Lever Guards and Battery - Page 2 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 03:16 AM

E09MS000068 SSB Powersport lithium battery 12V High Performance LH5L-BS Is what i have. $160 from F1 Moto.

It fit perfectly in the battery cradle under the seat. From memory it came with a foam spacer as its smaller than the stock battery.

2015 S1000RR (sold)
2016 Tuono
2017 R Nine T

<10K club janitor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Lithium batteries DO hold charge longer than many other types, thats one of their advantages. The other downside is they tend to have a short shelf life whether they’re used or not.
I think you may have these things mixed up a bit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sparing everyone the discussion on various battery chemistries and borrowing from Ballistic's FAQs (since they're probably the most popular/reputable lithium moto battery manufacturer out there)-

-EVO batteries are more efficient than a lead acid battery. EVO batteries have a static discharge rate of only 10% per year. A lead acid battery self-discharges at a rate of roughly 1% per day. An EVO Battery has a cycle life of more than 2000 cycles versus a conventional battery which has a cycle of roughly 600 cycles. All of this means your battery will last longer.

-Although EVO batteries have incredible energy density and they can burst more cranking amps than a conventional lead-acid of similar physical size, they have less amp/hours. Amp/Hours is the ability to deliver a small amount of power over a long period of time. This means that if you typically use electrical accessories when the vehicle is off, a lead-acid with more amp/hour capacity might be a better choice.

https://www.ballistic-batteries.com/faq.php

So, yeah, when the battery isn't connected to anything it'll hold a charge longer, but that's pretty much meaningless if they're in a bike that has any parasitic draw. It does mean that they can be left sitting uninstalled pretty much indefinitely, and why the replacement lithium battery I got in 2013 is still in great shape despite spending most of it's time on a shelf. That moves us on to the second point, which is the energy capacity (not how much energy they can deliver for starting) of lithium batteries vs more traditional chemistries...which is substantially less. Which is why with a bike with parasitic power draw, an unattended lithium battery can easily be taken below the ~10v minimum, rendering it useless, and an AGM battery would take much longer to discharge, and be more easily recharged.

Mostly talking semantics though 😂 Like I said in my first post, stock S1000RRs usually have very little parasitic draw and batteries, AGM or lithium, can be left for quite a while without worry.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
E09MS000068 SSB Powersport lithium battery 12V High Performance LH5L-BS Is what i have. $160 from F1 Moto.

It fit perfectly in the battery cradle under the seat. From memory it came with a foam spacer as its smaller than the stock battery.
Weird... I emailed SSB and they told me to use a LFPZ10-S for a 2017 model...

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Garage
Lever Guards and Battery

Super happy with @MotoMillion brake guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MotoMillion likes this.

2017 Yamaha FZ-09
2014 HP4 Comp #4547
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz14 View Post
Super happy with @MotoMillion brake guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks great, but I'm too anal to leave one side without a guard.

Good Deals with: pimpedc6, MFisher702, k9crew, M GmBH, NavyFlip, rbernard1984,l3aderbike
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash adams View Post
+1 for woodcraft brake guard $120 and it’s easy to remove for canyon dancers strap transportation. Crashes well, so I’ve heard
Are you using aftermarket clipons or how did you get it to fit the stock bar? Is there slider adapter that will thread in there?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo439 View Post
@MotoMillion 's is $120 also. Fits Renthal clip ons.
any idea if it fits the Attack clip-ons??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode