What's are the best!!! Engine covers!! - Page 6 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
I have the short frame sliders.
Thanks for the reply. Are they long enough to protect the fairing or is it just for frame protection? Do you have a picture?
bennymx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS1K View Post
Thanks for the reply. Are they long enough to protect the fairing or is it just for frame protection? Do you have a picture?
I have seen a bike go down with the short version and they don't protect the fairing.

CDS1K likes this.
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngsxr View Post

Metal case guards are better than plastic. Even GB will admit to that which is why they only compare themselves "to other plastic guards" on the market.

I second that. After a gentle low side at about 60mph on the track, my GB case protector wore all the way through. Replaced with Woodcraft, hopefully will never test it out.

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Gerardovilla
Lightech works perfect for me
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS1K View Post
To expand on this, I have the woodcraft long sliders and fairings were still damaged. They didn't hit the ground, but the space is so small that all the dust/dirt/cinders that fly up from off the side of the pavement did damage. Other sliders are probably the same.

Also, I think the Sato Carbon case covers would have the best protection. They completely cover the cases, and if you notice, they also have replaceable puck where the case would impact the pavement. The others listed seem to have one of these protection options or the other, not both.
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papey View Post
So gngsxr, you think gbr/rg covers aren't as good as the metal covers.. but what all the metal covers generally only cover the point prone to sliding, so if you hit a gravel trap or go off the road then the plastic protects the rest of the engine casing, no? Thats the main reason I'm considering sato racing carbon covers instead of rizoma metal covers
I am not sure what you mean. With woodcraft case guards installed the rest of the stock engine case cover cannot contact the ground. If it did then your bike most likely hit the ground so hard that it is completely destroyed anyways.

If you are looking at carbon fiber or Rizoma case covers then honestly you aren't too concerned about legitimate protection but more so how good your bike looks which is totally fine. Either option is still more protection then nothing at all.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngsxr View Post
I am not sure what you mean. With woodcraft case guards installed the rest of the stock engine case cover cannot contact the ground. If it did then your bike most likely hit the ground so hard that it is completely destroyed anyways.

If you are looking at carbon fiber or Rizoma case covers then honestly you aren't too concerned about legitimate protection but more so how good your bike looks which is totally fine. Either option is still more protection then nothing at all.
The first statement. He means it covers the whole case from any damage. Yes the lowest point will impact and slide on the road. But other stuff can scratch the case still. So a complete covering is often better than just one that protects point of impact.

Agree with the second statement. I have GB. Which cover nearly all of it.
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:28 PM

Hi everyone,
What about these? Just let me know if you you have any questions about this cover kit.

post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpower View Post
I have these I can't see any inferiority at all perfect fit and finish. Price is sure good.

Engine Case Stator Cover Guard Sliders Protector Fit 2009 2016 BMW S1000RR HP4 | eBay
Anyone else have these? Ebay and Amazon both sell them. If they do more damage than good, I'll pass, don't mind spending extra $$ for something better but I really like the Red Color 🙂
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNGOOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpower View Post
I have these I can't see any inferiority at all perfect fit and finish. Price is sure good.

Engine Case Stator Cover Guard Sliders Protector Fit 2009 2016 BMW S1000RR HP4 | eBay
Anyone else have these? Ebay and Amazon both sell them. If they do more damage than good, I'll pass, don't mind spending extra $$ for something better but I really like the Red Color 🙂
Never mind, I'll stick with GB. After reading all the post on Case Covers - I'll stick with Quality. Same reason I wear a Shoei Helmet and Alpinestars Perforated Leather Jacket and gear when riding around town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode