopped bike has a full length bellypan when the real one doesn't? That's a tough one...
Oh boy. Looking at the picture on my small phone, looked very natural LOL!!
post #1496 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
The new RR has a completely exposed set of exhaust canisters. I don't see the exhaust used as a "fairing". Am I mistaken? How do you use an exhaust as a fairing?
Well this is a fully faired bike....The back bottom of the "fairing" (read aerodynamics) is made of that big mid pipe, shaped on purpose exhaust, not plastic.....
post #1497 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_388 View Post
I see you installed all 4 O2 sensors back in.

The rear set are usually coded to average the after CAT flow. It is possible you wont see a light on this until several miles later.

It is also possible that the engineers only applied the after CAT senors to meet EURO5 and the code is not setup to really detect that the CAT has issues or even missing.

Let us know when you get about 100 KM on the install of the exhaust.
The check engine light will not come on for that for 2 use cycles. Also, the computer doesn't start monitoring the back o2 sensors until the system is at operating temperature, where the cats are designed to work at. So still need to hear back from users whether it's not gone through these cycles yet.....
post #1498 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Well this is a fully faired bike....The back bottom of the "fairing" (read aerodynamics) is made of that big mid pipe, shaped on purpose exhaust, not plastic.....
OK...shows what I know. When I think of a "fairing", I think of something "covering" something, rather than the "something" (in this case, exhaust) acting as the fairing (but not covering itself, obviously).

I would prefer to see the exhaust covered, but heat dissipation must be the reason it isn't. Ilmberger had a carbon fiber full lower fairing for the '17-'19 bikes that incorporated a cutout on the bottom for cooling, and they told me this actually made the exhaust run cooler than without the full bottom carbon fairing, at speeds over 20 mph (I think that was the number). The cutout must create a "venturi" effect that accelerates airflow. But no matter...the corollary to this, I assume, is that it might be hotter than Hades in stop/go traffic...but who buys one of these to ride in town anyway?

Last edited by flyryder; 05-27-2019 at 03:52 PM.
post #1499 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyryder View Post
Quote:
OK...shows what I know. When I think of a "fairing", I think of something "covering" something, rather than the "something" (in this case, exhaust) acting as the fairing (but not covering itself, obviously).

I would prefer to see the exhaust covered, but heat dissipation must be the reason it isn't. Ilmberger had a carbon fiber full lower fairing for the '17-'19 bikes that incorporated a cutout on the bottom for cooling, and they told me this actually made the exhaust run cooler than without the full bottom carbon fairing, at speeds over 20 mph (I think that was the number). The cutout must create a "venturi" effect that accelerates airflow. But no matter...the corollary to this, I assume, is that it might be hotter than Hades in stop/go traffic...but who buys one of these to ride in town anyway?
Well the whole.context of the discussion is that with the full Akra on, there will be a big void there. Cooling is not as much a matter anymore considering all this exhaust restricting and heat retention bulls..t is gone.... But leaves a big void that is at least aesthetically and possibly aerodynamically not right....
post #1500 of 1899 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:54 PM

http://flip.it/XQb5Fb

Another (favorable) Journalistic opinion of the new RR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode