WTB Sprint P08 filter 10-rr - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By A B
  • 1 Post By SimonUK
  • 1 Post By A B
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 42
WTB Sprint P08 filter 10-rr

Looking for a sprint filter if anyone has one there not going to use or no need for it.


Found one.......

Last edited by CessnaA&P; 09-01-2019 at 07:25 PM.
CessnaA&P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 08:07 PM
A B
Senior Member
 
A B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra, Oz
Posts: 807
Garage
have you read the threads regarding dust/pollen in the airbox thanks to the Sprint 08? most of us that had them have thrown them out.
BMW_388 likes this.

1990 Carrera 4 | 2016 S1000RR | 2010 S1000RR (gone)
A B is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 163
wasnt that mostly pegged on an install issue?
dochp is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 402
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochp View Post
wasnt that mostly pegged on an install issue?
The 'frame' was changed, that in itself tells me there were design issues. I had a P08(and lots of dust/pollen), removed it and installed (same install process) a BMC with no issues.
dochp likes this.
SimonUK is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 42
Yea I took a look at Brockís vid and there was an update to the frame of the filter to keep it from bending in at the edges and maintain a good seal on the out side.
CessnaA&P is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Moderator
 
bennymx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,879
Do that on an off road bike and your engine is toast. Lucky that these bikes live on the road with very little dust.
bennymx is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 08:12 PM
A B
Senior Member
 
A B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra, Oz
Posts: 807
Garage
ok, so all this is in the other thread but...

I fitted a sprint08, a few months later I went to clean it, dust/pollen in the airbox. Cleaned all that, checked on forums, found a fitting issue - it bends on the side when inserting.

My solution to that was use a water based lubricant on the edges to aid insertion

So no bends, clean filter, clean airbox. About 6 weeks later I checked it again, same amount of pollen/dust.

So I bought a K&N, threw the Sprint in the bin.

I checked the K&N and airbox again recently, a clean airbox is the result.

[edit] we're in a severe drought down here (as usual), so lots of dust everywhere.
dochp likes this.

1990 Carrera 4 | 2016 S1000RR | 2010 S1000RR (gone)

Last edited by A B; 09-02-2019 at 08:17 PM.
A B is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by A B View Post
ok, so all this is in the other thread but...

I fitted a sprint08, a few months later I went to clean it, dust/pollen in the airbox. Cleaned all that, checked on forums, found a fitting issue - it bends on the side when inserting.

My solution to that was use a water based lubricant on the edges to aid insertion

So no bends, clean filter, clean airbox. About 6 weeks later I checked it again, same amount of pollen/dust.

So I bought a K&N, threw the Sprint in the bin.

I checked the K&N and airbox again recently, a clean airbox is the result.

[edit] we're in a severe drought down here (as usual), so lots of dust everywhere.
Iím going to give it a try if it doesnít work out Iíll put back in the BMC I have in it now
CessnaA&P is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaA&P View Post
Iím going to give it a try if it doesnít work out Iíll put back in the BMC I have in it now
isnt there also a newer (albeit much more expensive model) thats supposed to filter better and provide more flow than the 8?

I was gonna spring for that when winter service came around.
dochp is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochp View Post
isnt there also a newer (albeit much more expensive model) thats supposed to filter better and provide more flow than the 8?

I was gonna spring for that when winter service came around.
That I donít know I think P08 is the material itís made of from my understanding

https://brocksperformance.com/sprint...-xr-hp4-09-18/
CessnaA&P is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome