Lightech reatsets - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Lightech reatsets

I bought lightech rearsets and it seems like i have to replace the rod from the quickshifter.. i can not get it off to save my life... anybody else run into this? Or know how to get it off?

Any input will be appreciated thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 02:44 AM

Looking at the instructions it looks like you just need to remove the bolt that holds the quickshifter to the gear lever. The suitable torx socket would work a charm after you pull the rubber bootie back. It's got threadlocker on it so it may need more effort to undo than expected - probably at least eleventy million times more torque than the 8Nm you're supposed to tighten it too when it goes back on. And don't forget the threadlocker where needed. Life's a bitch when **** falls off at speed on a bumpy road.

http://www.lightechuk.com/ekmps/shop...r/ftrbm004.pdf

First thing in the instructions:

- Remove the OEM rearsets, leaving the OEM shiftrod mounted.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, i was not clear enough with my post(wrote it half sleep in bed). When if you decide to use GP shift, you need to replace the rod on the quick shifter. the package came with the shorter rod that you need to put on instead, but I can not get the stock rod off the quick shifter.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasjeppsson View Post
Sorry, i was not clear enough with my post(wrote it half sleep in bed). When if you decide to use GP shift, you need to replace the rod on the quick shifter. the package came with the shorter rod that you need to put on instead, but I can not get the stock rod off the quick shifter.
Do you have a link to those instructions? The instructions I found mention nothing about replacing the rod. The BMW service and repair manual has no information about taking that part apart.

If the instructions that I found for the Lightech and BMW HP rearsets are anything to go by, you just leave the mechanism as is and bolt it to the correct hole.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 05:40 PM

OP is keeping the model year secret for some reason, 2010-14 is completely different to 2015 + I am guessing he has the earlier version.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:14 PM
sro

OP is asking if the rods on either side of the sensor must be replaced. If so, how is it removed.

With Attack Performance, I've never replaced it. With Vortex, I did replace the rod closer to the lever.

Not sure what you've tried so far. You could put two nuts on the threaded end and turn it while holding the sensor with another wrench.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Sorry i forgot to mention it is a 2016 BMW S1000RR. So I got the rod out and replaced. I will post up pictures incase anyone else run into the same struggle.

So with the Lightech rearsets on the 15+ BMW S1000RR you get a replacement rod that you need to use if you are using GP SHIFT. I took the shifter off and used vicegrips on the rod and large pliers on to the quickshifter unit itself. you have to use ALOT of strength to get it off, however it came off eventually and I replaced it with the rod that was in the lightech package. Now it fits perfect. If you do not replace the rod the shifter peg will be way too low compared to the foot peg and you will not be able to get your foot down under it comfortably.

Sorry for any confusion - will have pictures up later on incase anyone is interested.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 03:05 PM

vortex all the way....getting replacement parts is cake
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I ordered replacement pegs with my set of lightech
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170911_155023.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	182665

Here are the two rods...

2004 HONDA CBR 600RR (SOLD)
2008 KAWASAKI ZX6R (SOLD)
2014 BMW S1000RR (SOLD)
2016 BMW S1000RR (TRACK BIKE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode