Rearsets - BMW HP vs Attack Performance - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:43 AM Thread Starter

Rearsets - BMW HP vs Attack Performance

Good Day Gents,

I ride a BMW S1000RR 2014 equipped with BMW HP rearsets. Been very eager recently to try the GP Shift, but with the BMW HP rearsets to have GP shift I was told that I need to poke a small hole in the body work in order to accommodate the shift rod in a different position and I really don't want to poke that expensive body work

The Attack Performance rearset allows both shifts without changing the position of the shift rod. So do you think its wise to sell the HP rearset and get the AP rearset or can I still have GP shift with HP rearset without harming the bodywork.

Thanks.
Husain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE-S1KRR View Post
Good Day Gents,

I ride a BMW S1000RR 2014 equipped with BMW HP rearsets. Been very eager recently to try the GP Shift, but with the BMW HP rearsets to have GP shift I was told that I need to poke a small hole in the body work in order to accommodate the shift rod in a different position and I really don't want to poke that expensive body work

The Attack Performance rearset allows both shifts without changing the position of the shift rod. So do you think its wise to sell the HP rearset and get the AP rearset or can I still have GP shift with HP rearset without harming the bodywork.

Thanks.
Husain
AP rearsets are more adjustable and provide way more grip. Changing from GP to regular shift is a matter of changing one bolt over. I prefer them over my old HP rearsets. If you are doing this for the track then I would definitely go with AP. If it is for the street the AP might be a little too aggressive if you ask me but I am sure there are folks riding them on the street as well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM
KBM

Don't know about the plastics modification for the HP rearsets but can definitely highly recommend the AP ones. They have so much grip that I modded mine slightly to have a little less - more so they wouldn't eat the sole of my boots quite so much - and they're still fantastic.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 05:09 AM

As an alternative; if you're running stock body work, particularly the belly pan, picking up another left lower on eBay is cheap. If memory serves, I paid something like $60 when I went through the same thing, and the lower is very easy to carve up with a Dremel.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBM View Post
Don't know about the plastics modification for the HP rearsets but can definitely highly recommend the AP ones. They have so much grip that I modded mine slightly to have a little less - more so they wouldn't eat the sole of my boots quite so much - and they're still fantastic.
I read in many thread that they eat the sole off the boots and it was bothering me. Would you mind sharing how did you mod the rearsets so they eat little less.

Thanks
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahula03 View Post
As an alternative; if you're running stock body work, particularly the belly pan, picking up another left lower on eBay is cheap. If memory serves, I paid something like $60 when I went through the same thing, and the lower is very easy to carve up with a Dremel.
Thanks for the advise I could do that as well, as I already have the BMW HP rearsets but for some reason I'm really liking the Ti Coloured AP rearsets, but still deciding
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta33 View Post
AP rearsets are more adjustable and provide way more grip. Changing from GP to regular shift is a matter of changing one bolt over. I prefer them over my old HP rearsets. If you are doing this for the track then I would definitely go with AP. If it is for the street the AP might be a little too aggressive if you ask me but I am sure there are folks riding them on the street as well.
The wide adjustment range and quick change from Std. to GP shift is the reason I'm leaning towards the AP. I don't ride my bike much as I'm currently working off shore but when I get back I try and do track days and a few twisties here and there
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 01:29 PM
KBM

Sorry for the delayed reply.
The APs did chew up the soles on my Daytona Security Evos fairly badly over a couple of months of riding.
I used a dremel with a grinding stone https://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accesso...l.aspx?pid=932
I just blunted some of the sharpest parts of the peg. There's been no significant wear on my boot soles since and there's still lots of grip. If I was doing track days I might get a set of unmolested pegs just for track use.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

@KBM Thanks for the reply
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 10:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE-S1KRR View Post
I read in many thread that they eat the sole off the boots and it was bothering me. Would you mind sharing how did you mod the rearsets so they eat little less.

Thanks
i have the AP on my 2014 and found they were insanely sharp / grippey and not what i like. Not so worried about the boot soles as i was the inability to move my foot. that's a preference thing though and a quick file did the job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode