Figured out why the pegs are so damn hot... I think - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Figured out why the pegs are so damn hot... I think

So, the intense heat has bothered me this whole time but noticed the other day that the pegs themselves aren't as hot as the heat that i'm feeling through the boot sole. I mean, it's definitely hot just not 3rd degree burn hot. On my way to work yesterday I was messing around with foot placement to try and reduce the buzzing I felt. Certain positions that intensified the buzzing and caused my foot to start going numb also caused the intense burning sensation I had been feeling this whole time.

I did this the 65 mile commute to work and basically have found that in my case the numb/tingling sensation is directly proportional to the insane heat I've been feeling.

Does this make any sense whatsoever or am I just grasping at straws here?

2015 S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Numbness and Tingling in your feet isn't caused by heat in my opinion. Sounds like your cutting circulation and your feet are numbing out, similar to wrists going numb from bar pressure. I lower my HP rearsets 1 notch because I have screws in my ankle from a previous accident. If my ankles start to pinch off nerves it can get painful. Nerves can also give a sensation of your feet burning when they are not. I ride with Sidi boots, I don't feet any bothersome heat while riding wearing my boots.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 04:36 PM
z00

Heat and ankle pain are separate issues. Pain is mostly caused by foot positioning and riding ankle angle. I always stretch my legs out every 25min or so to keep circulation flowing.

I have not found a solution for heat issue. It's driving me nuts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM

i have an R1 that heats up nasty
i am in the midst of taking off the full exhaust and sending it to swaintech.com/race-coatings
i have to wear leathers to ride that beast in the heat
and you must keep moving
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I mean that the tingling amplifies whatever heat is there to make it seem hotter than it actually is

2015 S1000RR
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 01:55 AM

Garage
Which year model do you have? The '15 has a rounded trailing edge to the fairing which draws exhaust heat from the main fairing vents straight back onto your boots. The '14 had a sharper sort of cutoff which separated the airflow a lot better. The new bike is a billion times worse for this, on a hot day (40C+) it boils my feet to the point where I have to stop and rest because I'm actually getting burnt
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

I have the 15.

2015 S1000RR
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 09:46 PM

My 15. Definitely an ankle toaster. Thinking about fabricating a tasteful deflector shield....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode