2 questions - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By BMW_HP
  • 2 Post By skapan
  • 1 Post By BMW_388

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

2 questions

So, I inquired about what I thought was an add on at my dealer, and they said it was stock on R with Premium package, and I just wanted to double check.

Q1 - is the shut off module stock? Nothing about it in my manual.

Q2 - oh boy, sorry to do this...but, if Iím just street riding...for street riding (twisties included ) what tires are most running on their R?
I obviously have a few more miles on stock, just getting started on the research...

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeinoregon View Post
So, I inquired about what I thought was an add on at my dealer, and they said it was stock on R with Premium package, and I just wanted to double check.

Q1 - is the shut off module stock? Nothing about it in my manual.

Q2 - oh boy, sorry to do this...but, if Iím just street riding...for street riding (twisties included ) what tires are most running on their R?
I obviously have a few more miles on stock, just getting started on the research...

Thanks all!

The fuel pump shut off is standard now on the 2011 and above. I think the 2010 was an option upgrade.

I do track days on slicks, but, I do my street riding on racing DOT tires. Pirelli SC1 front and Michelin EVO rear, or Bridgestone RS10 G compound. Don't expect a lot of tire life on these track tires however on the street.
maybeinoregon likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM

Tires are like oil. Lots of choices, even more opinions that may or may not be "right" for your wants and needs. There have been some tire discussions here lately, I would suggest using the search function.
wfo439 and maybeinoregon like this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_HP View Post
The fuel pump shut off is standard now on the 2011 and above. I think the 2010 was an option upgrade.

I do track days on slicks, but, I do my street riding on racing DOT tires. Pirelli SC1 front and Michelin EVO rear, or Bridgestone RS10 G compound. Don't expect a lot of tire life on these track tires however on the street.

What is the fuel pump shutoff?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
What is the fuel pump shutoff?

Its all electronic on the fuel pump shut off. Sensors detect tip overs, and crashes. The fuel pump is automatically shut down.

The fuel tank itself has a swinging pendant inside it that blocks fuel from coming out of the venting port in case of a tip over too.
wfo439 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode