Melbourne Riders Check in here. - Page 7 - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:39 AM

I believe it is only resurfaced a bit at the top. A lot of roads are being re done while the weather is fine. Sucks for us though. Riding is just getting into full swing and then the roads get re done. I may go out this week and inspect.
Timmybuzz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

I was out that way a few weeks ago. Made it past St Andrews then the road turned to ****. Did a u-turn a few k's up the road and came back really slowly as the front end was sliding on loose stones.
bennymx and mintpaul like this.
post #63 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Yeah thats the St.Andrews road. I ride that to work. I crashed on it twice this year. One was dark, foggy and wet. Lost front on some diesel in the dark. Other one was lost front end on rocks at that tight bottom hairpin. Good road but easy to come unstuck.

post #64 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintpaul View Post
I went up to the reefton today from Marysville and it has been resurfaced, I nearly came off, it was like riding on ball bearings...

I can't believe they can leave gravel after a resurface

I turned around and went back.
I didn't realise they did that in VIC. I've seen it plenty in NSW. But here I've always seen them seal afterwards. It really is quite dangerous for riders. But it's significantly cheaper. Hence why it's done
post #65 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:29 PM

@macca_779 I will be heading out from Pascoe Vale so I can meet up in the city or anywhere you suggest, it is probably a good idea to save my legs for Reefton being that I am so fit 😳 !!!
bennymx likes this.

2015 S1000RR
post #66 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
I'm in Kinglake. I don't mind taking the lead on this ride as I know the whole Yarra Valley very well. I ride the hills most weekends.

If you guys are in the CBD then don't worry about meeting in Kinglake. We could just meet in Warburton at the bakery. I like to go up the Reefton across to Marysville. Down the Reefton is not as fun. No point going back via the Black Spur due to cops and traffic. We could meet in Warburton and go to Marysville. Have a coffee or some lunch then go back the same way. Only a few hours if people don't want to be out all day. Sunday the 3rd sounds like the best option I think. If some of you guys are local to Kinglake, then I can meet some of you here then we can do Chum creek to Healsville and across to Warburton. Bit of fun on the way to the meet. Any CBD or western suburbs guys that will give you time to get to Warburton. I'm in favour of early runs but since you guys got a bit of travel could make it 10am in Warburton.

Let me know.
Ok lets firm this up. I'm cool to come out to Kinglake and meet the main group there. Benny set and time and place for kinglake and lets lock it in.

Timmy we could meet up at the Maccas on the Hume that's just off the ring road an hour before we are due to hit Kinglake. That's easier than going into the CBD as we will just burn up the ring road to meet the others.
bennymx likes this.

2015 S1000RR
post #67 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 08:35 PM

Garage
Ill meet you guys at Kinglake. Im coming from Broadford. Just put the time up and ill be there
bennymx likes this.

www.youtube.com/warmachinemotovlogs
2013 BMW HP4 Competition #2948
Melbourne, Australia

"If in doubt, go flat out" - Guy Martin
post #68 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 PM

I reckon Kinglake at 9am then. Put us at Reefton by 10 to 10.30. Or stop in warburton for brekky. Or push to marysville for brekky. I normally don't stop much. Im not fussed on what people want to do. No rush i have all day. So 9am at Kinglake servo. Only one in town. Big one in main street.
War Machine likes this.
post #69 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymx View Post
I reckon Kinglake at 9am then. Put us at Reefton by 10 to 10.30. Or stop in warburton for brekky. Or push to marysville for brekky. I normally don't stop much. Im not fussed on what people want to do. No rush i have all day. So 9am at Kinglake servo. Only one in town. Big one in main street.
Ok done. And I'll meet Timmy and who ever else at 8 at the Maccas on the Hume just off the ring rd.
bennymx likes this.
post #70 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:17 PM

I'm heading in from the ringwood area so happy to meet up with others in the area, Shell servo cnr oban rd, Maroondah highway.
bennymx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode